Hypothetical question for whomever can answer

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Hypothetical question for whomever can answer
4 years ago#1
If I download Mario Kart 7 from the eShop after having sold my game cart, will it access the same save data that I already have created, or would I have to start over?
backloggery.com/melatonin
soundcloud.com/z-plan
4 years ago#2
I believe you would have to start over, but don't quote me on that.
"I am Butler. Everything I say sounds tough. Now get out of the lake, fairy." -Butler, Artemis Fowl and the last guardian
4 years ago#3
Yes you will, save data for cartriges is stored on the cartrige itself, the case for every other nintendo handheld.
These boards are a creature of Chaos, they may take many incarnations.
4 years ago#4
Nintendo had mentioned an app that would be released to allow people to convert saves from cart to digital.
GT: J03HIG45HI PSN PS3/Vita: JoeHigashi2000 3DS FC: 0817-3804-7210
4 years ago#5
JoeHigashi2000 posted...
Nintendo had mentioned an app that would be released to allow people to convert saves from cart to digital.

Only for select games.
Give me all teh FE D':
4 years ago#6
NewbieN00b posted...
JoeHigashi2000 posted...

Only for select games.

I expect it would be for games which released in retail first then had an eShop release, maybe for succeeding games that release for both as well. Probably for first-party title first, then maybe third party.
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
4 years ago#7
If you've sold the cart already, then you'll start again.
If you still have the cart, you'll be able to transfer it in future.
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
4 years ago#8
Ah cool thanks for the replies. I still have the cart, and I don't imagine I'll sell it, but the idea of having a bunch of 3DS games already on the system is very appealing to me. Especially because I use a 32GB SD card.
backloggery.com/melatonin
soundcloud.com/z-plan
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Hypothetical question for whomever can answer

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived