Which is better, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance or Zelda Ocarina of time 3D?

#31AAngelEyesPosted 11/21/2012 11:46:50 PM
OoT; it isn't as repetitive.
#32kewldude475Posted 11/21/2012 11:56:18 PM
BatenKait0s posted...
Disagree, but even if what you're saying is true, it still doesn't mean all that much. The first 2 games were incredible, that goes without saying. From what I've seen from fans, most hail Birth By Sleep as the 3rd best in the series but not without admiring the obvious flaws.

How does it not mean much when Kingdom Hearts is a highly acclaimed series. And for the record, the first two games are Kingdom hearts, and Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories. Also, most fans hail Birth by Sleep as the best KH game, not the third best. Though quite a few say it is just below KH2. Also, it is acclaimed as one of the best PSP games. This is especially obvious when people ask if they should get a PSP instead of a Vita because of this game.

So in the end, the fight for 3rd place between BBS and DDD is really a grudgematch of a title that is far less superior than the original games, but slightly better than the other extremely mediocre entries.

And here is where you are completely wrong. Or at least, in the minds of most KH fans (I can't objectively call your bad opinion wrong). DDD and BBS are both about equal to KH2. But they are shorter games, on a seemingly smaller scale. In terms of gameplay, they are both vastly superior to KH1, as KH1 is widely considered one of the weakest games in the series in terms of gameplay. Outdated clunky controls, a command system that could use room for improvement, and bad camera control. It also lacked a few other things like a map. I presume you don't know much about how the fanbase works, based on your posts. And to be honest, there are no bad KH games. The DS games could be considered mediocre by KH standards, but they were held back by the system they were developed for. Considering the system, they were good games. I could call KH1 a bad game because of when it was made, due to it's dated gameplay, but I know that kind of logic doesn't work.

Overall, you're wrong. KH3D and KH BBS are both quality games, and you'd be hard pressed to find KH fans who actually agree with your opinion.
---
PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam:kewldude475;
Vita is just a PSP with higher specs - Megaman Omega
#33Carbuncle009Posted 11/21/2012 11:56:28 PM
Don't you love it when a question turns into a giant KH Discussion/Rant?
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 3 No: 2 Maybe: 2
If all bronies are shipping freaks, then all KH fans are Yaoi Fans and all CoD fans are 12 year-olds.
#34EBLTwick(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 5:06:53 AM
Carbuncle009 posted...

Yeah, all I asked for was a simple answer then now it's like a huge argument. xD
#35masa8munePosted 11/22/2012 6:16:09 AM
_Odarp posted...
Zelda only if you have not played it before, if you have get KH.

OoT is a very good game, but its the most overrated game ever right next to FF VII

yet OOT is still one one my favorite games (top 3) and im currently playing FF7 and im LOVING it the music,battlesystem,partymembers, however it aged very badly the controlls and graphics ecpesially.

but considering they are VERY old i think it deserves the credits.
---
rumors about bleach getting cancelled,hope its just a rumor.
#36zinformantPosted 11/22/2012 6:17:46 AM
BatenKait0s posted...
EBLTwick posted...
BatenKait0s posted...
Not sure why anyone would want DDD. It continues the series tradition of not breaking ground, ongoing mediocrity, and yet more unfulfilled promises from the developers.

It's the last KH game I will ever invest in.

Yeah, I think I made my decision. I'm gonna go with Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D.

I'm glad to hear it. I lost faith with the two DS games, yet managed to buy into the hype all over again for DDD. I was so disappointed

How would you best suggest getting a summary?
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#37gransPosted 11/22/2012 8:37:42 AM(edited)
Carbuncle009 posted...

Yeah, all I asked for was a simple answer then now it's like a huge argument. xD

This turned into such a discussion not because a bunch of KH fanboys wanted to go on some sort of rant, but because BatenKait0s lied to you about why you shouldn't buy KH3D. I couldn't care less whether he likes the game or not, it's perfectly valid if someone played the game and legit didn't like it. And i'm not going to defend the DS games here either (or overlook the problems that the other games have). The problem remains that 2/3 of his argument against the game are complete lies. I presented a counter statement because I assumed that when you made this topic, you wanted people to be truthful about the games you are considering purchasing.

Two out of the three of his statements about why you shouldn't buy KH3D are blatant lies. The third statement about the game being mediocre is his opinion, opinions are fair (provided you've played the game of course). I've kept track of the development of the game since it was just a tech demo at E3 for the 3DS and have played and beaten it personally, and I'm completely failing to find where developers made promises that weren't fulfilled as he says. His statement about KH3D not breaking any ground is also completely untrue, there are no less than 4 MAJOR core changes to the gameplay I explained in depth before- flowmotion, dream eaters, massively overhauled and expanded world design, and the drop meter. Whether you like these elements or not, they're all massive ground breaking changes to the KH series. Not to mention it's a new story with either new or completely redesigned worlds. It makes huge changes to the gameplay, regardless of whether someone likes the changes or not (I personally did).

I've no problem with people expressing their opinion on a matter, others who know me well on these forums would probably tell you that i'm very fair in accepting differing opinions. But that fairness ends at people spreading blatant lies around. If you don't care that someone was lying to you about a game, then that's your decision and you can just ignore people that are trying to help you. I don't know if you'd actually enjoy KH3D if you bought it. But I was under the impression that when you made this topic you wanted opinions, but you probably didn't want people to lie to you.

I can't tell you which game to get because to me they're both must have 3DS games. The only problems I ever faced in KH3D were some camera problems when facing airborne enemies and framerate problems when things got really busy onscreen. Both are problems but neither stopped me from enjoying the game. I have both games and love them both.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#38MarsfordPosted 11/22/2012 9:41:03 AM
Depends. I love RPGs, and KHDDD is fantastic, so I say that.

OoT is amazing though.
---
Official Marsford of the NDF
People should really learn the difference between a troll and an idiot.
#39_OdarpPosted 11/22/2012 7:30:38 PM
masa8mune posted...
_Odarp posted...
Zelda only if you have not played it before, if you have get KH.

OoT is a very good game, but its the most overrated game ever right next to FF VII

yet OOT is still one one my favorite games (top 3) and im currently playing FF7 and im LOVING it the music,battlesystem,partymembers, however it aged very badly the controlls and graphics ecpesially.

but considering they are VERY old i think it deserves the credits.

They both are very good, but yeah time is a *****, I don't think any of them aged well and they both suffer from one big problem: nostalgia, both were the first 3D installment of their series and both were the first game of the series for a lot of people.

FFV and a link to the past are my favorites, sprites never age, and the mechanics are awesome.

But yeah, enjoy FFVII :D i think it has some of the best music of the series, then get theathrythm XD man... That game is awesome.
---
If I was Rick Astley I would randomly Rick Roll people in the street. Total ownage.
PSN: Pratypus