How do DS games look on the 3DS XL?

#11teamaquashockPosted 11/20/2012 3:32:32 PM
You can press "Select" and "Start" once you enter the DS game and it will match the pixels on the 3DS from the DS versions.
---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-" 3DS Friend Code: 0430-9368-3384
#12RazieruPosted 11/20/2012 3:58:49 PM
Zanimar posted...
In my opinion they look better on the 3DS XL than on the original 3DS and smidge better than DS.

Incredibly delusional draft here. How can they not look better on the system(s) they run at a native resolution on without having to shrink the images to do so like on the 3DS/3DS XL? Perhaps you should get your eyes checked. Seriously.

Basically it's the same as if you were playing on a DSi XL but with a bit of smoothing added to try and make the 3D DS games not be super jaggy.

Wrong again. DS games look superior on any other DS simply because of the natural native resolution they run at, again, without having to shrink the image. On your dear 3DS XL, the resolution for any DS game is undeniably washed out and blurry. Stop convincing yourself otherwise.

Overall 3DS XL would win my vote in best method of playing DS games. :)

Of course it does. Excuse reality that says differently and realistically. Or have you actually played a DS game on any other DS, let alone (and ultimately) a DSi XL? If you did, you wouldn't have lied like that.
---
My swagger will X-splode you.
#13stargazer64Posted 11/20/2012 4:29:36 PM
Shocked to see Raz in this topic. You can immediately discount anything he says since he doesn't have a 3DS or an XL.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#14RazieruPosted 11/20/2012 4:33:09 PM
stargazer64 posted...
Shocked to see Raz in this topic. You can immediately discount anything he says since he doesn't have a 3DS or an XL.

Not shocked to see Star in this topic. You can immediately discount anything he says because all he ever does when he enters each and every topic I'm in is to spew his trolling nonsense in vain to me.
---
#15stargazer64Posted 11/20/2012 4:41:18 PM
Some people have so little joy in their lives that all they can do is come to Gamefaqs and regurgitate other peoples' negative opinions in a futile attempt to bring people down to their level.

At least join the others on the Wii U board so you can be in good company.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#16RazieruPosted 11/20/2012 4:44:41 PM
stargazer64 posted...
Some people have so little joy in their lives that all they can do is come to Gamefaqs and regurgitate other peoples' negative opinions in a futile attempt to bring people down to their level.

Some people care so much about what others think that they have to profess their undying love for that person and their ideals. Then they redundantly piss and moan useless insults to further bury themselves in their own pitiful hypocrisy. Nice.

At least join the others on the Wii U board so you can be in good company.

At least whine to someone who cares about you itching from everything I post.
---
#17stargazer64Posted 11/20/2012 4:48:38 PM
Uh oh, I think I struck a nerve. I think a good cry will really help you.
---
#18RazieruPosted 11/20/2012 4:52:28 PM
stargazer64 posted...
Uh oh, I think I struck a nerve. I think a good cry will really help you.

Your whiny drivel says otherwise. Also, the sad "stoop to my level" nonsense you mentioned just reiterates you needing to stop babbling your contradictory and hypocritical bravado; seeing as how you manage to prove otherwise by boo hooing to me every chance you get as you continue to do. But do continue; if it will appease you.
---
#19JC_JensonPosted 11/20/2012 10:31:56 PM
I only have two DS games: Aliens Infestation and Super Mario 64. Aliens looks great, even at full screen. Mario doesn't look good at all full screen.
#20AAngelEyesPosted 11/21/2012 2:45:49 AM
aak57 posted...
If you hold select or start while launching the game it goes into native resolution mode, and basically takes up about as much space as the DSi screen. Looks a lot better.

Yup; that.

Native resolution basically gives the screen size of the DSi and looks a lot better.

I prefer 2D DS games on my XL. 3D I just use native.