When someone says they want mature games, do you generally get defensive?

#1VyersPosted 11/18/2012 2:49:31 AM
To elaborate, someone is saying "I wish the 3DS had more mature games"; do you take a defensive stance on the matter? If so, do you feel that you are defending the games, or yourself? Do you think that games that depict intense violence or obscene sexual content are typically immature?
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
Blog: http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=6123776 / YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear
#2hors_doeuvresPosted 11/18/2012 2:56:16 AM(edited)
I see games that I like, I buy them. What everyone else think is their problem.
---
3DS: 3179-7514-8675
"Vitamins, carotins, potassium, fiber... polyphenol!!!"
#3NathanisDrakePosted 11/18/2012 2:57:08 AM
hors_doeuvres posted...
I see games that I like, I buy them. What everyone else think is their problem.

---
Fanboys, especially SONY fanboys, are what's wrong with gaming. Not changing my sig till someone proves me wrong.
#4Baha05Posted 11/18/2012 2:58:13 AM
Ummmmm it really depends if they are trying to put a negative spin on it. Like say "I want a mature game none of that kiddy crap" or something along those lines because that's just bringing in an ignorance we don't need in this community.

If it's just for a simple preference without the negative snide remark then I'm not bothered by it and I might suggest a game.
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
#5n00bsaib0tPosted 11/18/2012 3:06:21 AM
I think the 3DS needs more mature games in the sense that it has a lot of games that are dumbed down like the All Stars racing game coming out that was beta tested on kids, or NSMB2 being too easy. We just need some more difficult games so the more mature gamers who have been doing this for a while have some challenge without having to download 20 year old VC titles.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#6Deimos259Posted 11/18/2012 3:07:45 AM
It depends on that persons definition of mature games. If it is "gore and violence" I recommend Call of Duty since that's what the other kids play.

But usually I don't bother responding.
---
This is serious hee-ho, remember that.
#7MidgardDragon99Posted 11/18/2012 3:10:17 AM
I feel that that person does not understand how reality works and therefore assumes that violence or sex equals maturity.
---
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon
#8NathanisDrakePosted 11/18/2012 3:15:40 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
I think the 3DS needs more mature games in the sense that it has a lot of games that are dumbed down like the All Stars racing game coming out that was beta tested on kids, or NSMB2 being too easy. We just need some more difficult games so the more mature gamers who have been doing this for a while have some challenge without having to download 20 year old VC titles.

Shinobi? Etrian Odyssey 4? Fire Emblem? Code of Princess? Kid Icarus?

Castlevania?
---
Fanboys, especially SONY fanboys, are what's wrong with gaming. Not changing my sig till someone proves me wrong.
#9nazacuckooPosted 11/18/2012 3:18:29 AM
Baha05 posted...
Ummmmm it really depends if they are trying to put a negative spin on it. Like say "I want a mature game none of that kiddy crap" or something along those lines because that's just bringing in an ignorance we don't need in this community.

If it's just for a simple preference without the negative snide remark then I'm not bothered by it and I might suggest a game.

Exactly what this guy says.
---
If there is one thing I have learned from years of watching cartoons as a kid, its that you don't F*** with Shamans >:D
#10n00bsaib0tPosted 11/18/2012 3:26:44 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...

Shinobi? Etrian Odyssey 4? Fire Emblem? Code of Princess? Kid Icarus?

Castlevania?

We have a 3DS Castlevania? And none of these excuse the lack of a challenging 3DS Mario title.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile