it's alittle off topic but kinda on topic

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. it's alittle off topic but kinda on topic

User Info: Darkstorm16

Darkstorm16
4 years ago#1
Is IGN a reliable place to view reviews? I was looking at NSMB 2 and they gave it such a mediocre score. I just don't understand how people say these people are paid by the companies to give them a positive review when often enough they don't give them a positive review.
Current Systems: 3DS, DSlite, IPod Touch

User Info: Shadow Stalker X

Shadow Stalker X
4 years ago#2
I wouldn't rely on just a single source if your looking for reviews on a game. Different people have different opinions on different games, so check out multiple sites and see what they all say.
Stop reading my sig, you are wasting time doing so.

User Info: stargazer64

stargazer64
4 years ago#3
IGN is alright. I used to visit the site when it first started up, but as the editors who I liked left the site so did I.
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.

User Info: OtherSuperPhil

OtherSuperPhil
4 years ago#4
Shadow Stalker X posted...
I wouldn't rely on just a single source if your looking for reviews on a game. Different people have different opinions on different games, so check out multiple sites and see what they all say.

This. I don't even trust my own reviews.
Most stupidly overused words on GameFAQs: rehash, shovelware, troll, fanboy, gimmick, casual, hardcore
www.superphillipcentral.com

Darkstorm16
4 years ago#5
Atleast they have videos lol but the problems I get is the mixed review ones

User Info: hyper kobun dash

hyper kobun dash
4 years ago#6
Darkstorm16 posted...
Is IGN a reliable place to view reviews? I was looking at NSMB 2 and they gave it such a mediocre score. I just don't understand how people say these people are paid by the companies to give them a positive review when often enough they don't give them a positive review.

No offense, but since when is 8.5/10 a mediocre score?
"If the PS3 is Casablanca and the 360 is The Godfather, the wii would be Pluto Nash." - StilI_Kirbyfan9

User Info: OtherSuperPhil

OtherSuperPhil
4 years ago#7
hyper kobun dash posted...
Darkstorm16 posted...

No offense, but since when is 8.5/10 a mediocre score?

Seriously. We're in a world where 7 is considered shovelware by some people. Damn gamers, man!
Most stupidly overused words on GameFAQs: rehash, shovelware, troll, fanboy, gimmick, casual, hardcore
www.superphillipcentral.com

Darkstorm16
4 years ago#8
Sorry wrong review....i meant they gave Shinobi a bad review lol

User Info: aak57

aak57
4 years ago#9
They gave Shinobi a 7.5/10. That is not a bad review, not even in the world of idiotic video game scores.
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg

User Info: hyper kobun dash

hyper kobun dash
4 years ago#10
What I would like to know is ...

What makes the WiiU version so much better than the 360 & PS3 versions?

Ninja Gaiden 3: 3/10
Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge: 7.6/10

O_o
"If the PS3 is Casablanca and the 360 is The Godfather, the wii would be Pluto Nash." - StilI_Kirbyfan9
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. it's alittle off topic but kinda on topic

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived