Since nobody seems to know how to make a Metroid game anymore...

#1IHeartMetroidPosted 11/17/2012 4:34:29 PM
Bear in mind that I am very aware that Nintendo doesn't listen at all to fans here...

But if they did...

I keep hearing about companies like Wayforward, Team Ninja, Retro etc wanting to make a Metroid game, right?

So what if Nintendo held a contest?

Call it "Project Dread". Let any company with a Wii U or 3DS Development System have a go at it. Let them all create a bite-size sample... and then put them all up, for free download, as a special event on the eshop! Let the true fans of Metroid rate each one, and the winner gets to expand their sample into a full game.

What do you think?
#2Mariofan15Posted 11/17/2012 4:37:51 PM
Team Ninja did make a Metroid game. So cross them off. Both Wayforward and Retro are very good at what they do. But if I chose,I'd pick Retro because of how good DKCR was.
---
0476-5632-3140:Pokemon White 2
#3gotsporkPosted 11/17/2012 4:41:28 PM
... retro made 3 metroid games already...
---
mreow!
spork for president - metroid composite
#4OtherSuperPhilPosted 11/17/2012 4:46:11 PM(edited)
Wtf is thi-- Edit: Nvm.
---
Most stupidly overused words on GameFAQs: rehash, shovelware, troll, fanboy, gimmick, casual, hardcore
www.superphillipcentral.com
#5Starwars4JPosted 11/17/2012 4:45:33 PM
Fan voting? Terrible idea, it would get bombed by trolls voting for the worst one.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#6SuperMario1998Posted 11/17/2012 4:59:30 PM
IHeartMetroid posted...

Call it "Project Dread". Let any company with a Wii U or 3DS Development System have a go at it. Let them all create a bite-size sample...

Ok, sounds good....

and then put them all up, for free download, as a special event on the eshop! Let the true fans of Metroid rate each one, and the winner gets to expand their sample into a full game.

NO. Trolls, like the other poster said. Let Nintendo decide.

What do you think?

---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3vDtZeo1YQ
Iwata: (laughs) 3DS FC: 2020-0024-6119
#7GensokyoPosted 11/17/2012 6:08:58 PM
Starwars4J posted...
Fan voting? Terrible idea, it would get bombed by trolls voting for the worst one.

This was my immediate thought.
#8IHeartMetroid(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 7:14:14 PM
Why do people always assume the worst when it comes to these things? Back when Capcom didn't suck they had these kinds of contests and it worked out pretty well- we got some cool robot masters out of it.

Does everyone think so poorly about public voting?

Did Barak Obama become President because of trolls? Are the Grammys the result of trolls?

The reason why I mentioned Retro etc is because they have experience with the series. I would expect veterans who know the franchise to be front runners.

I think that giving fans the opportunity to choose the direction the series takes would override trolling. Maybe I'm just not cynical enough.
#9CircleOfManiasPosted 11/17/2012 7:19:26 PM
IHeartMetroid posted...
Are the Grammys the result of trolls?

The Grammys are voted on by a panel of judges, not by public vote. And thank (deity of choice) for that.
---
Sick liaisons raise this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
#10IHeartMetroid(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 7:23:57 PM
CircleOfManias posted...
IHeartMetroid posted...
Are the Grammys the result of trolls?

The Grammys are voted on by a panel of judges, not by public vote. And thank (deity of choice) for that.

Because the things they pick are SO great, right? Surely an indicator of complete artistic quality, oh yes.