kid icarus uprising contorls

#1chex81Posted 11/21/2012 8:09:26 AM
Recently picked up a 3DS XL and yesterday got kid icarus uprising as it was one of the games i was looking forward to. So, the controls are somewhat awkward..using the stylus to aim is decent, but the ground levels and shifting views (swiping quickly to left/right) doesnt give the fluid gameplay i expected. Will this get easier to control over time? I tried the alternative controls (face buttons to move aim) but its just not the same. Any suggestions or feedback? Thanks.
---
gt/psn: chex81
#2stargazer64Posted 11/21/2012 8:19:33 AM
Turning the aiming and turning (globe-spinning) sensitivity up.

Cradle the bottom right corner of the system in your right palm.

You can turn auto-fire on if it hurts your left hand to constantly hit the L button to shoot.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#3WinsagePosted 11/21/2012 8:55:38 AM
You'll get better with practice. I'd take this games movement style over standard FPS style any day of the week.
#4chex81(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 9:10:38 AM
interesting, ok thanks guys. it is good that the levels are short so you dont strain your hands too much. Does star fox 64 control the same way? i really wanted to get that one too (never played it, loved star fox SNES)
---
#5Phantom_NookPosted 11/21/2012 9:10:50 AM
stargazer64 posted...
You can turn auto-fire on if it hurts your left hand to constantly hit the L button to shoot.

I thought autofire was the default option?
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#6Phantom_NookPosted 11/21/2012 9:21:38 AM
chex81 posted...
interesting, ok thanks guys. it is good that the levels are short so you dont strain your hands too much. Does star fox 64 control the same way? i really wanted to get that one too (never played it, loved star fox SNES)

If you have a Wii, just get Star Fox 64 from the Virtual Console. The 3DS version has nothing over the N64 version except better graphics and portability.
---
#7chex81(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 9:26:44 AM
Phantom_Nook posted...
chex81 posted...

If you have a Wii, just get Star Fox 64 from the Virtual Console. The 3DS version has nothing over the N64 version except better graphics and portability.

Honestly, i never use my Wii and would prefer it in a 3DS mainly because of the portability. I used my Wii for Metroid Prime Trilogy and Zelda:SS...thats it. So im to assume the control scheme is similar to this game?
---
#8Phantom_NookPosted 11/21/2012 9:34:55 AM
SF643D(wow that's a lot of letters) doesn't use the touch screen for controls. It's all buttons.
---
#9stargazer64Posted 11/21/2012 9:35:12 AM
chex81 posted...
Phantom_Nook posted...
chex81 posted...

Honestly, i never use my Wii and would prefer it in a 3DS mainly because of the portability. I used my Wii for Metroid Prime Trilogy and Zelda:SS...thats it. So im to assume the control scheme is similar to this game?

Star Fox feels a bit dated compared to KI: Uprising IMO. But it also isn't as hand-tiring since you hold the system firmly with two hands and control the ship and the aiming cursor with the circle pad (or gyro controls if you choose).
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#10MarsfordPosted 11/21/2012 9:35:19 AM
There's a s***load of customization for the controls. Play around with that and see how it goes. I didn't really get comfortable till Chapter 7 or so. Now it's second nature to me and I can't see the game played any other way.
---
Official Marsford of the NDF
People should really learn the difference between a troll and an idiot.