Why isn't Nintendo releasing anymore "3D Classics" on the Eshop???

#11n00bsaib0tPosted 11/22/2012 7:40:48 AM
kids these days...

mario bros. awful?

How much time did you clock in on Mario Bros. when you played the SMA series? Surely if Mario Bros. is so great you played it just as much as Super Mario World when you got them on one cartridge.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#12DarkIVloonPosted 11/22/2012 8:01:30 AM
the real question is how many hours have i clocked on a real Mario Bros arcade machine.....

Super Mario World i beat once and never played it again since 1991...

cartridges lol.
---
Gotta get em' all, shmupmon!
#13VampireRoninPosted 11/22/2012 8:08:25 AM
Just give it time. I bet that there will be full releases on cartridge for collections of classic games in 3D. Remember those collections on DS? Many of them sold quite well or there wouldn't be so many, and I'm sure 3D versions would sell just as well. Be patient and don't speculate without knowing the facts.
---
"Time to fry, yeah, FRY BABY!!!"
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k261/memjr/purge.jpg
#14DarkIVloonPosted 11/22/2012 8:09:44 AM
i'm really looking forward to a Namco Museum 3D
---
Gotta get em' all, shmupmon!
#15n00bsaib0tPosted 11/22/2012 8:13:32 AM
the real question is how many hours have i clocked on a real Mario Bros arcade machine.....

Thats a completely different scenario. We are talking about now, not then. The game aged badly. It would need more revamping than 3D visuals to sell well with the other games available today.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#16nonexistingheroPosted 11/22/2012 8:30:58 AM
Bass_X0 posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
Your argument has no strength, since Super Mario World 3D Classic would reel in more profit than any Eshop game released so far. They could sell it for $10 and people would still buy. I'd gladly pay that amount for it (and would be willing to pay even more). The same goes for quite a few other of their classic games. You honestly can't seriously think 3D classics of games such as SMW, DKC, LttP, etc... would not reel in a big amount of profit. And damn, I would kill for Mega Man X 3D classic.

3D Classics Excitebike cost $6.

In comparison, 3D Classics Super Mario World would cost $30 due to how much more content there is.

Would you be willing to pay $30 for Super Mario World with the same graphics only with a 3D effect added?

Excitebike was free at first. And we all know that the current 3D classics are grossly overpriced. If they can turn a profit on Eshop games like Mighty Switch Force and Pushmo for the prices they go for, then they can easily make a profit on 3D classic versions of the aforementioned titles.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#17PlanetvideogamePosted 11/22/2012 8:41:55 AM
Link to the Past 3DS Classic, just to satisfy who want a remake of that over Majora's Mask.
---
#18FuzzyJelloPosted 11/22/2012 8:52:23 AM
Last I checked it was literally "We didn't know how hard they were to make", and thus Nintendo pretended they never promised them.

And yeah people, stop assuming that Nintendo has final say over third party games- the Virtual Console shot that assumption in the feet (For those who don't understand IP ownership, anyway).
#19Mega_RatPosted 11/22/2012 10:24:16 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...

Thats a completely different scenario. We are talking about now, not then. The game aged badly. It would need more revamping than 3D visuals to sell well with the other games available today.

Nope, game plays fine, age hasn't done crap to it if I can still pick it up and go "THIS IS FUN".
---
My wonderful girlfriend is a smexy Bunuppy! A cross breed of a bunny and a puppy .... WHAT?! O_O
http://i.imgur.com/nddzs.jpg <- My name in a game! :D
#20Argh4430Posted 11/22/2012 10:48:38 AM
I played the Mario Bros. game on my SMA games a lot. It has the arcade-feel, which keeps me playing it long after I would have lost interest. I would buy a 3D version of the game.