PS Vita.......things arent lookin so good.

#71IHeartMetroidPosted 11/20/2012 3:59:09 AM
Even if it does fail, I doubt we'll see a price drop. Sony's already losing massive amounts of cash to produce the stupid thing. Cutting it further would make things worse for them.

It's a ball and chain around their neck.
#72Big_IsaacPosted 11/20/2012 6:39:14 AM
Sony actually said that they won't drop the price until AT LEAST next year. that's right, first they say it would be dumb to judge the Vita before Christmas and then they say they won't drop the price until AFTER Christmas
brilliant business, Sony. brilliant business
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#73Northern_RosePosted 11/20/2012 4:32:26 PM
Parents don't read reviews before shopping for their kids. They buy what they think looks worth it. To a parent a system with a game they recognize is more appealing than a system with no games included. Gamers read reviews, parents do not.

I see very little 3rd party support for the 3DS. Most of the games you guys mention are more first party stuff.

I love my 3DS so why would I sell it. I want to like it even more but its still lacking in games and 2 years latter it don't look like its getting too much better. They owned with the GB, the GBA, the DS, Nintendo knows how to do hand helds. Yet the 3DS doesn't seam to have the same momentum as the past systems did.

Now Nintendo has to split their attention between the 3DS and the WiiU. They lost a lot of money on the 3DS so they are going to be more focused on the WiiU in an effort to recover their losses.

It not only has to compete with the Vita but smart phones, tablets and the WiiU as well. Im just saying there really isn't much incentive for people to buy a 3DS this xmas.
---
"I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad." ~ Bad-Anon
3DS FC: 4210-5381-4799
#74OMG_A_PONYPosted 11/20/2012 4:38:01 PM
NathanisDrake posted...
Northern_Rose posted...
Zelda saved the 3DS and KH:DD helped sell a few more systems after that. What have we got since? Whats the next big release? Everyone has Zelda and Kid Icarus now so what is there for parents to buy their kids for xmas this year? Nothing for the 3DS.

You honestly think Paper Mario Sticker Star stands a chance against CoD and the Vita bundle? There is no big games for the 3DS for people to buy this xmas. There is no bundles there is nothing. No one has a reason to spend money on a 3DS this xmas.

I'll make sure to save this quote, so I can laugh in your ignorant face once NPD results for Xmas rolls in.

But seriously, why don't you just sell your 3ds and get a Vita if that's how you feel about it? I'm sure their community will welcome your ignorance with open-arms.

no one can take him seriously after him saying COD will do better than paper mario. its getting 1/10 review scores for chrissakes

troll confirmed
#75kakashik99992Posted 11/20/2012 4:55:28 PM
OMG_A_PONY posted...
NathanisDrake posted...
Northern_Rose posted...
Zelda saved the 3DS and KH:DD helped sell a few more systems after that. What have we got since? Whats the next big release? Everyone has Zelda and Kid Icarus now so what is there for parents to buy their kids for xmas this year? Nothing for the 3DS.

You honestly think Paper Mario Sticker Star stands a chance against CoD and the Vita bundle? There is no big games for the 3DS for people to buy this xmas. There is no bundles there is nothing. No one has a reason to spend money on a 3DS this xmas.

I'll make sure to save this quote, so I can laugh in your ignorant face once NPD results for Xmas rolls in.

But seriously, why don't you just sell your 3ds and get a Vita if that's how you feel about it? I'm sure their community will welcome your ignorance with open-arms.

no one can take him seriously after him saying COD will do better than paper mario. its getting 1/10 review scores for chrissakes

troll confirmed

Yeah this northen whatever seems to be either having a wak troll attempt ot being downright dumb about anything related to games and business
#76Rurouni720Posted 11/20/2012 5:01:33 PM
Northern_Rose posted...
I see very little 3rd party support for the 3DS. Most of the games you guys mention are more first party stuff.

You should look harder because thats factually not true.

I love my 3DS so why would I sell it. I want to like it even more but its still lacking in games and 2 years latter it don't look like its getting too much better. They owned with the GB, the GBA, the DS, Nintendo knows how to do hand helds. Yet the 3DS doesn't seam to have the same momentum as the past systems did.

We are still in the 3DS's early year of momentum. The DS didn't even take off like hotcakes until the DS Lite was released, it's fair to wait longer before judging the system's future as a whole.
#77moogle69Posted 11/20/2012 6:12:17 PM(edited)
Northern_Rose posted...
Parents don't read reviews before shopping for their kids. They buy what they think looks worth it. To a parent a system with a game they recognize is more appealing than a system with no games included. Gamers read reviews, parents do not.

I love my 3DS so why would I sell it. I want to like it even more but its still lacking in games and 2 years latter it don't look like its getting too much better. They owned with the GB, the GBA, the DS, Nintendo knows how to do hand helds. Yet the 3DS doesn't seam to have the same mom
entum as the past systems did.

Now Nintendo has to split their attention between the 3DS and the WiiU. They lost a lot of money on the 3DS so they are going to be more focused on the WiiU in an effort to recover their losses.

It not only has to compete with the Vita but smart phones, tablets and the WiiU as well. Im just saying there really isn't much incentive for people to buy a 3DS this xmas.

I'm sorry but I think Nintendo's support for 3DS is stronger than that of the original DS, if you look at all the Nintendo DS support compared to all the announced 3DS games. Don't forget that developers got to try harder to develop for 3DS, coz it's leaps and bound stronger than it's predecessors, thus it can take time for games to get released, a lot of games also use VAs to, that can take even longer, things change you just have to be patient.
---
3DS FC 5370 - 0690 - 8871
PSN coming soon
#78prmtymePosted 11/20/2012 6:54:12 PM
i have vita itsgreat and all but man where are the games games!!!
---
FC: 2921-9335-1250
PSN Vita: prmtyme
#79prmtymePosted 11/20/2012 6:55:39 PM
my phone has youtube soo....and vita needs a jump start to the heart
---
FC: 2921-9335-1250
PSN Vita: prmtyme
#80Clutch716Posted 11/20/2012 9:11:16 PM
I think that sony,'s problem with the vita is that they're trying to market it like a portable ps3 while Nintendo is treating it like a stand alone system. If you already have a ps3 and don't really go a lot of places, then you,all probably just play your ps3 instead of your vita. The 3ds on the other hand feels more separate from the Wii systems. Also the 3ds with street pass actually benefits users who go out more.