PS Vita.......things arent lookin so good.

#11NathanisDrakePosted 11/19/2012 4:34:03 AM
marioparty17 posted...
No YouTube apparently, the 3ds is a babies toy

This post almost gave me cancer.
---
Fanboys, especially SONY fanboys, are what's wrong with gaming. Not changing my sig till someone proves me wrong.
#12legendarylemurPosted 11/19/2012 4:41:09 AM
NathanisDrake posted...
marioparty17 posted...

Lupus.
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
Official official. Officially
#13n00bsaib0tPosted 11/19/2012 4:49:38 AM
I think people talking about power are doing it wrong. The Vita's issue is having all that power and doing nothing with it, not that power was the focus. If the Vita had the 3DS library the 3DS wouldn't be the superior system, it just cant stand up to what the Vita is capable of. Until the Vita has a vast amount of quality titles that cant be played elsewhere its pretty much useless, but the power of the system isnt the issue.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#14legendarylemurPosted 11/19/2012 4:52:19 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
I think people talking about power are doing it wrong. The Vita's issue is having all that power and doing nothing with it, not that power was the focus. If the Vita had the 3DS library the 3DS wouldn't be the superior system, it just cant stand up to what the Vita is capable of. Until the Vita has a vast amount of quality titles that cant be played elsewhere its pretty much useless, but the power of the system isnt the issue.

Of course power itself isn't the issue. I agree with that. It's Sony's blatant focus on power over anything that was the problem. They promised a lot of power (which is a mistake in itself first of all) but they followed up by... not really delivering a 100% of what they promised. So you got a wrong focus and wrong execution that led that people losing interest in what it had to offer as a hardware. In return, nobody wants to buy the Vita, sales are low as hell, developers jump ship to the only other stable option available: the 3DS.
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
Official official. Officially
#15NathanisDrakePosted 11/19/2012 4:52:43 AM
legendarylemur posted...
NathanisDrake posted...
marioparty17 posted...

Lupus.

Ulcers.
---
Fanboys, especially SONY fanboys, are what's wrong with gaming. Not changing my sig till someone proves me wrong.
#16failgoritmaPosted 11/19/2012 5:26:22 AM
marioparty17 posted...

I can't believe people take this seriously. He is clearly a Nintendo gamer
---
Official PC Master Race representative of NDF
#17iMURDAuPosted 11/19/2012 5:46:38 AM
When the games that get the most advertising are crappy ports of good console games its no wonder Vita isn't doing so well. Who wants a scaled down version of Black Ops 2 that has terrible controls? Who wants to pause their baseball game and take it with them on the go? Maybe there is a market for that but not if you have to buy two copies of the same game! Portable gamers aren't clamoring for these things. We want original games. That's why the 3DS got off to a slow start. Too many ports. When Starfox64 3D was announced I thought "gotta do better than that to get my money".
---
"Either way's good with me. But I wonder what Zanza would say about it."
3DS FC: 1977-1514-4983, PM if you add me
#18JurassicBondPosted 11/19/2012 5:54:53 AM(edited)
Vita sales may increase now that they're adding Vita games to the PS Plus subscription (which basically gives you new free games each month for those who don't know.) I'm thinking about getting one now because their first batch of games has a couple I'm interested in playing, including Gravity Rush. I'm not sure if enough people have PS+ though to make a huge difference in sales.
---
Reading: Interesting Times- Terry Pratchett
http://i.imgur.com/AUbFA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg
#19rizsparkyPosted 11/19/2012 5:54:56 AM
iMURDAu posted...
When the games that get the most advertising are crappy ports of good console games its no wonder Vita isn't doing so well. Who wants a scaled down version of Black Ops 2 that has terrible controls? Who wants to pause their baseball game and take it with them on the go? Maybe there is a market for that but not if you have to buy two copies of the same game! Portable gamers aren't clamoring for these things. We want original games. That's why the 3DS got off to a slow start. Too many ports. When Starfox64 3D was announced I thought "gotta do better than that to get my money".

Its a scaled down version of black ops ONE..... yeah...
#20OnikyuubiPosted 11/19/2012 6:09:35 AM
Vita's biggest mistake is lack of backwards compatibility.
I've said this before in another thread, when Sony decided to get greedy and have people buy their PSP games AGAIN on PSN instead of offering UMD support, that's when they lost one of the biggest selling points of their new system.

Article to somewhat support that claim.
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PS+Vita/PlayStation+Vita/news.asp?c=46412

All those PSP sales since the vita came out could've been counted towards the Vita numbers if they did things right.
/shrug

I don't hate the Vita, I actually want to get one (Project Diva f D:), but there's very little reason to do so at the moment :x
---
http://i.imgur.com/jsS41.png
http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-28-change_language-83-kyag.html