If I like rhythm games, but not FF what price would FF: Theatrythm be worth it?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. If I like rhythm games, but not FF what price would FF: Theatrythm be worth it?

User Info: MourningReigns

MourningReigns
4 years ago#1
I thought the demo was pretty good for a rhythm game, but if I have no connection to the Final Fantasy universe, what would be a good price point for it? I can currently get it for about $19 with a coupon or so.

Is it a good rhythm game on it's own, or do you need to have a love for Final Fantasy? Does it have enough content for those not into FF?
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
Prince Shondronai 4 years ago#2
You don't need to like the games to appreciate the music. I'd say pick it up for $20-$25 if you're a rythm game fan. It's fun, regardless of your fandom for FF.
One of us. One of us. One of us.

User Info: scigeek101

scigeek101
4 years ago#3
My friend has it and I have played it some, I think 20 dollars is fair, especially if you like rhythm games, (I don't particularily care for them but am a bit of a Final Fantasy fan.)

I say if you like the demo than you probably won't think 20 dollars is unfair, however bear in mind that the Final Fantasy nostalgia is a bit of why I liked it. If you really like rhythm games though I think you will enjoy it without knowing anything about FF.
If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.
Harry Truman.

User Info: danmiy12

danmiy12
4 years ago#4
its basically a rhythm game...ya with ff characters but the gameplay is still a rhythm game...if you liked the gameplay, you ddont need to like the ff as well its a spinoff
My 3ds FC:0989-1899-7615 pm me if you want to add me
Official Shaymin of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth

User Info: rizsparky

rizsparky
4 years ago#5
Holy chit yes, this game is incredibly addictive

User Info: QuantumWolf

QuantumWolf
4 years ago#6
I went into Theatrhythm with only a knowledge of FFIX in mind. I only played VII and VIII for a bit, and haven't even played the others.

I still loved the game just by the well-composed music.
Pokemon Black FC: 3740-3024-4512

User Info: MourningReigns

MourningReigns
4 years ago#7
Thanks guys, looks like I'll pick it up. Appreciate the responses.
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.

User Info: O2Ash

O2Ash
4 years ago#8
I love Rhythm games and Final Fantasy. I thought the game was boring after 2 days or so. Might be different for you though.
Professor Layton 3's Main Theme on Piano: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2bbmzlmP7o
Megaman Legends Music on Piano: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyfQ4iyx0XE

User Info: BatenKait0s

BatenKait0s
4 years ago#9
I highly suggest Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure, in its place.
Currently playing:
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning (3DS); Soma Bringer (DS)

User Info: Gogo726

Gogo726
4 years ago#10
I'm not very good at rhythm games, but I'm loving Theatrhythm. I think it's more forgiving than most rhythm games. Level your characters, assign them skills that would make surviving the songs easier until you get the hang of things.
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. If I like rhythm games, but not FF what price would FF: Theatrythm be worth it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived