Thanks.
---
Steam: ManQso
XBL: Mancuso PSN: ManQso
#2marioparty17Posted 11/22/2012 4:47:48 PM
the one that doesnt suck
---
3DS FC 2535-3692-1887 PSN : MARIOPARTY17
He covered from head to toe in weaponary, like a rainbow apocalypses - Viridi Goddess of Nature from KI:U
#3pbandjamesPosted 11/22/2012 4:49:19 PM
Sticker Star, it's just a much better game hands down.

NSMB2 is fun, but it's very simple fun, while Paper Mario has more interesting gameplay and design to it.
---
Game news is the best news. 3DS Friend Code: 4253-3676-2425 (James) PM me with yours if you add me
#4SMASHKING84Posted 11/22/2012 4:51:11 PM
marioparty17 posted...
the one that doesnt suck

one could argue they both suck.
of the two games nsmb2 sucks a little less
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
unless i state otherwise everything i say is MY opinion.
#5InfectedVader(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 4:54:43 PM
Well I pulled a "Why not have both?" at the last second.

Thanks anyway :)
---
Steam: ManQso
XBL: Mancuso PSN: ManQso
#6Mariofan15Posted 11/22/2012 4:55:17 PM
marioparty17 posted...
the one that doesnt suck

Lol,no. Sticker Star actually has new things,NSMB2 does not.
---
0476-5632-3140:Pokemon White 2
#7pbandjamesPosted 11/22/2012 4:57:14 PM
InfectedVader posted...
Well I pulled a "Why not have both?" at the last second.

Thanks anyway :)

Cool, good decision. You might want to close this topic before the less-nice posters come in here and argue for 4 pages about which game is better.
---
Game news is the best news. 3DS Friend Code: 4253-3676-2425 (James) PM me with yours if you add me
#8SMASHKING84Posted 11/22/2012 5:11:53 PM
Mariofan15 posted...
marioparty17 posted...
the one that doesnt suck

because “new” is automatically good? nope. a change for the worse is much more stupid then a game that's too "samey”

lets not forget that if we NEVER got samey games we would never have got smb3.

which btw PROVED it was possible to make a sequel that's fresh and unique without completely abandoning the core gameplay.

you can defend pmss all you want but your just telling developers you'd rather have games like metriod other m then games like smb3 because to you newness is all that matters regardless of how much the quality suffers.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
unless i state otherwise everything i say is MY opinion.
#9VyersPosted 11/22/2012 5:20:59 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
Mariofan15 posted...
marioparty17 posted...
the one that doesnt suck

because “new” is automatically good? nope. a change for the worse is much more stupid then a game that's too "samey”

which btw PROVED it was possible to make a sequel that's fresh and unique without completely abandoning the core gameplay.

you can defend pmss all you want but your just telling developers you'd rather have games like metriod other m then games like smb3 because to you newness is all that matters regardless of how much the quality suffers.

Samey?!

SMB3 introduced multiple things that arguably changed the Mario franchise as much as Super Mario 64 did. It introduced flight, which allowed Mario to go to places in levels that were normally impossible to reach. It introduced slopes, which introduces a new way for Mario to gain momentum and a new attack as a result. It introduced nonlinearity, allowing players to play some levels but not others. It introduced a world map, creating an element of exploration never found in Mario games before. It added the ability to hold shells, introducing a new way to combat enemies and access areas.

Samey means "simply copying a good game", typically a game in your own series, which New SMB2 does very often. SMB3 did more new things than Metroid: Other M did.
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
Blog: http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=6123776 / YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear
#10Mariofan15Posted 11/22/2012 5:28:18 PM
Mariofan15 posted...
marioparty17 posted...
the one that doesnt suck

At least the game did something different. What did NSMB 2 do? Oh,right. Nothing.
---
0476-5632-3140:Pokemon White 2