Which is better, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance or Zelda Ocarina of time 3D?

#21BatenKait0sPosted 11/21/2012 6:22:31 PM
Grunt40 posted...
BatenKait0s posted...
EBLTwick posted...
BatenKait0s posted...
Not sure why anyone would want DDD. It continues the series tradition of not breaking ground, ongoing mediocrity, and yet more unfulfilled promises from the developers.

It's the last KH game I will ever invest in.

Yeah, I think I made my decision. I'm gonna go with Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D.

I'm glad to hear it. I lost faith with the two DS games, yet managed to buy into the hype all over again for DDD. I was so disappointed

Thanks for helping, I would have made a terrible decision if I chose Kingdom Hearts. I appreciate the help.

You should reread my post. I never said it was a terrible decision.

No you wouldn't have. That's one guys opinion. A "terrible" decision is a little extreme. I would still say OoT over the two, but DDD isn't a bad game. I found it to be the 3rd best in the series (which is saying a lot).

---
Currently playing:
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning (3DS); Soma Bringer (DS)
#22BatenKait0sPosted 11/21/2012 6:27:41 PM
kewldude475 posted...
EBLTwick posted...
BatenKait0s posted...
EBLTwick posted...
BatenKait0s posted...
Not sure why anyone would want DDD. It continues the series tradition of not breaking ground, ongoing mediocrity, and yet more unfulfilled promises from the developers.

Yeah, I think I made my decision. I'm gonna go with Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D.

I'm glad to hear it. I lost faith with the two DS games, yet managed to buy into the hype all over again for DDD. I was so disappointed

Thanks for helping, I would have made a terrible decision if I chose Kingdom Hearts. I appreciate the help.

No, KH3D is widely considered by the fans to be one of the top 3 KH games. And in my opinion, it's one of the top 5 3DS games. You would not have a terrible decision at all.

But frankly, you need to learn how to think for yourself.

Disagree, but even if what you're saying is true, it still doesn't mean all that much. The first 2 games were incredible, that goes without saying. From what I've seen from fans, most hail Birth By Sleep as the 3rd best in the series but not without admiring the obvious flaws.

So in the end, the fight for 3rd place between BBS and DDD is really a grudgematch of a title that is far less superior than the original games, but slightly better than the other extremely mediocre entries.
---
Currently playing:
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning (3DS); Soma Bringer (DS)
#23king_reggie_28Posted 11/21/2012 6:29:37 PM
OoT, unless you played it on another system previously. KH:DDD is my first KH game, and it is fun, but I probably would have had more fun if I had played the others first.
---
"I am Butler. Everything I say sounds tough. Now get out of the lake, fairy." -Butler, Artemis Fowl and the last guardian
#24hoonstaPosted 11/21/2012 6:33:28 PM
Zelda, by far.
---
PC: C2D E8500 @ 4.2 ghz / OCZ 4 gb of RAM / EVGA GTS 450 1 gb
Laptop: i7 2670QM / 8 gb of RAM / Radeon HD 6990M 2 gb / Corsair Force 3 90 gb SSD
#25emagdnEPosted 11/21/2012 7:27:35 PM
OoT is one of the best games ever made

KH is a ****ty interactive movie

.....how is this even a question?
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#26GenoPosted 11/21/2012 7:35:51 PM
OoT if you haven't played it. This has been said already, but it needed saying again. DDD is a Deeply Disappointing Disappointment.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#27gransPosted 11/21/2012 8:14:36 PM(edited)
If anything it's KH1 and KH2 that have ridiculous glaring flaws. KH1 has the flaw of being on an extremely buggy and unrefined engine that should have been heavily tested before release. Both the camera and the collision system have aged the game horribly in light of virtually every single other game in the series (even the crappier ones). The buggy collision detection screws with both the combat and even the basic platforming elements (your attacks will physically clip through enemy models without damaging them and you'll somehow miss jumping on ledges that you clearly made it to).

KH2 on the other hand fixed these technical issues in the collision and camera system. Too bad the developers took 5 steps backwards by eliminating any sort of platforming or explanation, making worlds completely flat with almost nothing to do or find in them. Not to mention dumbing down the combat in such a manner that the only way I can get any sort of decent challenge out of the game is by playing the Japan-only Final Mix version with its added Critical mode...

Little by little the series has tried to consolidate its good ideas and leave behind the bad ones. BBS was a step in the right direction for the combat system at least, though it still shared KH2's linear and uninteresting world designs. DDD is probably the most refined the core gameplay has even been and it's the funnest to play in my humble opinion. It returns to its platforming roots and further smooths out BBS' superior combat system.

And the new elements to the series actually overall improved the experience. Flowmotion is basically reaction commands done right, giving you a sense of power and agility while still keeping control in your hands and not becoming a boring "mash triangle to win" situation like it was in KH2. Dream Eaters are not only simultaneously your battle partners and enemies, but also your road to learning new abilities and commands. I'm not a huge Pokemon fan but even I found it fun to create and raise them while unlocking new powers. Their designs are very cool and they're even much more intelligent battle partners and foes than previous KH enemies. Lastly the world design has been taken in a completely different direction, they're massive in size and much less linear than they have been since KH2.

The only thing that some people have complained about is the drop gauge. It never bothered me, there are plenty of ways to keep it full and dropping slowly so it doesn't get in the way. I actually liked how it kept you alternating between characters as opposed to the way BBS handled multiple character stories.

Explain how DDD didn't "fulfill developer promises". I've kept up with the game since it was first announced and I think it did live up to developer words. And also explain how it supposedly didn't break any ground when there are three huge changes to the formula- dream eaters, flowmotion, and the move away from being overly linear by making all the worlds about 20x as large as they were previously (literally not an overstatement at all, worlds are massive and have tons of treasure to find and places to go).
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#282wingedangelPosted 11/21/2012 7:57:52 PM
Even though its just a remake, gonna have to side with OoT
---
Lover of all things cute and pretty. <3
Black 2 FC: 4213-1800-0462
#29abbyhitterPosted 11/21/2012 10:09:26 PM
Kingdom Hearts 3D

You can get OoT on the Wii's VC for $10. Don't waste $40 on it. The improved graphics is good, but not ground-breaking and worth $30 extra.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#30_OdarpPosted 11/22/2012 12:45:53 AM
Zelda only if you have not played it before, if you have get KH.

OoT is a very good game, but its the most overrated game ever right next to FF VII
---
If I was Rick Astley I would randomly Rick Roll people in the street. Total ownage.
PSN: Pratypus