PS Vita.......things arent lookin so good.

#91JoeHigashi2000Posted 11/21/2012 11:24:04 AM
robomasteralpha posted...
Arsene-Lupin posted...
But the Vita does have b/c.

Really? So where do you cram the UMD?

There's no UMD drive, therefore it's not backwards compatible. And no, having to buy **** I already own all over again doesn't count as backwards compatability. That's like saying the 3DS is backwards compatible with the NES because the eShop has NES games.

It is backwards compatible just not completely backwards compatible. Like the 360 with original Xbox games. The sooner they access the vita's OS for cfw the better IMO. But I'm able to run eCFW to play all of my UMD games I've ripped myself on my pspgo and now my vita.
---
GT: J03HIG45HI PSN PS3/Vita: JoeHigashi2000 3DS FC: 0817-3804-7210
#92OMG_A_PONYPosted 11/21/2012 11:26:03 AM
Arsene-Lupin posted...

The Vita's problem isn't a lack of good titles, either. The Vita has an incredible library (as good or better than the 3DS, IMHO).

The Vita's problems are threefold: first, many of its higher-quality titles don't get localized overseas; second, the game is being advertised as a "portable PS3" with many of its "AAA titles" simply being lesser iterations of games currently available on the home consoles (PS3/360) every gamer already owns; third, poor support from Sony--months pass with zero digital support, months pass with zero retail releases. Game releases need to be staggered.

The 3DS library isn't any better than the Vita's, so why does it feel like it is? Because the 3DS got it's games spread out evenly through the year. The Vita? It got all of its games in June or November--at least in North America and Europe.

Basically, the main reason the Vita is floundering in the West is because SCEA and SCEU don't seem to give a flying ****. You know, kind of like where the Wii was (or the 3DS) at this time last year. And given how much the 3DS has turned around, it's not too hard to envision a future where Sony can do the same. Though, if the rumors re: PS Orbis are true, that may end up being little more than a pipe dream.

oh look another gamefaqs industry analyst

*golf clap*
#93OMG_A_PONYPosted 11/21/2012 11:28:20 AM
robomasteralpha posted...
Arsene-Lupin posted...

Really? So where do you cram the UMD?

There's no UMD drive, therefore it's not backwards compatible. And no, having to buy **** I already own all over again doesn't count as backwards compatability. That's like saying the 3DS is backwards compatible with the NES because the eShop has NES games.

its a lame attempt by sony fanboys to try and make their handheld seem better. have fun rebuying all your UMD games, ponies. ROFLOP
#94RobotPirteGhostPosted 11/21/2012 11:47:24 AM
I'm seriously considering grabbing a Vita on Friday. The Vita + Assassin's Creed bundle is $200 bucks at Gamestop. I have PS+ so I get 2 other games I wanted to try for free (Uncharted and Gravity Rush), and I just picked up Playstation All Stars so I have a free download of that too. So I basically get the system with 4 games for $200. Sounds like a win to me.
---
RIP City of Heroes and Paragon Studios - Killed by NCsoft.
Not changing this line until Dimitri, Moosh, and Ricky appear in another LOZ game (7/20/09)
#95moogle69Posted 11/21/2012 12:12:22 PM
Northern_Rose posted...
Its an opinion, I have one as do many of you, so what if they are not the same, does attacking me for mine make you guys feel better or something.

This is the first Xmas for the vita, xmas sales change everything. What happens to the vita next is going to depend on how well it does this xmas and im sorry but they are advertising the crap outta it.

But what ever, attack me for what ever reasons you want. I got just as much right to be here as any of you and to post my opinion, the same way you all posted yours. If you dont like it do the mature thing and just ignore what I said and move on. But the PMs Im getting over this one topic, my god. Some of you guys REALLY need to grow up.

Nintendo still hasn't recovered from its losses with the 3DS yet. When it was released it was almost the same price as the Vita and no one bought it, They had to give it a huge price cut to sell it and even then sales sucked until Zelda got released for it.

The vita is over priced yet they are still selling them without cutting their price, they are not reporting huge losses and they even have money to pay for marketing. And again this is the first Xmas for the Vita, anything can happen.

I say it might do better than you guys think, and get called a lire, a troll, ignorant and people start attacking me via PMs. Over what? 1 personal opinion. Yet Im the villain here. Its nice to see you guys dont disappoint, you lived up to the reputation this board has and then some. (thats not a good thing)

Of all the arguments I been in on this site over the years, this is the first time I have ever been personally attacked via PMs for a post I made, over a personal opinion. Ya, some of you guys (not all) have made this a very sad board to use and you really need to grow up.

Ouch, do you even do your research before you type? Nintendo is starting to make profit out of each 3DS that sells like a few months ago, vitamins selling at a loss.
---
3DS FC 5370 - 0690 - 8871
PSN coming soon
#96UiruPosted 11/21/2012 2:03:51 PM
Further, Zelda came out long before the price drop. I know this because I got my 3DS during the price drop and had Zelda already for the CN soundtrack.

The price drop certainly helped, but Mario and Mario Kart leading into the holiday is what really made the 3DS hit the gas. Cutting the price AFTER Christmas, AND announcing it beforehand, is pretty much Sony saying they don't give a crap anymore. Any armchair analyst on any website can tell you why that was a mindbogglingly stupid move.
---
~Uiru
#97Northern_RosePosted 11/21/2012 3:07:09 PM
moogle69 posted...
Ouch, do you even do your research before you type? Nintendo is starting to make profit out of each 3DS that sells like a few months ago, vitamins selling at a loss.

My god the link is even at the bottom of this page.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/nintendo-shrinks-3ds-losses-6388498
---
"I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad." ~ Bad-Anon
3DS FC: 4210-5381-4799
#98moogle69Posted 11/21/2012 3:15:08 PM
Northern_Rose posted...
moogle69 posted...

My god the link is even at the bottom of this page.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/nintendo-shrinks-3ds-losses-6388498

July 25, 2012 4:13AM PDT

Northern_Rose did you just start doing your research, please stop posting before you make yourself look like a total d***.
---
PSN coming soon
#99kewldude475Posted 11/21/2012 3:17:32 PM
lol @ people thinking the Vita is dying.

The Vita library will catch up to the 3DS easily by next year, for one. In fact, without KH3D, Resident Evil Revelations, and Kid Icarus Uprising, 3DS would be a mediocre console.

This is like the PS3, and PSP all over again. Nowadays few reasonable people argue that the PS3 has the best library, and PSP has great games (better than the DS imo).

But this cycle will continue with brainless idiots going on about how both systems are dead, when they still, after 2 successes, haven't learned that history is likely to repeat itself here.
---
PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam:kewldude475;
Vita is just a PSP with higher specs - Megaman Omega
#100moogle69Posted 11/21/2012 4:05:56 PM(edited)
kewldude475 posted...
The Vita library will catch up to the 3DS easily by next year, for one. In fact, without KH3D, Resident Evil Revelations, and Kid Icarus Uprising, 3DS would be a mediocre console.

that is like saying if PS2 did not have all those games, it would be a medicore system, with that said vita does not have specific stuff for other people out their thus for them it does not have any games, like for me :D.

what games, are you referring to that the vita will catch to the 3DS library? so far i only see soul sacrifice and thats it really. note: 3ds next year is getting some really huge line up of superb games coming here and most likely many announcement of localisations, so what you said here is very unlikely to happen.
---
PSN coming soon