PS Vita.......things arent lookin so good.

#101kewldude475Posted 11/21/2012 5:40:37 PM(edited)
moogle69 posted...
kewldude475 posted...
The Vita library will catch up to the 3DS easily by next year, for one. In fact, without KH3D, Resident Evil Revelations, and Kid Icarus Uprising, 3DS would be a mediocre console.

that is like saying if PS2 did not have all those games, it would be a medicore system, with that said vita does not have specific stuff for other people out their thus for them it does not have any games, like for me :D.

The reason PS2 was so well liked was because of it's games. If PS2 lacked games like KH, MGS, TotA, GTA, FF, and DBZ, the system wouldn't have been nearly as well liked. 3DS doesn't honestly have that many great names going for it. Sure, it has a few god games, but many just have a popular name.

what games, are you referring to that the vita will catch to the 3DS library? so far i only see soul sacrifice and thats it really. note: 3ds next year is getting some really huge line up of superb games coming here and most likely many announcement of localisations, so what you said here is very unlikely to happen.

I'd like to start by saying that Vita's first year library (including ports for both systems) has decimated the 3DS' first year games. But that opinion is fairly accepted, and is often countered with "no one cares if the Vita is better than the 3DS was last year.".

3DS is getting Ace Attorney 5, Conduit, Dragon Quest VII, Luigi's Mansion, Monster Hunter IV (no online, and Monster Hunter has always been mediocre, but that's my opinion), and Castlevania, to name a few for 2013.

Vita is getting Muramasa, Phantasy Star Online 2, Soul Sacrufice, Gods Eater 2, Senran Kagura, Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, and Tales of Hearts R.

In my opinion, all 3DS has (in NA) is KH3D, KI:U, RE:R, SM3DL, OoT3D, SSFIV, and Theatrhythm. Not that many compared to Vita titles I find good. 3DS was amazing this year, but in NA at least, it doesn't look very interesting.
---
PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam:kewldude475;
Vita is just a PSP with higher specs - Megaman Omega
#102Zero_ManiacPosted 11/21/2012 5:38:48 PM
Anclation posted...
I wouldn't really care, except that a lot of Vita fanboys are extremely obnoxious and act like Vita is the objectively superior handheld, which makes it amusing to watch their reactions to the 3DS absolutely destroying it in terms of sales.

The thing is, the system itself is objectively better in terms of hardware. The Vita is objectively more powerful than the 3DS. That is what they mean by "better". Now, the Vita library still needs more AAA titles, but those will come next year (Soul Sacrifice anyone?)
---
Currently wanting: A lot of Vita games/accessories!
PSN: Zero_Maniac623
#103moogle69Posted 11/21/2012 5:56:13 PM
kewldude475 posted...
The reason PS2 was so well liked was because of it's games. If PS2 lacked games like KH, MGS, TotA, GTA, FF, and DBZ, the system wouldn't have been nearly as well liked. 3DS doesn't honestly have that many great names going for it. Sure, it has a few god games, but many just have a popular name.

The 3DS is getting just as well received, alot of the names you listed on that list are most likely to come here as well, not so sure about GTA though.

I'd like to start by saying that Vita's first year library (including ports for both systems) has decimated the 3DS' first year games. But that opinion is fairly accepted, and is often countered with "no one cares if the Vita is better than the 3DS was last year.".

3DS is getting Ace Attorney 5, Conduit, Dragon Quest VII, Luigi's Mansion, Monster Hunter IV (no online, and Monster Hunter has always been mediocre, but that's my opinion), and Castlevania, to name a few for 2013.

Vita is getting Muramasa, Phantasy Star Online 2, Soul Sacrufice, Gods Eater 2, Senran Kagura, Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, and Tales of Hearts R.

In my opinion, all 3DS has (in NA) is KH3D, KI:U, RE:R, SM3DL, OoT3D, SSFIV, and Theatrhythm. Not that many compared to Vita titles I find good. 3DS was amazing this year, but in NA at least, it doesn't look very interesting.

