Region lock?! Reggie doesn't care!

#31n00bsaib0tPosted 11/21/2012 10:16:39 PM
What are all of you arguing in favor of region locking 12? Does "product not licensed for use outside of North America" or "product not licensed for use outside of Japan" mean nothing to you? If Nintendo makes the system region free they open themselves up to legal issues with third party developers. You can't stop importing 100%, but you can make it more difficult and discourage people from playing a game not intended for use in their country by region locking. Copyright is a *****, but it is what it is. Don't get pissy with Nintendo because they don't help you violate it.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#32FredSavage27Posted 11/21/2012 11:41:33 PM
Because Nintendo handhelds had no third party support from 1989-2011?
#33OoSubaruoOPosted 11/21/2012 11:54:30 PM
Every month or so, there's always a thread on this. We get nowhere arguing about it on a forum, if you want Nintendo to do something, try emailing them and telling them that Region Locking is a stupid choice.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#34n00bsaib0tPosted 11/22/2012 12:37:11 AM
Because Nintendo handhelds had no third party support from 1989-2011?

Right, I must have missed the part where past practices dictate current ones. Obviously there are huge issues with licensing on the 3DS or the NA eshop would have everything the JP eshop does. It doesn't take a genius to figure this out.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#35_Izanagi_Posted 11/22/2012 2:11:40 AM
The easiest way to tell the trolls from the good posters are to talk about region locking. The trolls will defend it.
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
#36n00bsaib0tPosted 11/22/2012 2:15:59 AM
The easiest way to tell the trolls from the good posters are to talk about region locking. The trolls will defend it.

Actually, the easiest way to tell the trolls from the good posters is that the trolls will refuse to acknowledge any point someone makes and instead try to label someone a troll when they can't prove them wrong. Prove both my posts wrong or expose yourself as the troll.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
#37NathanisDrakePosted 11/22/2012 2:19:12 AM
_Izanagi_ posted...

^Flawed logic is flawed.
---
Fanboys, especially SONY fanboys, are what's wrong with gaming. Not changing my sig till someone proves me wrong.
#38IHeartMetroidPosted 11/22/2012 2:35:15 AM
" If Nintendo makes the system region free they open themselves up to legal issues with third party developers. "

What the hell?

That's a terrible argument! In the quarter century that Nintendo's been making handheld systems, none of them at all have ever been region locked before, and not a single third party developer has ever said squat about a lawsuit against Nintendo.

Region locking has nothing to do with legality at all.
#39n00bsaib0tPosted 11/22/2012 3:06:45 AM
What the hell?

That's a terrible argument! In the quarter century that Nintendo's been making handheld systems, none of them at all have ever been region locked before, and not a single third party developer has ever said squat about a lawsuit against Nintendo.

Region locking has nothing to do with legality at all.

Then explain the lack of localization on certain titles and the eshop having so much more content in Japan than anywhere else. And its not the just third party developer Nintendo has to worry about. If Square-Enix licenses a Utada Hikaru song for Kingdom Hearts in one region but not another, so the song is left out of the game in that one region, then her record label can go after Nintendo if they want to for not taking the precautions against importing.

And hey, at least I'm thinking about what logical reason they might have instead of just bashing Nintendo like some of the people on this board. The way things are with the eshop I'm certain the region lock is a legal issue.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
#40nonexistingheroPosted 11/22/2012 4:13:47 AM
Nintendo should start Reggie-locking their consoles.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.