what would be a better purchase (JRPG fans only)

#1antoinejonesPosted 11/18/2012 6:13:24 PM
Wii
classic controller pro
HD component cables for wii
Xenoblade
LAst story

or

Nintendo #ds (not XL)
Kingdom Hearts dream drop distance
Kingdom Hearts Re:coded (DS)
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (DS)
Resident Evil Revelations

(as you can see KH is the only reason i really want a DS lol.. I got a GBA just for chains of memories back in the day and I got a psp for birth by sleep lol)
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#2malfionPosted 11/18/2012 6:29:36 PM
Get the 3ds and skip 352 Days. Instead get Tales of the Abyss or something.
---
http://i.imgflip.com/5mil.gif
#3brainfreeze10Posted 11/18/2012 6:34:02 PM
Personally I loved Xenoblade and Resident Evil, but wasn't a big fan of any of the other games you listed there. For me, if you're talking only in terms of these games, I'd say get the Wii. But if you're willing to keep up with game releases the 3DS is much more likely to get more games you'd be interested in, while the Wii is pretty much dead.

Basically: the Wii is the better short term investment, the 3DS is the smarter long term investment.
---
Work is for people who don't know how to fish!
3DS Friend Code: 1289-8728-7299
#4antoinejones(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 6:34:14 PM
so you say skip 358 days but not re:coded? i htought re:coded was supposed to be the worst of the two? lol
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#5GigantLuffyPosted 11/18/2012 6:50:18 PM
Recoded is worse in terms of story but superior in terms of gameplay. Fans usually say skip Re:coded since it's like filler from a story perspective, but not because it's a bad game.

Days has a much better story since it reveals Roxas' story during CoM, but I found it to be the worst KH gameplay wise... excluding KHV-Cast and the original Coded.
---
"STRANGE ISN'T IT" - Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
Currently Playing: KH3D & Princess Code
#6SilentHawk29Posted 11/18/2012 7:04:10 PM
I take it you don't have a DS, so drop the DS KH games and get Radiant Historia and The World Ends With You.
---
PSN - Srikar || WKC2 - Jinto
My car: http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/239/71newwheels06.jpg
#7antoinejones(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 7:05:54 PM
SilentHawk29 posted...
I take it you don't have a DS, so drop the DS KH games and get Radiant Historia and The World Ends With You.

I dont have a DS but 3DS can play DS games sooo...
---
#8RetroFanGirlPosted 11/18/2012 7:28:46 PM
The Wii. Xenoblade and The Last Story are better than anything the 3DS has rpg wise.
---
http://imgur.com/1rQCf
^GameFAQs itself is trolling me.
#9kakashik99992Posted 11/18/2012 7:55:34 PM
antoinejones posted...
SilentHawk29 posted...

3DS get Devil Survivor Overclocked(or wait for IV), the dragon quest ds games(especially IX) will also last you until VII,Etrian Odissey and Strange Journey are good if you don't mind some dungeon crawling, Final Fantasy IV and III are the best remakes of those classics meanwhile we hopefully get Bravely Default, and there is a lot more the library of 3DS rpgs is amazing with the DS tittles only and there is some good ones coming for the 3DS now
#10antoinejones(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 7:59:07 PM
kakashik99992 posted...
antoinejones posted...
SilentHawk29 posted...

3DS get Devil Survivor Overclocked(or wait for IV), the dragon quest ds games(especially IX) will also last you until VII,Etrian Odissey and Strange Journey are good if you don't mind some dungeon crawling, Final Fantasy IV and III are the best remakes of those classics meanwhile we hopefully get Bravely Default, and there is a lot more the library of 3DS rpgs is amazing with the DS tittles only and there is some good ones coming for the 3DS now

not really into dungeon crawlers.. Ive played FFIV (even though i know the ds one is a remake) i already have the remake version of 3 on PSP and i am KINDA interested in DQ 9 because it was online play.. but Im sure its not true wifi play lol probably one of those "you need your friend with a ds next to you to play the game"online" kinda games
---