I don't really care of what time what had the best, but as of right now, i don't see what Vita has really, i would also like to point out that Monster hunter IV has online, well atleast that is what i heard, unless if it is removed (i hope not :().

alot of the games you listed in there are just ports for the vita, which can be played else where, sad version of the original, such as tales of hearts (i like the 2D games better, this is not to say that i won't get tales of hearts r if it is localised, i really want to play one of my fave tales game in english, but it has lesser chance than the original DS game though), the only notable one being is soul sacrifice.

IMO what makes a system is its exclusives and exclusives that are good or great like many of the 3DS titles, this leads any system to success, its a shame really a system as good as vita is continuing in its predecessors foot steps. Yes 3DS has its fair share of ports as well, but not as gross as the vita, it also has original titles to.
---
3DS FC 5370 - 0690 - 8871
PSN coming soon
#104moogle69Posted 11/21/2012 5:59:36 PM
Zero_Maniac posted...
Anclation posted...
I wouldn't really care, except that a lot of Vita fanboys are extremely obnoxious and act like Vita is the objectively superior handheld, which makes it amusing to watch their reactions to the 3DS absolutely destroying it in terms of sales.

The thing is, the system itself is objectively better in terms of hardware. The Vita is objectively more powerful than the 3DS. That is what they mean by "better". Now, the Vita library still needs more AAA titles, but those will come next year (Soul Sacrifice anyone?)

that game is the reason enough to get a vita, its going to be amazing which i can't say for many games in todays consoles, but right now im focusing on my Wii U. hopefully more games of that quality are announced for the vita.
---
3DS FC 5370 - 0690 - 8871
PSN coming soon
#105Rurouni720Posted 11/21/2012 6:28:29 PM(edited)
kewldude475 posted...
lol @ people thinking the Vita is dying.

The Vita library will catch up to the 3DS easily by next year, for one. In fact, without KH3D, Resident Evil Revelations, and Kid Icarus Uprising, 3DS would be a mediocre console.

This is like the PS3, and PSP all over again. Nowadays few reasonable people argue that the PS3 has the best library, and PSP has great games (better than the DS imo).

But this cycle will continue with brainless idiots going on about how both systems are dead, when they still, after 2 successes, haven't learned that history is likely to repeat itself here.

It's current situation in terms of sales/support isn't something to be really happy about, though the PSN+ deals are a nice breath take.

Errm....not too likely at the moment. It will have good/great games coming out soon no doubt. Thats almost debatable but it would've felt lacking if those titles never existed on the on the 3DS.

But the problem is that most of the Vita titles aren't widely known compared to the 3DS's current offerings/future support like Mario/Zelda or the hugely popular MH titles (whether one finds the series to be quality or not is subjective though). No, not really...the difference is that the PS3 came off as successor of the successful PS2 console. With third party support with the likes of Final Fantasy, and others announced before it launched. So even in it's darkest days, the PS3's third party support was still there to back it up. Especially with the PSP's case, which revived itself in sales mostly in Japan dye to MHP3 and then with later titles like BBS/Dissidia. The Vita didn't have that, even after it's launch titles were more tolerable than the awful 3DS launch.

I'm still weary of the future support that the Vita will garner after games like SS release. The DC-like numbers, non-popular titles to the mass that would've helped it gain momentum and third party support akin to the PSP-post MHP3, and with the 3DS domination along with MH4 coming out for it next year...i still remain a bit skeptical. Not to say that the Vita is a horrible system btw. If others like it, it's cool.
#106EasterEggHunterPosted 11/21/2012 6:41:09 PM
I dont care all i want is my Animal Crossing New Leaf.
---
3DS Code: 5026-5030-0238
Snifit Apprentice is a master
#107emagdnEPosted 11/21/2012 7:25:43 PM
hey Nintendo fanboys, how about that Wii U launch and all the revelations about it having worse RAM and CPU than PS3?

oh yes, the tables are turning on you guys! now the Sony fans get to mock you!

