What games to buy first?

#1lukeanthPosted 11/19/2012 4:40:09 PM
So my lovely shiny new white 3DS XL has arrived....and the charger (which I had to order separately, thanks Nintendo) is still not here, which games do you suggest I buy while I wait?

I realise there are probably other threads asking this, but cut me some slack, my 3DS currently just sits there taunting me.
P.S. I already have Mario Kart, it came built in.
#2Twilightwolf444Posted 11/19/2012 4:59:54 PM
Tales of the Abyss
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Super Mario 3D Land
Dead or Alive: Dimensions
Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning
---
US Aqua Blue Ambassador 3DS FC: 5198-2493-9347
I Am Female, American, and a Hardcore Gamer ;)
#3LLL_DeadlyPosted 11/19/2012 5:00:51 PM
Twilightwolf444 posted...
Tales of the Abyss

These two along with Kid Icarus: Uprising.
#4BenzychenzPosted 11/19/2012 5:02:25 PM
Kid Icarus Uprising
Super Mario 3D Land
---
I don't have a sig
#5lukeanth(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 5:05:53 PM
Super Mario 3D Land is definitely on my list.

Sadly, I live in the UK, which means we don't get Harvest Moon: New Beginning yet (It hasn't even got a date) but I do want to try one of those games, is A Tale of Two Towns worth buying? We have only just got that one, don't know why we're so behind when it comes to Harvest Moon.

Also, I've heard some slight control issues with Kid Iccarus, that it handles better with the circle pad pro, am I better off waiting for that one until the XL gets a CPP?
#6podracer35Posted 11/19/2012 5:19:32 PM(edited)
lukeanth posted...
Also, I've heard some slight control issues with Kid Iccarus, that it handles better with the circle pad pro, am I better off waiting for that one until the XL gets a CPP?

Not exactly... If you're comfortable holding the console in one hand while using the stylus with the other for extended periods of time, you should be fine. The controls do take a while to get used to, but with a little tweaking in the options and practice, it becomes natural.

And a few suggestions from me:
Obviously Kid Icarus: Uprising, which is a pretty fun game to have.

Definitely Ocarina of Time 3D. It's a pretty fun game once you get into it.

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask is another great game, but it's a puzzle game with a good deal of text involved. If you haven't heard of the series, give it a look, it's worth it. (It'd help to at least play through The Last Specter, which is the previous game in the series.)

Kingdom Hearts 3D is another great title, but again, it's really best if you're already into the series.

Believe it or not, I'm actually going to recommend Pilotwings too, but only if you can get it for cheap. It's a fun little game to play in short bursts.

And last, but certainly not least,Animal Crossing New Leaf. It's not out yet, but keep it on your radar. It's a crazy addictive game. :)
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/28lvyvc.jpg Bum, bum, buh-da-dum, Ba-dah-dah-dada Iroh man.
3DS Friend Code: 0903-3152-6750
#7Twilightwolf444Posted 11/19/2012 6:03:57 PM
lukeanth posted...
Super Mario 3D Land is definitely on my list.

Sadly, I live in the UK, which means we don't get Harvest Moon: New Beginning yet (It hasn't even got a date) but I do want to try one of those games, is A Tale of Two Towns worth buying? We have only just got that one, don't know why we're so behind when it comes to Harvest Moon.

I also have Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns and it's a pretty good game. You should get it. Just get the DS version, not the 3DS version. The 3DS version tends to mess up.
---
#8Twilightwolf444Posted 11/19/2012 6:04:56 PM
Twilightwolf444 posted...
Tales of the Abyss
Super Mario 3D Land
Dead or Alive: Dimensions
Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning

I also want to add Professor Layton series to this list.
---