kid icarus uprising contorls

#11chex81(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 8:40:50 AM
Thanks for the replies!!!

Star Fox 3DS - Uses standardized contorls, EXCELLENT

Uprising will get more second hand - also great news. i did test the other control schemes and the default makes most sense even if it feels awkward at times.
---
gt/psn: chex81
#12emagdnEPosted 11/21/2012 10:38:45 AM
nope, Uprising's control scheme is horrible

trying to copy keyboard + mouse on a system ill-equiped to do so is a bad idea
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#13nonexistingheroPosted 11/21/2012 11:20:38 AM
chex81 posted...
interesting, ok thanks guys. it is good that the levels are short so you dont strain your hands too much. Does star fox 64 control the same way? i really wanted to get that one too (never played it, loved star fox SNES)

Levels are short? They're pretty f***ing long, I'd say. The first level is very short, but after that, nearly all of the ground level parts alone will take 15 minutes or more for the first time through. Some of them will take longer than 45 minutes.

Anyhow, the controls are mostly a matter of adjusting them to what feels right as far as aiming goes, then getting used to them. I can't imagine the game controlling better in any other way.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#14toadiemanPosted 11/21/2012 11:21:38 AM
crap controls ftw BABEHH!!
---
PSN: toadieman
#15MetalLokiPosted 11/21/2012 11:41:24 AM
toadieman posted...
crap controls ftw BABEHH!!

Opinion post ftw.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Official Cookies 'n Cream/Tsundere fan of the IDF/NDF
#16OtherSuperPhilPosted 11/21/2012 11:48:26 AM
Yeah, it definitely was awkward at first, but I did get used to it and enjoyed the game immensely.
---
Most stupidly overused words on GameFAQs: rehash, shovelware, troll, fanboy, gimmick, casual, hardcore
www.superphillipcentral.com
#17NnamzPosted 11/21/2012 4:04:10 PM
After putting in 20 hours in the campaign, and probably the same amount of time into the multiplayer, my hands still hurt despite getting used to the clumsy ground controls. There's a good chance you'll never get fully used to it TC. Either way, you bought it, so you have nothing to lose by trying to get used to them. Good luck.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 3780 - 9095 - 9402 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#18chex81(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 10:38:41 AM
i gotta say, after a few hours of this game on the XL...its not an enjoyable experience. its unfortunate because i do like the gameplay (the only annoying thing is the constant chatting). I learned my lesson and will never buy a game with this sort of controls ever again. Too bad, this was my second 3DS game and was looking forward to it since was first shown off.
---
gt/psn: chex81
#19Mega_RatPosted 11/27/2012 10:41:37 AM
chex81 posted...
i gotta say, after a few hours of this game on the XL...its not an enjoyable experience. its unfortunate because i do like the gameplay (the only annoying thing is the constant chatting). I learned my lesson and will never buy a game with this sort of controls ever again. Too bad, this was my second 3DS game and was looking forward to it since was first shown off.

What about the controls did you dislike? And the chatting is a draw of the game, but my cousin dislikes it also. He muted the chatter and just played the game for the action.
---
My wonderful girlfriend is a smexy Bunuppy! A cross breed of a bunny and a puppy .... WHAT?! O_O
http://i.imgur.com/nddzs.jpg <- My name in a game! :D
#20pbandjamesPosted 11/27/2012 10:54:17 AM
chex81 posted...

You can turn the chat off after you beat the game, and the controls take getting use to for some.

I never had to get used to them though. I just rested the system on my knees, and used the default controls. It worked great for me.
---
Game news is the best news. 3DS Friend Code: 4253-3676-2425 (James) PM me with yours if you add me