If PS2 lacked games like KH, MGS, TotA, GTA, FF, and DBZ

it would actually be better off without those abominations weighing the library down

but as it stands, since THOSE are why people claim PS2 is "great", well..... just goes to show how much PS2 sucked
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#108kewldude475Posted 11/21/2012 7:56:40 PM
emagdnE posted...
hey Nintendo fanboys, how about that Wii U launch and all the revelations about it having worse RAM and CPU than PS3?

oh yes, the tables are turning on you guys! now the Sony fans get to mock you!

If PS2 lacked games like KH, MGS, TotA, GTA, FF, and DBZ

it would actually be better off without those abominations weighing the library down

but as it stands, since THOSE are why people claim PS2 is "great", well..... just goes to show how much PS2 sucked

lol Endgame
---
#109kewldude475Posted 11/21/2012 8:01:09 PM
Rurouni720 posted...
kewldude475 posted...
lol @ people thinking the Vita is dying.

This is like the PS3, and PSP all over again. Nowadays few reasonable people argue that the PS3 has the best library, and PSP has great games (better than the DS imo).

But this cycle will continue with brainless idiots going on about how both systems are dead, when they still, after 2 successes, haven't learned that history is likely to repeat itself here.

It's current situation in terms of sales/support isn't something to be really happy about, though the PSN+ deals are a nice breath take.

Errm....not too likely at the moment. It will have good/great games coming out soon no doubt. Thats almost debatable but it would've felt lacking if those titles never existed on the on the 3DS.

But the problem is that most of the Vita titles aren't widely known compared to the 3DS's current offerings/future support like Mario/Zelda or the hugely popular MH titles (whether one finds the series to be quality or not is subjective though). No, not really...the difference is that the PS3 came off as successor of the successful PS2 console. With third party support with the likes of Final Fantasy, and others announced before it launched. So even in it's darkest days, the PS3's third party support was still there to back it up. Especially with the PSP's case, which revived itself in sales mostly in Japan dye to MHP3 and then with later titles like BBS/Dissidia. The Vita didn't have that, even after it's launch titles were more tolerable than the awful 3DS launch.

I'm still weary of the future support that the Vita will garner after games like SS release. The DC-like numbers, non-popular titles to the mass that would've helped it gain momentum and third party support akin to the PSP-post MHP3, and with the 3DS domination along with MH4 coming out for it next year...i still remain a bit skeptical. Not to say that the Vita is a horrible system btw. If others like it, it's cool.

Yep. A lot of Vita's problem isn't game quality (though there are some bad games), but title recognizably. Then when CoD finally launched, being developed by Nihilistic, it was half-assed, with 4v4 Multiplayer, and a 1-2 hour story.

That aside, Vita will pick up. I'm almost absolutely sure of this. People thought the PSP and PS3 were going to die, and PSP sold as many units as the PS3, and PS3 competed with the X-box 360. Vita will probably NEVER catch up to the 3DS. It would take an unbelievable amount of third party support, and for 3DS support to slow down for that to happen, but I would be surprised it it didn't end up a success like the PSP.

That all said, I do think that without RE, KH, and KI, 3DS would be worse than the Vita.
---
#110superbot400Posted 11/21/2012 8:36:01 PM
Onikyuubi posted...
Vita's biggest mistake is lack of backwards compatibility.
I've said this before in another thread, when Sony decided to get greedy and have people buy their PSP games AGAIN on PSN instead of offering UMD support, that's when they lost one of the biggest selling points of their new system.

Article to somewhat support that claim.
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PS+Vita/PlayStation+Vita/news.asp?c=46412

All those PSP sales since the vita came out could've been counted towards the Vita numbers if they did things right.
/shrug

I don't hate the Vita, I actually want to get one (Project Diva f D:), but there's very little reason to do so at the moment :x

...Exactly.
---
http://spinsulin.freeforums.org/the-fantastic-four-respect-thread-t4436.html, my huge ass respect thread. You won't see it.