How do DS games look on the 3DS XL?

#21ZanimarPosted 11/22/2012 4:04:44 PM
Of course it does. Excuse reality that says differently and realistically. Or have you actually played a DS game on any other DS, let alone (and ultimately) a DSi XL? If you did, you wouldn't have lied like that.

I've owned and played every Nintendo handheld, including every version of the DS and I do stand by what I said in that playing a DS game on a 3DS XL feels the same as playing it on a DSi XL but with added filter that attempts to smooth out the image. The colors might be washed out compared to a DS, but when you compare the 3DS XL to the original, the colors of DS games is distinctly more vibrant. Heck at first I thought my XL might of been defective and was over saturating colors when I first put in Pokemon Black 2, but then I went back to some of my older games and noticed they looked distinctly better than they did on the 3DS. They may not be the same exact quality of the DS, but they are pretty dang close.

Also I think you are analyzing the wrong parts anyway. When I said it looked a smidge better than DS, it was not in relation to the color, but rather the filter that smooths out the image. When a DS game was played on the DSi XL it was quite easy to notice pixelation and 3D models and environments had very noticeable jagged edges and such. On the 3DS XL the filter reduces this by a good amount so that jagged edges and pixelation is less noticeable.

Finally when I said it's basically the same as playing on a DSi XL, that's what I meant. Playing DS games on a 3DS XL is like playing them on a DSi XL, you are viewing the game on a bigger screen, but in the case of 3DS XL you have an added filter that smooths out the game a little, something the DSi XL does not have hence "basically."

Honestly, being so over analytical of an opinion makes me wonder if you just said what you said to try and start some argument that has no validity since I was merely stating an opinion and unless the laws of the universe change, an opinion can not be right, wrong, bad, or good since it is an opinion and every living thing has their own opinion of things.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fx4HYOunLc&feature=plcp
3DS FC - 3007-8283-2971
#22RazieruPosted 11/22/2012 4:41:36 PM
Zanimar posted...
I've owned and played every Nintendo handheld, including every version of the DS and I do stand by what I said in that playing a DS game on a 3DS XL feels the same as playing it on a DSi XL but with added filter that attempts to smooth out the image.

Class time! Okay, that "filter" is a BLUR filter that actually is there to prevent pixellation of DS games since the resolution bump of the 3DS will undeniably do that to DS games. Also, as a side effect, it makes any and all visuals blurry. So you couldn't be more wrong. The image is not "smoothed" out as you claim. The blur filter actually makes visuals blurry.

Remember going to your eye appointment and the big ass machine they have you look through and they ask you can you see 1 better or 2? Notice how the different images are either blurry or clear? Same case with the 3DSes' visuals.

The colors might be washed out compared to a DS, but when you compare the 3DS XL to the original, the colors of DS games is distinctly more vibrant.

Now you're comparing the 3DS XL to the original model. I thought we were discussing how much better games look on a DSi XL.

They may not be the same exact quality of the DS, but they are pretty dang close.

This is quite hypocritical of what you previously said. In your last post you said this instead:

Zanimar posted...
In my opinion they look better on the 3DS XL than on the original 3DS and smidge better than DS. Basically it's the same as if you were playing on a DSi XL but with a bit of smoothing added to try and make the 3D DS games not be super jaggy. Overall 3DS XL would win my vote in best method of playing DS games. :)

I know that is your opinion, and I have no problem with that, but this is also blatant hypocrisy.

Also I think you are analyzing the wrong parts anyway. When I said it looked a smidge better than DS, it was not in relation to the color, but rather the filter that smooths out the image. When a DS game was played on the DSi XL it was quite easy to notice pixelation and 3D models and environments had very noticeable jagged edges and such. On the 3DS XL the filter reduces this by a good amount so that jagged edges and pixelation is less noticeable.

I'll just digress by saying that the image quality of DS games are infinitely more accurate on other DSes. Simple fact: There is no blur filter there to prevent pixellation on other DSes that would otherwise occur on the 3DSes, as well as afflict the visuals with a blur and washed out colors.

Again, the filter does not serve to smooth the images out. It is simply there to prevent pixellation of DS games that would otherwise be the result of the 3DS's resolution bump.

Honestly, being so over analytical of an opinion makes me wonder if you just said what you said to try and start some argument that has no validity since I was merely stating an opinion and unless the laws of the universe change, an opinion can not be right, wrong, bad, or good since it is an opinion and every living thing has their own opinion of things.

No one's bashing your opinion. I'm just laying a well known fact about the imagery of DS games on a 3DS vs. the other DSes. You can literally see the difference; and the other DSes undeniably take the vote for best DS visuals simply because of image accuracy.
---
My swagger will X-splode you.
#23stargazer64Posted 11/22/2012 5:01:10 PM
It's astonishing that Raz can spend all that time arguing a point when he has no first-hand knowledge of what he's talking about.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#24RazieruPosted 11/22/2012 5:58:55 PM
stargazer64 posted...
It's astonishing that Raz can spend all that time arguing a point when he has no first-hand knowledge of what he's talking about.

It's amazing that you have such a busy life, yet take the time out of it just to say "Hi" to me yet again.
---
#25CosmoKramer4700Posted 11/22/2012 7:11:40 PM
DS games look great in native resolution on the XL. The image size is even bigger than on the DS lite
---
Gutalala Sudalala
ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS! - The Great Pirate, Edward Newgate "Whitebeard"
#26stargazer64Posted 11/23/2012 4:40:37 AM
Razieru posted...
stargazer64 posted...

It's amazing that you have such a busy life, yet take the time out of it just to say "Hi" to me yet again.

I think you missed my point. I never said I had a busy life, nor did I say Hi. I said you have 0 credibility and you are talking out your ass. I doubt you've even seen an XL in real life yet you spend your leisure time criticising every aspect of it.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#27RazieruPosted 11/23/2012 4:43:59 PM
stargazer64 posted...
I think you missed my point. I never said I had a busy life, nor did I say Hi.

*face palm* I think you fail to understand the element of sarcasm.

I said you have 0 credibility and you are talking out your ass. I doubt you've even seen an XL in real life yet you spend your leisure time criticising every aspect of it.

Ah, my dear obsessed fan, you should know all about arse talking kiddo. Also, let's practice this little thing called on-topic posting and worry just a wee less about what I post. That's the first step.
---