Is it me or is my XL's touch screen bad?

#1MabinogiFanPosted 11/19/2012 4:05:31 PM
It feels like I really have to put a lot of pressure on it in order to get it to cooperate and input my commands. I'm playing the World Ends With You, and it's REALLY hard to play with the touch screen, and I'm still early in the game.

Plus, when I drag the stylus across the screen, I hear this scathing noise almost akin to nails on a chalkboard. I can't really explain it. I even have a screen protector put (badly) on the touch screen, and it still seems really fragile.

Will it get easier to use with time, or is it just bad?
#2rizsparkyPosted 11/19/2012 4:09:00 PM
theres something wrong with your xl dude..
#3aak57Posted 11/19/2012 4:22:41 PM
Yeah, definitely sounds like something is wrong. Might as well send it to Nintendo.
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg
#4MabinogiFan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 4:23:51 PM
Will it cost any money for their assistance?
#5AAngelEyesPosted 11/19/2012 5:57:23 PM
MabinogiFan posted...

You should have gotten a year warranty when you bought it. Best thing to do is to call Nintendo up and see.
#6AAngelEyesPosted 11/19/2012 6:02:13 PM
AAngelEyes posted...
MabinogiFan posted...

You should have gotten a year warranty when you bought it. Best thing to do is to call Nintendo up and see.

I meant, the warranty is automatic. So you should have a warranty*
#7MabinogiFan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 8:12:09 PM(edited)
I think the problem is that the touch screen seems more hard and rigid than the original 3DS's. I don't know if they were made to be like that or if mine is messed up, but either way it's kind of awkward to use.

EDIT: While I don't necessarily agree with the touch screen's build, it's not the only thing at fault here. I'm just really bad at the battle system in TWEWY. I just played it on my mom's DS Lite, and I wasn't any better. The game looked alot worse on the DS too.

I just need to get used to the touch screen I guess. I just don't know how to get good at TWEWY. Even if I don't control both screens at once, I still have to multitask pretty much. Having to use the touch screen for everything is annoying. I can't even get my attacks to register sometimes. I drag the stylus and tap enemies, but I just keep missing or the attacks don't work at all.
#8AAngelEyesPosted 11/19/2012 8:52:08 PM
MabinogiFan posted...
I think the problem is that the touch screen seems more hard and rigid than the original 3DS's. I don't know if they were made to be like that or if mine is messed up, but either way it's kind of awkward to use.

EDIT: While I don't necessarily agree with the touch screen's build, it's not the only thing at fault here. I'm just really bad at the battle system in TWEWY. I just played it on my mom's DS Lite, and I wasn't any better. The game looked alot worse on the DS too.

I just need to get used to the touch screen I guess. I just don't know how to get good at TWEWY. Even if I don't control both screens at once, I still have to multitask pretty much. Having to use the touch screen for everything is annoying. I can't even get my attacks to register sometimes. I drag the stylus and tap enemies, but I just keep missing or the attacks don't work at all.

I am pretty sure there is something wrong with your XL.
I have a XL and the touch screen works great. Same thing w/ my DS Lite.