Is it worth buying the 3DS?

#1theofficefan99Posted 11/22/2012 5:45:21 PM
My main reasons for buying the 3DS are because I want to play Chrono Trigger and I want my first experience with it (well, I played it once before, but on an emulator in my cousin's house for about an hour) to be with the best version (so I can play Chrono Cross right afterwards), and because of Paper Mario. These are the games I'm interested for the DS and PSP:

-Chrono Trigger
-Radiant Historia
-Dragon Quest IV
-Dragon Quest V
-Dragon Quest VI
-Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
-Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes in Time
-Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
-Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
-Final Fantasy Tactics A2
-Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume
-Dragon Quest IX
-Suikoden Tierkreis
-The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

and for the 3DS...
-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
-Paper Mario: Sticker Star
-Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
-Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy
-Super Mario 3D Land
-Kid Icarus: Uprising
-New Super Mario Bros. 2 (well... not really. It's too lazy for me to be truly interested in it)

And that's about all I'm interested in, in terms of the 3DS.

As you can see, I'm a big RPG nut. These are games that just look interesting to me, but I don't really know if any of them are truly fantastic. Plus, I don't know of any great RPG's coming out for the 3DS aside from Bravely Default and Shin Megami Tensei IV.

If this is worth it, can anyone tell me the 4-5 games that I should start out with?

I'll probably have $300-$400 to spend for Christmas, and I want to make sure I make good choices because I haven't bought a single game since January. So, basically, it's the 3DS with some 3DS and DS games along with a few older games, or use the $300-400 for a bunch of older games.

So, what should I do?

Thanks, guys!
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#2theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 7:03:38 PM
bump!
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#3MetalLokiPosted 11/22/2012 7:09:50 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
bump!

To me it's worth it for SMTIV alone.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Official Cookies 'n Cream/Tsundere fan of the IDF/NDF
#4NathanisDrakePosted 11/22/2012 7:17:16 PM
I'm too lazy to list all the great 3ds games for you, sorry. But I'll just cut short and say; yes.
---
Fanboys, especially SONY fanboys, are what's wrong with gaming. Not changing my sig till someone proves me wrong.
#521_21Posted 11/22/2012 7:18:31 PM
Hmmm, you listed so many games you'd want for it and you're STILL questioning about whether or not you want it?
---
Currently playing:
Cave Story, Super Robot Taisen OG Endless Saga, and Pokemon White 2
#6moogle69Posted 11/22/2012 7:30:57 PM(edited)
21_21 posted...
Hmmm, you listed so many games you'd want for it and you're STILL questioning about whether or not you want it?

im with you on this, wth?

try to get into the shin megami tensei games as well TC, they are great on the DS, 3DS is getting 2 new ones. get radiant historia and the worlds end with you as well, they won't disappoint, golden sun dark dawn as well.

3DS is also getting dragon quest VII and fire emblem: awakening. did i mention tales of the abyss is also great.
---
3DS FC 5370 - 0690 - 8871
PSN coming soon
#7MetalLokiPosted 11/22/2012 7:28:29 PM
moogle69 posted...
21_21 posted...

im with you on this, wth?

try to get into the shin megami tensei games as well TC, they are great on the DS, 3DS is getting 2 new ones.

DS
Shin Megami Tensei:Strange Journey
Devil Survivor 2

3DS
Devil Survivor:Overclocked
Devil Summoner:Soul Hackers
Shin Megami Tensei:IV

That like 600 hours if your llke me and always batte the ultimate boss and get 100% in the
compendium(book).
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Official Cookies 'n Cream/Tsundere fan of the IDF/NDF
#8FeiBenaresPosted 11/22/2012 7:30:49 PM
Yes, you should get any bundle in any store near your home on Black Friday.
---
The Battle Dragon And New York City Pokemon Master
Currently playing: Tales of Phantasia (GBA), Animal Crossing (DS)
#9HalecticPosted 11/22/2012 7:41:50 PM
Etrian Odyssey 4 is coming out Feb 26 2013 in NA, so that is another thing to look for
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#10NathanisDrakePosted 11/22/2012 8:02:03 PM
Halectic posted...
Etrian Odyssey 4 is coming out Feb 26 2013 in NA, so that is another thing to look for

And Monster Hunter 3U too.
---
Fanboys, especially SONY fanboys, are what's wrong with gaming. Not changing my sig till someone proves me wrong.