Best eshop games?

#1poultrygeist1Posted 11/20/2012 9:49:51 PM
Officially got a 3DSXL. So can I get some recommendations for eshop games?

Also noob question, I know that they can be transfered to 3DS, but can DSi eshop games be bought from the 3DS's eshop? I totally skipped the DSi so if the 3DS can buy those games, could you include the best of those games in the recommendations too?

Finally, no virtual console games, I'm looking for original content.
#2Bigmac909Posted 11/20/2012 9:55:18 PM
3DS can buy DSiWare. Which is to say, yes, to your question.

As for games... uhhh... have you played Cave Story?
---
Eh, it's like 2 or 3 people who post a lot, making it look like more people hate the game than is actually true. -LordRattergun
#3poultrygeist1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 10:03:54 PM
Bigmac909 posted...
3DS can buy DSiWare. Which is to say, yes, to your question.

As for games... uhhh... have you played Cave Story?

yep, played cave story, but thanks. I guess I'll have to look into DSi ware's library now
#4thatmovingbushPosted 11/20/2012 10:19:30 PM
3DS:
Mutant Mudds
Pushmo
Crashmo (Nov. 22)
Denpamen
VVVVVV
Mighty Switch Force

DSi:
Dark Void: Zero
Shantae: Risky's Revenge
x-SCAPE
---
Only stupid people make generalizations. No exceptions.
FC: 0516-7339-8901
#5Bigmac909Posted 11/20/2012 10:31:35 PM
Quite frankly, it's quite weak IMO. I never liked Shantae, and I have never understood why it gets so much praise. I think it's very basic, or in other words, lacking innovation. As for Mutant Mudds, I didn't really give it a fair chance, after learning that it didn't have bosses. That was a major turn off for me.

Dark Void Zero (DSi) actually is pretty neat, but also short. Of course, that's to be expected for a game under $5. It has some replayability, and if you want a good (but short) action platformer, then I would recommend it. I really enjoyed it.

The other DSiWare game I really liked was Chronos Twins. It's the same basic genre as Dark Void Zero, but a good deal different. I just thought it was done really well. Be warned that it's pretty damn hard though (and I've played my share of hard games).

Pushmo I also didn't really like that much, despite being a devoted follower of developer Intelligent Systems. I got stuck and couldn't move on, and you can't skip any levels (AFAIK). And I hate looking stuff up. But I could just be stupid.

I know you said no VC, but I have to mention that my hours clocked into Mario's Picross have well made up for all the money I've wasted on some of the other trash. It's very addicting, if you like puzzle games (and possibly if you don't).

And that's my 2 cents. Sorry if I kind of brought down your enthusiasm with my negativity! My problem was that the reviews I read never gave me the cons (everyone rated Shantae 10/10, etc.)
---
Eh, it's like 2 or 3 people who post a lot, making it look like more people hate the game than is actually true. -LordRattergun
#6paladinzioPosted 11/20/2012 10:43:54 PM
Theres more good games. check the ones that are under $5 (its aneShop) option. Those games are good
---
XBL: NE0Cloak
PSN:Xephyer_Sword
#7Mega_RatPosted 11/20/2012 10:54:50 PM
NightSky and Cave Story if you if don't have the PC versions.
---
My wonderful girlfriend is a smexy Bunuppy! A cross breed of a bunny and a puppy .... WHAT?! O_O
http://i.imgur.com/nddzs.jpg <- My name in a game! :D