When someone says they want mature games, do you generally get defensive?

#21LunarRoarPosted 11/18/2012 5:52:31 AM
Not really defensive, but I get curious. 9 times out of 10 when they mean "mature," they just want a game with guns and headshots which makes absolutely no sense to me.
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=lunarroar
Official Grand Master Assassin of New York (Assassin's Creed 3 board)
#22n00bsaib0tPosted 11/18/2012 6:00:28 AM
Plus, wasn't it Mark Twain who said to be truly mature you have to put aside all childish things including the fear of appearing childish.

Pretty sure its the bible that says to put away childish things.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#23parKb5Posted 11/18/2012 6:01:44 AM
LunarRoar posted...
Not really defensive, but I get curious. 9 times out of 10 when they mean "mature," they just want a game with guns and headshots which makes absolutely no sense to me.

Yeah, for some reason violence and gore = adult.

But put sex in a game and you've gone too far! Sex + video games = OUTRAGE!
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#24parKb5Posted 11/18/2012 6:03:05 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Plus, wasn't it Mark Twain who said to be truly mature you have to put aside all childish things including the fear of appearing childish.

Pretty sure its the bible that says to put away childish things.

Maybe, put the focus of the post was the "including the fear of appearing childish" part and that was Mark Twain.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#25DeathSnipe777Posted 11/18/2012 6:04:16 AM
I believe that the people that generally worry about maturity aren't very mature themselves.

If you actually are an adult and mature you don't need to justify your adulthood or maturity to other people in general, let alone through the games you play. However, I believe that when people say "mature" they are most likely referring to the game rating rather than actual maturity.

If you want a harder game, say that. Don't equate difficulty, blood, cursing and violence to maturity.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
PSN: Marlouchu
#26JP_SartrePosted 11/18/2012 6:24:39 AM
Well, government has taken away personal responsibility and replaced it with legislation. The internet has made it possible to insult other people without losing any teeth.

Such is life in the 21st century. Millions of idiot people with no personal responsibility. This will not end well. Can't stand it? Step away from the 'puter and go read a book. You know, those paper things with words?
---
"The Virtual Boy didn't fail. We failed the Virtual Boy"
-fallenKlNG
#27pikachupwnagePosted 11/18/2012 6:38:21 AM
Baha05 posted...
Ummmmm it really depends if they are trying to put a negative spin on it. Like say "I want a mature game none of that kiddy crap" or something along those lines because that's just bringing in an ignorance we don't need in this community.

If it's just for a simple preference without the negative snide remark then I'm not bothered by it and I might suggest a game.

---
"Grab life by the horns and shake it till it moos "
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF
#28MetalLokiPosted 11/18/2012 7:19:06 AM
parKb5 posted...
Mature games is an oxymoron.

ie: only children want to appear mature.

Funfact:Mark Twain fought Ravage.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Mark_Twain
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Official Cookies 'n Cream/Tsundere fan of the IDF/NDF
#29confettistormPosted 11/18/2012 7:27:23 AM
Makes sure to differentiate between mature (content) vs depth of gameplay (gameplay).

There is a very large difference. There a lot of mature games with retarded gameplay and a lot of supposedly kiddy games with great depth of gameplay. A good story does not necessarily have to be mature. But I will only play a game based on great gameplay.
#30Starwars4JPosted 11/18/2012 9:49:31 AM
I laugh because honestly it's usually the insecure kiddies that worry about playing "mature" games.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade