When someone says they want mature games, do you generally get defensive?

#11lambchipsPosted 11/18/2012 2:29:34 AM
no... because they are entitled to their opinion (no matter how wrong it is)
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#12NathanisDrakePosted 11/18/2012 2:37:25 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
We have a 3DS Castlevania?

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/3DS/Castlevania:+Lords+of+Shadow+-+Mirror+of+Fate/news.asp?c=45562
And none of these excuse the lack of a challenging 3DS Mario title.

I knew you weren't being serious at this point... >.>
---
Fanboys, especially SONY fanboys, are what's wrong with gaming. Not changing my sig till someone proves me wrong.
#13n00bsaib0tPosted 11/18/2012 2:44:42 AM
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/3DS/Castlevania:+Lords+of+Shadow+-+Mirror+of+Fate/news.asp?c=45562

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate is set for release sometime in 2013
So we don't have a 3DS Castlevania yet.

I knew you weren't being serious at this point... >.>

3D Land and NSMB2 final stages aren't as challenging as the SMB3 and SMW final stages. How am I not being serious by saying that there is no reason for the lack of a challenging 3DS Mario title? Oh, I get it, you're one of those "he disagrees with me, he's clearly a troll" kids aren't you? News flash, opinions can differ.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#14NathanisDrakePosted 11/18/2012 3:16:24 AM
Whoa, whoa, you're way too quick on the insults, aren't you? Now I don't wanna start any argument, but unlike you, I don't suck at reading comprehension. Let me re quote you on what you said earlier(posting from my 3ds btw, so bear with me).

n00bsaib0t posted...
I think the 3DS needs more mature games in the sense that it has a lot of games that are dumbed down

We just need some more difficult games so the more mature gamers who have been doing this for a while have some challenge without having to download 20 year old VC titles.

As you can see, you clearly said the 3ds, in general, needs more "mature" titles. So I listed a bunch of "mature" and "hardcore" titles for you. But your reply came out as a blatant strawman.

You NEVER said it lacks a challenging Mario game until the second post, which I find confusing, so I assumed you're just joking at that point. I wasn't denying the fact that the newer Mario games aren't as challenging.
---
Fanboys, especially SONY fanboys, are what's wrong with gaming. Not changing my sig till someone proves me wrong.
#15wkadPosted 11/18/2012 3:24:56 AM
It depends on how they define mature but usually, I don't.
---
3DS FC 0516-7559-3835 PM me if add :D
http://www.the-top-tens.com/lists/greatest-nintendo-3ds-games.asp Vote Now For Your Favorite 3DS game!
#16n00bsaib0tPosted 11/18/2012 3:34:00 AM
Now I don't wanna start any argument, but unlike you, I don't suck at reading comprehension.

I wasn't trying to start an argument with my first or second post. We don't have a 3DS Castlevania title yet so we really don't know if it falls into the challenging category or not. Having other challenging titles doesn't make other watered down titles (which while I didn't specifically say Mario in my first post, I did mention watered down games) okay.

There was no "blatant strawman", just because I didn't specifically didn't say Mario in my first post doesn't mean the Mario games on 3DS don't fit the description I made in the first post. I didn't call you out on reading comprehension before, but I'm going to now because you tried to do it to me. The fact that I had to explain the relationship between "watered down titles" and Mario shows your lack of it.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#17CrabhammarPosted 11/18/2012 3:42:48 AM
hors_doeuvres posted...
I see games that I like, I buy them. What everyone else think is their problem.

---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
PowerFAQs... is not that bad for quoting.
#18kdiz4321Posted 11/18/2012 5:05:28 AM
No, but I do roll my eyes when they follow up with, "All the 3DS has is kiddy games."
---
I am not an early adopter. If your system is as awesome as you say it is, it will still be in stores when the games I want are out.
#19parKb5Posted 11/18/2012 5:44:27 AM
Mature games is an oxymoron.

Plus, wasn't it Mark Twain who said to be truly mature you have to put aside all childish things including the fear of appearing childish.

ie: only children want to appear mature.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#20AceGamer11xPosted 11/18/2012 5:47:50 AM
no, I laugh.
---
3DS: 1590-4913-4456
Getting,Paper mario sticker star, animal crossing,Monster hunter 3 ultimate and your mom.