Region lock?! Reggie doesn't care!

#41IHeartMetroidPosted 11/22/2012 4:42:12 AM
"Then explain the lack of localization on certain titles and the eshop having so much more content in Japan than anywhere else."

Because Nintendo of Japan is a good company.

Nintendo of America is not.

I just obliterated your entire argument in two sentences. :P
#42n00bsaib0tPosted 11/22/2012 5:03:53 AM
Because Nintendo of Japan is a good company.

Nintendo of America is not.

I just obliterated your entire argument in two sentences. :P

Actually, considering most of the titles that aren't localized you just said the OTHER companies are bad, not Nintendo. How many NINTENDO titles haven't made it over here? Now how many Konami, Capcom, Sega, etc titles haven't been localized, whether they are VC releases or retail? There you go. The only thing you obliterated is any notion that you're intelligent in regards to the gaming industry. You're probably the 5th person I've had to correct on the issue. Just because its on a Nintendo system doesn't make it a Nintendo title.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#43IHeartMetroidPosted 11/22/2012 5:18:09 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Actually, considering most of the titles that aren't localized you just said the OTHER companies are bad, not Nintendo. How many NINTENDO titles haven't made it over here? Now how many Konami, Capcom, Sega, etc titles haven't been localized, whether they are VC releases or retail?

Wrong again. Konami, Capcom and Sega are pure software companies. They have a very limited budget for translation and localization, which is why, when asked about it, Senior Vice President Christian Svensson of Capcom plainly stated- "The costs of localization are higher than the forecasted return". This is why these games, which have not been translated or localized were not marketed in the US.

Nintendo of America, on the other hand, is a massively profitable corporation with billions in revenue just sitting on their hands with already translated games like Another Code R, Pandora's Tower and Last Window. Nintendo's decision to not localize already translated titles into the huge US market, by the way, is widely regarded as one of the prime factors in the death of the third party company Cing, by the way, so you can't somehow come up with the argument that third parties with already translated software aren't begging to have their titles put into the US.

I should also note that neither Capcom, nor Konami or Sega makes game hardware, which also makes your argument about these companies completely worthless- they don't make the region lock, Nintendo does. Which means they aren't the ones preventing an individual from buying a game overseas and playing it on their home system.

Nintendo is.

There you go.

I'll turn your worthless pile of irrelevance back on your head- the only thing you obliterated is any notion that you're intelligent in regards to the gaming industry. You know nothing of licensing. You know nothing of regional distribution agreements. You know nothing of the law regarding international releases or localization decisions.

In other words- you really should just shut up, because everything you've posted in this topic is really full of it.
#44NathanisDrakePosted 11/22/2012 5:27:06 AM
Reggie-lock. That's what I'll call it from now on.
---
Fanboys, especially SONY fanboys, are what's wrong with gaming. Not changing my sig till someone proves me wrong.
#45Kyoshiro12345Posted 11/22/2012 5:54:25 AM
there are plenty of us here that are originally from japan and have the right to play games in our native tongue, just because you cant read japanese doesnt mean everyone else is in the same boat.
---
Screenshot it or it didnt happen.
#46zinformantPosted 11/22/2012 6:04:11 AM
Kyoshiro12345 posted...
there are plenty of us here that are originally from japan and have the right to play games in our native tongue, just because you cant read japanese doesnt mean everyone else is in the same boat.

Then invest in a JP 3DS. I don't see why this has to be such a hot issue for so many people in the vocal minority here. Get over it; it's not as if you have any leverage over the situation.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#47n00bsaib0tPosted 11/22/2012 6:08:37 AM
Wrong again. Konami, Capcom and Sega are pure software companies. They have a very limited budget for translation and localization, which is why, when asked about it, Senior Vice President Christian Svensson of Capcom plainly stated- "The costs of localization are higher than the forecasted return". This is why these games, which have not been translated or localized were not marketed in the US.

Konami, Capcom and Sega being software and not hardware has nothing to do with it. If a game isn't brought over here its either because the cost outweighs the profit (as you said) or licensing, the reason certain titles like Konami's Dance Dance Revolution are completely different despite having the same name in North America as they do in Japan. You think a title like Project X Zone doesn't have a ridiculous amount of red tape to go through before it can be released in another region?

Nintendo of America, on the other hand, is a massively profitable corporation with billions in revenue just sitting on their hands with already translated games like Another Code R, Pandora's Tower and Last Window. Nintendo's decision to not localize already translated titles into the huge US market, by the way, is widely regarded as one of the prime factors in the death of the third party company Cing, by the way, so you can't somehow come up with the argument that third parties with already translated software aren't begging to have their titles put into the US.

How the hell is Nintendo not localizing a third party title themselves their fault? Its a third party title. Please, try to make sense.

I should also note that neither Capcom, nor Konami or Sega makes game hardware, which also makes your argument about these companies completely worthless- they don't make the region lock, Nintendo does. Which means they aren't the ones preventing an individual from buying a game overseas and playing it on their home system.

We all know that they don't make hardware. And I never said the region lock was because of specific companies. Reading comprehension, its your friend. Looking at how many titles aren't localized (don't give me that translation BS for old NES games) there is obviously more red tape to go through for a world wide 3DS release than others. This is my guess as to why Nintendo put the region lock on their system, because knowing about the phrase "product licensed for use only in Japan" and how the contracts have to be written, they tried to cover their own ass.

I'll turn your worthless pile of irrelevance back on your head- the only thing you obliterated is any notion that you're intelligent in regards to the gaming industry. You know nothing of licensing. You know nothing of regional distribution agreements. You know nothing of the law regarding international releases or localization decisions.

In other words- you really should just shut up, because everything you've posted in this topic is really full of it.

Says the man convinced that we don't have Castlevania or Mega Man on the eshop because Konami and Capcom would have to translate 20+ year old NES games that were translated 20+ years ago.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#48IHeartMetroidPosted 11/22/2012 6:19:48 AM
n00bsaib0t =
A fellow who just can't wrap his brain around the fact that there is a difference between translating and localizing a game for a different region and actively designing hardware to prevent people from simply playing games from that region.

And yet he tries his best with such little knowledge to lecture other people.

How droll.
#49n00bsaib0tPosted 11/22/2012 6:22:50 AM
Hey, I'm not the one incapable of comprehending basic English. If you can't wrap your brain around what my post says, thats your problem not mine. Maybe you should read it again, but don't hurt yourself. They're only words bro.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
#50IHeartMetroidPosted 11/22/2012 6:34:37 AM(edited)
"Hey, I'm not the one incapable of comprehending basic English. "

Why yes, yes you are.

As well as...
* Being incapable of understanding what a licensing agreement is.
* Being incapable of understanding just how a title gets on the US Virtual Console (hint hint- NOA's got a little something to do with it)
* Being incapable of understanding that local regional distribution agreements aren't responsible for unlicensed/unathorized import and export.
* Being incapable of understanding that creating a region free console doesn't make the console maker liable for those imports and exports
* Being incapable of understanding that, despite every NOA handheld since 1989 existing without region lock, not a single complaint has ever been filed by a third party against them vis a vis imports.

You are incapable of understanding a great many things. This is why you attempting to puff yourself up and blather on about them is very droll to people who actually DO understand them.

And why you just seem to be embarrassing yourself every time you post.