Now that Wii U has Nintendo Network when are us 3DS owner getting the update???

#11OoSubaruoOPosted 11/19/2012 1:30:46 AM
xxgamer91xx posted...
Did they say we are getting a Nintendo Network ID? I thought they were sticking to FC with the 3DS.

No, 3DS and Wii U will have a Nintendo ID. I'm just wondering if you can use your Wii U one on the 3DS as well.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#1290sRetroGamingPosted 11/19/2012 1:40:05 AM(edited)
Question. say you bought a used 3DS that had a bunch of downloadable games and paid apps that were already downloaded by the previous owner, all possibly registered to the previous owners club nintendo account and none of them on your club nintendo account.

Would you still be able to have every one of those downloadable games and paid apps tied to your new nintendo network ID/user account?. how would they go about this process?.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#13CurryfiendPosted 11/19/2012 1:45:47 AM
Next year
---
later nerd
http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/EpicImmenseCurry.png
#14rizsparkyPosted 11/19/2012 2:02:44 AM
Whens the next Direct? We might get some more information then
#15AwesomeOSauce(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 9:47:11 AM
bump
---
http://soundcloud.com/sunnyterra/audio-recording-on-monday-29
^ Hermiione says my name and says I''m cute! ^_^
#16scigeek101Posted 11/19/2012 10:00:40 AM(edited)
m0986-8 posted...
I hope soon so I can start buying games from the eShop that are actually TIED to my account

Hate to burst your bubble, but the WII U uses the exact same digital drm system as the 3ds and Wii, meaning your software is locked to the console it was originally purchased for. So basically you have an account, but its locked to the console, and you can't change it.

Actually the 3ds seems a little better in this regard, as it actually lets you transfer all your data to another 3ds 5 times, as far as I know Wii U doesn't let you do anything like this.

So basically, Nitendo doesn't look like they are going to improve their digital download service anytime in the near future.

The only thing Nintendo Network gives you over the current system is no friend codes, everything else is pretty much exactly the same.
---
If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.
Harry Truman.
#17podracer35Posted 11/19/2012 11:30:42 AM
scigeek101 posted...
m0986-8 posted...
I hope soon so I can start buying games from the eShop that are actually TIED to my account

Hate to burst your bubble, but the WII U uses the exact same digital drm system as the 3ds and Wii, meaning your software is locked to the console it was originally purchased for. So basically you have an account, but its locked to the console, and you can't change it.

Actually the 3ds seems a little better in this regard, as it actually lets you transfer all your data to another 3ds 5 times, as far as I know Wii U doesn't let you do anything like this.

So basically, Nitendo doesn't look like they are going to improve their digital download service anytime in the near future.

The only thing Nintendo Network gives you over the current system is no friend codes, everything else is pretty much exactly the same.

That is indeed very disappointing. I'm really hoping that one day the consoles themselves will be tied to an account, so that there is an online management system for it. That way, you can have all the purchase data shared between multiple consoles (Ex. Someone has multiple 3DS systems, or a 3DS and a 3DS XL), and when you want to get rid of one, simply take the console off of your account and boom, it's gone, all account associations are terminated, and software downoaded onto the account can't be put on that console anymore.. I might not be explaining it in the most clear way possible, but if it makes sense to anyone, wouldn't that be a wonderful system.

And even better, this kind of system could be made optional, so that anyone who doesn't opt in can just stick with how the download system is right now. The people who really want/need it can take advantage of it, while the people who don't want it don't have to be bothered with linking and managing an account.
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/28lvyvc.jpg Bum, bum, buh-da-dum, Ba-dah-dah-dada Iroh man.
3DS Friend Code: 0903-3152-6750
#18OoSubaruoOPosted 11/19/2012 11:57:26 AM
Nintendo is still new to this account system, maybe they will implement this feature later on once they grasp it easier.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#19scigeek101Posted 11/19/2012 2:44:27 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
Nintendo is still new to this account system, maybe they will implement this feature later on once they grasp it easier.

I doubt it, Nintendo has had more than 5 years to come up with a better account system and they haven't, if this was still there first attempt at online I might agree but it isn't.
---
If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.
Harry Truman.
#20rizsparkyPosted 11/19/2012 3:49:06 PM
Im pretty sure that even though the ID is tied to your system, the ID allows you to save your purchases on your account unlike the 3DS variant