Region lock?! Reggie doesn't care!

#11Valkerion757Posted 11/19/2012 7:52:04 PM
Sorry common sense with well... life tells me to not just buy a random item from another country without you know... looking at it for awhile at least. I know for a fact that sites that sell import games ALWAYS have warnings, notices, and full pages/pdf's explaining if a game will work on a non domestic system.

Theres no excuse for the argument other than the person being stupid.

Its literally the same as driving off a bridge even though there is always 27 different signs 5 miles before the bridge comes up saying its out.

I dont agree with region locking, but its not like theres a huge import section for nintendo games anyway.
---
PSN: Valkerion7 (KoF13:Benimaru, Shen, Daimon ) (BBCS: Litchi/Valkenhayn) ~ (SSF4: Rose/Makoto)~ (GG: Anji, I-No)
XBL: ValkerionSeven (Same games as PS3)
#12MonoculusPosted 11/19/2012 8:01:03 PM
The region lock thing isn't so much to stop us from importing Japanese games as it is the other way around - media prices in Japan are generally higher than a US counterpart + shipping to Japan, so they'd be taking a loss if a good chunk of people started importing into Japan. It's just a good business practice.
---
XBL: RandomTag529 | Steam/PSN: FEGuy | 3DS FC: 4811-7007-7796
NES|SNES|PSX|N64|GC|X360|Wii|PS3|PC|GB|GBC|GBA|DS|PSP|Lite|3DS|Xperia Play
#13Delirious_BeardPosted 11/19/2012 8:12:40 PM
Mariofan15 posted...
"Some people are just stupid."

Or maybe the people that are stupid are the ones who just sit back and let companies continue to screw over consumers more and more, step by step.

Region Lock is just another link in the chain.

Yes,because region locking is so important,right? Only a minority of people even import games to begin with.

And that makes it okay for Nintendo to screw them over, right?

God, the lengths fanboys go to sometimes....
---
This sig will not change until J.P. Howell and Carlos Pena are released or sent down from the Tampa Bay Rays.
http://i34.tinypic.com/adnlsk.jpg
#14diddy1278Posted 11/19/2012 8:45:21 PM
Delirious_Beard posted...
Mariofan15 posted...

Or maybe the people that are stupid are the ones who just sit back and let companies continue to screw over consumers more and more, step by step.

Yes,because region locking is so important,right? Only a minority of people even import games to begin with.

Nintendo are not screwing anybody over and anyway only idiots buy import games then waste hours searching for a guide because they dont know kanji importing japanese games is just a waste of good money if you cannot play the game because you dont know the language. Or are hardcore gamers supposed to know japanese?
#15aak57Posted 11/19/2012 8:47:45 PM
These discussions always amuse me because nobody ever considers the fact that regions don't just impact Americans importing Japanese games. Europeans are screwed over regularly by such practices.
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg
#16IHeartMetroidPosted 11/20/2012 1:03:25 AM
"only idiots buy import games then waste hours searching for a guide because they dont know kanji "

So Last Window is only in Japanese now?

You know, the absolutely fantastic sequel to Hotel Dusk?

I could have sworn that the copy sitting here in front of me is in English. I guess I was just dreaming or something...
#17SieKensou(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 7:25:53 AM
i'm pretty sure she bought the system long before PxZ...

and is assuming that PxZ won't be localized (the same way Namco X Capcom wasn't)
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#18Azure_lKitePosted 11/20/2012 7:38:03 AM
diddy1278 posted...

Nintendo are not screwing anybody over and anyway only idiots buy import games then waste hours searching for a guide because they dont know kanji importing japanese games is just a waste of good money if you cannot play the game because you dont know the language. Or are hardcore gamers supposed to know japanese?

Please tell me you're joking.
Either that, or Nintendo is paying you a hefty sum to post this.
---
"It's a tradition unique to JRPG fanbases to discuss the virginity of characters." - SetsunaFSeiiei
BBCP HYYYYYPE
#1921_21Posted 11/20/2012 7:39:26 AM
diddy1278 posted...
Delirious_Beard posted...
Mariofan15 posted...

You know, I know plenty of gamers who understand Japanese fluently living here in America. You're going to call them idiots for wanting Japanese games?
---
Currently playing:
Cave Story, Super Robot Taisen OG Endless Saga, and Pokemon White 2
#20-Zeke-Posted 11/20/2012 7:53:09 AM
mabber_III posted...
I knew reggie didn't care we north america got stuck with primary color 3ds xl's

I'd rather say that he is just focused more on the Wii U right now, probably we'll get some special edition or something like that after christmas and new year
---
Hi! My name is Zeke, here's my 3DS code:1118-1052-2607 (PM me if you add me)
I'm on Flipnote Hatena also: http://flipnote.hatena.com/5358A8D0A0A86A2E@DSi/