am i the only person who likes all the mario rpg series?

#21Kyoshiro12345Posted 11/22/2012 6:00:59 AM
only mario rpg is the turn based with multiple characters in it, other i wouldnt call rpgs, they are something but not rpgs.
---
Screenshot it or it didnt happen.
#22AnclationPosted 11/22/2012 6:40:26 AM
I do more or less like all the ones I've played (Sticker Star isn't out in Europe yet), though I certainly like certain games more than others. My favorites would be the Paper Mario games, then the Mario & Luigi ones, and finally Super Mario RPG in last place
#23Darkstorm16Posted 11/22/2012 7:40:08 AM
I never played a Paper Mario because often end up getting games my mom got done with...unfortunately she never bought a Paper Mario -_-;. Now I want to try it....but lack the money XD lol But I do enjoy Mario & Luigi and SMRPG
---
Current Systems: 3DS, DSlite, IPod Touch
If There is Evil in this world it lurks in the hearts of Man- Tales of Phantasia
#24gransPosted 11/22/2012 8:51:26 AM(edited)
I enjoy Superstar Saga, as well as the other two M&L games. The first is probably what i'd consider the "best" in terms of level design and all. But I will say two things against it- the timed hits in battle felt stiffer and more jerky than they should have (something that was fixed in the two sequels). Also the partner system in the field wasn't fully refined yet either, switching between Mario and Luigi could get tedious and managing their various moves was a bit annoying. Again these issues were essentially fixed in the sequels. But Superstar Saga I'd say still overall is my favorite in spite of its technical problems that should have been ironed out.

Also, while I realize the DS is more powerful than the GBA, I wasn't a huge fan of the background art style in Superstar Saga. Much improved in the sequels. Yes the DS was stronger and could support better graphics, but I don't think the sort of backgrounds in the sequels would have been undoable on the GBA either. It was a shift in artistry, one for the better IMO.

I don't find any of the three M&L games unplayable. They're all incredibly fun. Though I'll personally say I prefer Mario RPG, Paper Mario 1, and TTYD a bit more than that series.

I never played a Paper Mario because often end up getting games my mom got done with...unfortunately she never bought a Paper Mario -_-;. Now I want to try it....but lack the money XD lol But I do enjoy Mario & Luigi and SMRPG

I'm pretty sure it's on the Wii VC if you've got a Wii or even a Wii U. I don't know how much it costs to get a copy of the N64 game anymore. Well worth playing, including its sequel on Gamecube.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville