Question / recommendations regarding pokemon series

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Question / recommendations regarding pokemon series

User Info: matty549

matty549
4 years ago#1
I'm thinking about buying a couple pokemon games to get into the series.

If you were to recommend me 2 pokemon games on the Nintendo Ds, which would they be, and why? btw, I'm not interested in the spinoff games, just the main ones.

I already own Leaf Green on the GBA, and ideally would like to transfer.

User Info: superquester101

superquester101
4 years ago#2
matty549 posted...
I'm thinking about buying a couple pokemon games to get into the series.

If you were to recommend me 2 pokemon games on the Nintendo Ds, which would they be, and why? btw, I'm not interested in the spinoff games, just the main ones.

I already own Leaf Green on the GBA, and ideally would like to transfer.

If you want to transfer, get Platinum. I am pretty sure it has migration (transferring pokemon from Leaf Green/Fire Red straight to the game, but you need to go to a special place and catch them there) After you beat Platinum I suggest getting either Black/White. Then later scrape up some money and get B/W 2
AS*Flare online KIU name.
3DS FC:1332-8737-0600 Send me a PM if you add me

User Info: solarisjedi

solarisjedi
4 years ago#3
To narrow it down, there are four choices:
-Platinum
-Soul/Silver or HeartGold
-Black or White
-Black 2 or White 2

If you'd like like to transfer, then definitely get at least Platinum or Soulsilver, as they're both fourth generation and can still transfer from Leafgreen. Personally I prefer SoulSilver, more gyms and much a more tactile interface, but the levelling curve is a bit weird. Platinum is a bit more balanced and arguably has the more "epic" (epic being used loosely) plot of the two.

Between B/W and B2/W2, the narrative in the second ones feel flat compared to the first, but they have much more variety in the wild pokémon you can catch. Not much of a difference, but if you're trying to get into the series as a whole, get B/W.
Official Nidoking of the Pokemon Boards
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Question / recommendations regarding pokemon series

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived