PS Vita.......things arent lookin so good.

#61kakashik99992Posted 11/19/2012 3:28:38 PM
Onikyuubi posted...
OtherSuperPhil posted...
Can we cut it out with the "I'm doing naughty things to myself" over Vita not selling well?

You obviously don't care about the future of this hobby and industry if you like it when a platform is not doing well. It's absolutely pitiful behavior.

^ Truf

We buy games, consoles are merely the medium that facilitates said games' play.

From another point of view, Vita failing might (will?) have an effect on Sony's future as a gaming company in general. It's always best to have a strong and healthy competition going.

Vita is indeed a good system as a whole, but it's stuck in an annoying cycle of low system sales > thus few publishers want to release games for it > thus few system sales again :x

Lol there was pretty much no competition for my gba and was one of the best consoles I ever had Nintendo delivers with or without a direct rival so the Vita can safely go to the toilet and any Nintendo Fan won't miss it
#62Northern_RosePosted 11/19/2012 3:40:13 PM
Koi_Tenchi posted...
You're making it sound like the 3DS has no games coming out for 6 months... Do you realize that come January/February, the 3DS will more than like suddenly be seeing the likes of Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing and more in a fairly quick span of time?

Some of those games dont have NA release dates yet. So they could come at any time. And anything that comes out in January and February wont sell worth a crap because parents are still paying off their credit cards from Xmas. Not to mention you just named more first party games.

I got over 200 DS games but only about 10 of them are first party titles. The rest are all 3rd party games.

Where I live you cant find any 3rd party 3DS games in stores any more. Walmart, BestBuy, EB Games, its all just first party stuff for the 3DS.

Zelda saved the 3DS and KH:DD helped sell a few more systems after that. What have we got since? Whats the next big release? Everyone has Zelda and Kid Icarus now so what is there for parents to buy their kids for xmas this year? Nothing for the 3DS.

You honestly think Paper Mario Sticker Star stands a chance against CoD and the Vita bundle? There is no big games for the 3DS for people to buy this xmas. There is no bundles there is nothing. No one has a reason to spend money on a 3DS this xmas.

Japan has lots of 3DS games, NA does not.
---
"I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad." ~ Bad-Anon
3DS FC: 4210-5381-4799
#63kakashik99992Posted 11/19/2012 4:02:36 PM(edited)
Northern_Rose posted...
Koi_Tenchi posted...
You're making it sound like the 3DS has no games coming out for 6 months... Do you realize that come January/February, the 3DS will more than like suddenly be seeing the likes of Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing and more in a fairly quick span of time?

Some of those games dont have NA release dates yet. So they could come at any time. And anything that comes out in January and February wont sell worth a crap because parents are still paying off their credit cards from Xmas. Not to mention you just named more first party games.

I got over 200 DS games but only about 10 of them are first party titles. The rest are all 3rd party games.

Where I live you cant find any 3rd party 3DS games in stores any more. Walmart, BestBuy, EB Games, its all just first party stuff for the 3DS.

Zelda saved the 3DS and KH:DD helped sell a few more systems after that. What have we got since? Whats the next big release? Everyone has Zelda and Kid Icarus now so what is there for parents to buy their kids for xmas this year? Nothing for the 3DS.

You honestly think Paper Mario Sticker Star stands a chance against CoD and the Vita bundle? There is no big games for the 3DS for people to buy this xmas. There is no bundles there is nothing. No one has a reason to spend money on a 3DS this xmas.

Hahahahaaahahaha. Wait you were serious? Hahahahaha man you forgot to turn your brain on please do before posting

You mean that CoD Vita that has a average review of like 3 has 33 on metacritics the single player takes 45 min to complete, has a atrocious AI and the multiplayer is completely dumbed down? Hahaha you are killing me more than looking at the Vita sales man
#64Koi_TenchiPosted 11/19/2012 4:03:58 PM
Northern_Rose posted...
Koi_Tenchi posted...

Layton and PM:SS didn't have US release dates until about 2 months before they came out. It's still entirely possible for those games to come out early 2013.
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#65NathanisDrakePosted 11/20/2012 2:28:12 AM
Northern_Rose posted...
Honestly I think Nintendo just gave the Vita a big boost.

There is really not a lot for the 3DS after almost 2 years and half of it is first party games. Now the launch of the WiiU. Ya because launching 2 systems less than 2 years apart worked so well for Sega.

But look at the WiiU, it's basically a DS in console form. 1 screen is the TV and the other is a tablet. Now Tablet companies will see just what they can do in terms of gaming and they wont need a TV to help em do it.

The Vita on the other hand took a console and made it portable. Nintendo took a portable and made it a console.

The 3DS is starting to look and feel neglected by Nintendo as all their attention is on the WiiU and its Etch-A-Sketch tablets for controllers. Don't forget each system only comes with 1 Tablet, other tablets are sold separately.

The WiiU just made the Vita look so much better in my eyes and if Nintendo keeps neglecting the 3DS, well the Vita will blow right by em.

Paper Mario Sticker Star is the big 3DS release for xmas and thats it really. The Vita has the CoD bundle out.

Im a Nintendo fan and to me the Vita is looking better each day.

^Looks like we have ourselves a pro gamer here. Clearly she knows what she's talking about. *rolls eyes*

Vita CoD bundle will outsell the 3ds in NA by christmas? C'mon buddy, don't be ignorant like you always have been, NPD results showed that CoD Vita bombed, hard. And considering the mediocre review scores it's getting, don't expect people that are on the fence to get it anytime soon.

No 3ds games in the next six month in NA? Really? Again with the ignorance. Because last I checked, there's Etrian Odyssey 4, Castlevania MoF, Monster Hunter 3 U, Fire Emblem Awakening, Animal Crossing, and Luigi's Mansion 2, and they ALL have release dates.

You wanna know what's there for the Vita in the next six month? Well let's see... a port of Persona 4, and Soul Sacrifice. Yup, Vita is definitely looking better, I can even see it outselling the 3ds. /sarcasm
---
Fanboys, especially SONY fanboys, are what's wrong with gaming. Not changing my sig till someone proves me wrong.
#66moogle69Posted 11/20/2012 2:38:57 AM
Northern_Rose posted...
Koi_Tenchi posted...

you were one of the best DS members of the board, so i have respect for you but this post seriously makes you sound dumb and insecure, why not sell your 3DS and buy a Vita, if you think Vita is better, go right ahead, the door is clearly open for you.
---
3DS FC 5370 - 0690 - 8871
PSN coming soon
#67NathanisDrakePosted 11/20/2012 2:39:54 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#68NathanisDrakePosted 11/20/2012 2:44:59 AM
Northern_Rose posted...

I'll make sure to save this quote, so I can laugh in your ignorant face once NPD results for Xmas rolls in.

But seriously, why don't you just sell your 3ds and get a Vita if that's how you feel about it? I'm sure their community will welcome your ignorance with open-arms.
---
Fanboys, especially SONY fanboys, are what's wrong with gaming. Not changing my sig till someone proves me wrong.
#69SkaldskaparmalPosted 11/20/2012 2:56:17 AM
OMG_A_PONY posted...
lets not forget the psp, which is killing the vita in sales in japan every single week.

Almost everything is killing the Vita in sales in Japan ever single week.
#70SMASHKING84Posted 11/20/2012 3:09:16 AM
the vita is failing for the same reason 3ds did at first.
1.not very many people want to pay 250 for a handheld when you can get a decent laptop for slightly more and are capable of playing more games[you can pop in a game from the 80's into your computer and it would work...]
2.very very few GOOD games.

the vita might succed if we ever see it drop below 200 which will only help if it gets better games.

the problem is the vita is clearly mostly for psp owners but sony pissed most of them off by making them rebuy digital copies and not even supporting every psp game...
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
unless i state otherwise everything i say is MY opinion.