Question / recommendations regarding pokemon series

#1matty549Posted 11/18/2012 1:40:52 PM
I'm thinking about buying a couple pokemon games to get into the series.

If you were to recommend me 2 pokemon games on the Nintendo Ds, which would they be, and why? btw, I'm not interested in the spinoff games, just the main ones.

I already own Leaf Green on the GBA, and ideally would like to transfer.
#2superquester101Posted 11/18/2012 1:53:25 PM
matty549 posted...
I'm thinking about buying a couple pokemon games to get into the series.

If you were to recommend me 2 pokemon games on the Nintendo Ds, which would they be, and why? btw, I'm not interested in the spinoff games, just the main ones.

I already own Leaf Green on the GBA, and ideally would like to transfer.

If you want to transfer, get Platinum. I am pretty sure it has migration (transferring pokemon from Leaf Green/Fire Red straight to the game, but you need to go to a special place and catch them there) After you beat Platinum I suggest getting either Black/White. Then later scrape up some money and get B/W 2
---
AS*Flare online KIU name.
3DS FC:1332-8737-0600 Send me a PM if you add me
#3solarisjediPosted 11/18/2012 1:59:51 PM
To narrow it down, there are four choices:
-Platinum
-Soul/Silver or HeartGold
-Black or White
-Black 2 or White 2

If you'd like like to transfer, then definitely get at least Platinum or Soulsilver, as they're both fourth generation and can still transfer from Leafgreen. Personally I prefer SoulSilver, more gyms and much a more tactile interface, but the levelling curve is a bit weird. Platinum is a bit more balanced and arguably has the more "epic" (epic being used loosely) plot of the two.

Between B/W and B2/W2, the narrative in the second ones feel flat compared to the first, but they have much more variety in the wild pokémon you can catch. Not much of a difference, but if you're trying to get into the series as a whole, get B/W.
---
Official Nidoking of the Pokemon Boards