it's alittle off topic but kinda on topic

#1Darkstorm16Posted 11/19/2012 9:33:46 AM
Is IGN a reliable place to view reviews? I was looking at NSMB 2 and they gave it such a mediocre score. I just don't understand how people say these people are paid by the companies to give them a positive review when often enough they don't give them a positive review.
---
Current Systems: 3DS, DSlite, IPod Touch
#2Shadow Stalker XPosted 11/19/2012 9:58:49 AM
I wouldn't rely on just a single source if your looking for reviews on a game. Different people have different opinions on different games, so check out multiple sites and see what they all say.
---
Stop reading my sig, you are wasting time doing so.
#3stargazer64Posted 11/19/2012 10:02:57 AM
IGN is alright. I used to visit the site when it first started up, but as the editors who I liked left the site so did I.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#4OtherSuperPhilPosted 11/19/2012 10:11:05 AM
Shadow Stalker X posted...
I wouldn't rely on just a single source if your looking for reviews on a game. Different people have different opinions on different games, so check out multiple sites and see what they all say.

This. I don't even trust my own reviews.
---
Most stupidly overused words on GameFAQs: rehash, shovelware, troll, fanboy, gimmick, casual, hardcore
www.superphillipcentral.com
#5Darkstorm16(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 10:25:13 AM
Atleast they have videos lol but the problems I get is the mixed review ones
---
#6hyper kobun dashPosted 11/19/2012 11:18:31 AM
Darkstorm16 posted...
Is IGN a reliable place to view reviews? I was looking at NSMB 2 and they gave it such a mediocre score. I just don't understand how people say these people are paid by the companies to give them a positive review when often enough they don't give them a positive review.

No offense, but since when is 8.5/10 a mediocre score?
---
"If the PS3 is Casablanca and the 360 is The Godfather, the wii would be Pluto Nash." - StilI_Kirbyfan9
#7OtherSuperPhilPosted 11/19/2012 11:38:50 AM
hyper kobun dash posted...
Darkstorm16 posted...

No offense, but since when is 8.5/10 a mediocre score?

Seriously. We're in a world where 7 is considered shovelware by some people. Damn gamers, man!
---
Most stupidly overused words on GameFAQs: rehash, shovelware, troll, fanboy, gimmick, casual, hardcore
www.superphillipcentral.com
#8Darkstorm16(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 4:09:57 PM
Sorry wrong review....i meant they gave Shinobi a bad review lol
---
#9aak57Posted 11/19/2012 4:14:01 PM(edited)
They gave Shinobi a 7.5/10. That is not a bad review, not even in the world of idiotic video game scores.
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg
#10hyper kobun dashPosted 11/19/2012 4:58:04 PM
What I would like to know is ...

What makes the WiiU version so much better than the 360 & PS3 versions?

Ninja Gaiden 3: 3/10
Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge: 7.6/10

O_o
---
"If the PS3 is Casablanca and the 360 is The Godfather, the wii would be Pluto Nash." - StilI_Kirbyfan9