Wayforward: We want to make the next Metroid

#41Gogo726Posted 11/19/2012 2:28:12 PM
Give Dean Dodrill the shot at making the game. He's made my favorite Metroidvania this generation.

urmomishawt04 posted...
Wayforward + Retro should make it.

This is kinda funny when you think about what "retro" means. Loosely, you get Way Forward Backward.
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#42_Matt_Engarde_Posted 11/19/2012 3:26:47 PM
Better than Team Ninja, I suppose...
---
Official Matt Engarde of GameFAQs/Metatron of the SMTIV board.
"Hold on a sec. I'm gonna consult myself, OK?"
#43MarsfordPosted 11/19/2012 3:27:41 PM
I don't think I'd like that at all.
---
Official Marsford of the NDF
People should really learn the difference between a troll and an idiot.
#44Prince ShondronaiPosted 11/19/2012 4:11:11 PM
This is a good idea. I love this idea. I want to marry this idea and have little half-human, half-idea babies.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#45vectorman5Posted 11/19/2012 4:18:45 PM
I'm a sucker for innovation, decent voice acting, and Cadbury creme eggs. If their metroid game could offer at least two of those then Ill graciously accept it, unlike that last one.
---
If the Sega Master System was a speed bump to the NES, the Atari 7800 was a tire-staining squirrel.
#46E-25Posted 11/19/2012 4:45:40 PM
Depends on whether or not Nintendo can keep itself in check and just let them do their own thing. Capcom made great Zelda titles, and then Nintendo tried on their own to "innovate" with all touchscreen controls which hurt the experience; Team Ninja may have done better had the story not been as forced on them as it was, but on that same thought, I felt that OM was lacking on most fronts (gameplay, story, even music).

If they just give WayForward the freedom they gave Capcom, then I could see it working out, but if they try to intervene too much, it could go south pretty fast.
---
Where did you come from? Where do you go?
Where did you come from, demon-eyed Jho?
#47SoaringDivePosted 11/19/2012 4:55:29 PM
21_21 posted...
FefnirOmega13 posted...
21_21 posted...
FefnirOmega13 posted...
No thank you.

Let's leave the Metroid to Nintendo, or having no other choice, Retro Studios.

While Other M wasn't terrible, it tried to do much and suffered as a result, in my opinion. It's definitely a step back from the showstopping Prime series.

This is a very ironic post considering Nintendo IS the very reason why Other M was lackluster at the very most.

Not really.

Other M was developed by Team Ninja (who do the DoA and Ninja Gaiden games, for reference)
Other M was published by Nintendo.

There may have been Executive meddling involved, of which I'm not sure; however, the party to blame is Team Ninja.

Wow, the amount of ignorance in this post is very laughable.

And quit lecturing me about who Team Ninja is and who's responsible for developing the game. I know very well who they are, thank you very much. Apparently, you don't really know the reason why Other M is criticized. For example, have you even heard of the name Yoshio Sakamoto?

The man that single handedly ruined Other M with poor decisions? He was the one handling the story, the one that was 100% convinced that Wii-Remote sideways only was the way to control the game, and that exploration should be cut out for Pixel Hunts and long melodramatic cutscenes (and you have to unlock the ability to pause them).

Without Team Ninja, the game would effectively be Metal Gear Solid 4 with all the gameplay stripped out except for that motorcycle scene.
---
PM me if you add me (I won't bite... hard)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive