PS Vita.......things arent lookin so good.

#51RazieruPosted 11/19/2012 10:47:13 AM
I8myYoung posted...
3ds is completely destroying it in sales and games......how long do yal lthink its going to last at this rate.

+1 for all the Nintendo fanboys on here ranting and raving like they accomplished some major feat? It's funny how they continue to carry on like the 3DS doesn't have its share of dire fallacies and simple little things that continue to get ignored (how's that E-Shop and line up of games pre 2013?), yet they kick the Vita when its down like it still isn't a technical marvel superior to the 3DS's low budget make up in any and every way. Eh, carry on then I guess; if it makes you all feel secure.

inb4Sonyboy

Im a sony and Nintendo fanboy......so I really hate to see any of there systems fail.

Ah, it doesn't matter who you are. It was glaringly obvious that the Vita was destined to fail from the start.

> quite possibly the crappiest excuse for backwards compatibility with PSP games; having to redownload physical copies due to a completely different cartridge port; that is that proprietary bs yet again
> overpriced memory
> literal lack of amusing software
> no real support from 3rd parties or themselves for that matter yet the Vita is still overpriced for what it is currently worth
> specs over quality software (specs are awesome, but what can you offer to draw gamer's in other than Little Big Planet, etc.)

The biggest **** up of Sony's is the overpriced memory. I mean, how the hell are you going to offer pricey memory even after someone dumped $250 or $300 on this damn thing with a ****ty library of software?! Even worse is that all your PSP games, again, thanks to possibly the *****iest excuse for backwards compatibility are just paper weights.

Then again, in that regard, Sony has always been jack asses when it comes to proprietary stuff. So, oh well. Looks like the dear chaps dug their final hole in the handheld department. It's a shame really; they had all the technological fortitude alone to make Nintendo **** Reggie bricks. But, as usual, their horrible execution screwed them over.
---
My swagger will X-splode you.
#52halomonkey1_3_5Posted 11/19/2012 10:54:13 AM
Sony has almost always had a significant advantage over Nintendo in everything but first-party game, but Sony always finds ways to piss away any advantage they have.
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#53squatch22Posted 11/19/2012 11:09:41 AM
legendarylemur posted...
NathanisDrake posted...
marioparty17 posted...
No YouTube apparently, the 3ds is a babies toy

This post almost gave me cancer.

Lupus.

Its never Lupus
---
LineTroll posted: Mario Galaxy is just like a Sonic game.
http://www.jc-news.com/gfx/gaf/lol/nintendo_cycle.png
#54monkeypahngPosted 11/19/2012 11:27:16 AM
Doesn't matter how powerful the console is; doesn't mean much when you don't know how to make great games.
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang
#55ecco6t9Posted 11/19/2012 11:27:46 AM
One thing, let people send in all of their PSP UMD's and get download codes for those games.

Granted rights might be a little screwy here but it's something Sony can figure out.
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.
#56singhellotakuPosted 11/19/2012 1:53:00 PM
the psp suffered from a complete lack of quality games and the vita is no different, sadly the 3ds is in a similar boat, not nearly enough good games, it gets around 1 every 4 or 5 months.
#57MetalLokiPosted 11/19/2012 2:06:44 PM
singhellotaku posted...
the psp suffered from a complete lack of quality games and the vita is no different, sadly the 3ds is in a similar boat, not nearly enough good games, it gets around 1 every 4 or 5 months.

The 3DS is cleary not in the same boat.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Official Cookies 'n Cream/Tsundere fan of the IDF/NDF
#58OMG_A_PONYPosted 11/19/2012 2:16:06 PM
E-25 posted...
hyjinx17 posted...
Where are all the RPGs? Where are all the shooters to take advantage of that second stick? Where are all the action adventure games?

On the PS3, which is probably one of the biggest issues with the Vita. It's competing with its console counterpart instead of getting its own exclusive games for the most part.

lets not forget the psp, which is killing the vita in sales in japan every single week.
#59Northern_RosePosted 11/19/2012 2:21:28 PM(edited)
Honestly I think Nintendo just gave the Vita a big boost.

There is really not a lot for the 3DS after almost 2 years and half of it is first party games. Now the launch of the WiiU. Ya because launching 2 systems less than 2 years apart worked so well for Sega.

But look at the WiiU, it's basically a DS in console form. 1 screen is the TV and the other is a tablet. Now Tablet companies will see just what they can do in terms of gaming and they wont need a TV to help em do it.

The Vita on the other hand took a console and made it portable. Nintendo took a portable and made it a console.

The 3DS is starting to look and feel neglected by Nintendo as all their attention is on the WiiU and its Etch-A-Sketch tablets for controllers. Don't forget each system only comes with 1 Tablet, other tablets are sold separately.

The WiiU just made the Vita look so much better in my eyes and if Nintendo keeps neglecting the 3DS, well the Vita will blow right by em.

Paper Mario Sticker Star is the big 3DS release for xmas and thats it really. The Vita has the CoD bundle out.

Im a Nintendo fan and to me the Vita is looking better each day.
---
"I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad." ~ Bad-Anon
3DS FC: 4210-5381-4799
#60Koi_TenchiPosted 11/19/2012 2:21:19 PM
Northern_Rose posted...
Honestly I think Nintendo just gave the Vita a big boost.

There is really not a lot for the 3DS after almost 2 years and half of it is first party games. Now the launch of the WiiU. Ya because launching 2 systems less than 2 years apart worked so well for Sega.

But look at the WiiU, it's basically a DS in console form. 1 screen is the TV and the other is a tablet. No Tablet companies will see just what they can do in terms of gaming and they wont need a TV to help em do it.

The Vita on the other hand took a console and made it portable. Nintendo took a portable and made it a console.

The 3DS is starting to look and feel neglected by Nintendo as all their attention is on the WiiU and its Etch-A-Sketch tablets for controllers. Don't forget each system only comes with 1 Tablet, other tablets are sold separately.

The WiiU just made the Vita look so much better in my eyes and if Nintendo keeps neglecting the 3DS, well the Vita will blow right by em.

Paper Mario Sticker Star is the big 3DS release for xmas and thats it really. The Vita has the CoD bundle out.

Im a Nintendo fan and to me the Vita is looking better each day.
You're making it sound like the 3DS has no games coming out for 6 months... Do you realize that come January/February, the 3DS will more than like suddenly be seeing the likes of Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing and more in a fairly quick span of time?
---
It's a secret to everybody.