Zelda 2 on 3DS has no save states?

#11T_Tangg(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 1:28:32 AM
Every vc download comes with save states. If I didn't want it I would just play my nes cartridge.

It's 2012. If you don't care about it then good for you. I for on do care because I like to save anywhere I choose. No point to complain about someone complaining about it.
#12n00bsaib0tPosted 11/23/2012 1:46:44 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Yeah, how dare people complain that a game doesn't come with everything advertised. Next thing you know people will be complaining when they pay for one game and a completely different one downloads.

Cool, where was Zelda II advertised with save states? And it still doesn't change the fact that you're complaining about a game not coming with save states, a feature to make the game easier (to the point of breaking it). Your analogy was hilariously bad.

Its a virtual console game, its supposed to come with all the standard virtual console features. It isn't advertised anywhere that Ryu can cancel c.mk into Hadouken in SSF4, you would still be pissed if your copy didn't do it but everyone else's did.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#1390sRetroGamingPosted 11/23/2012 2:50:29 AM(edited)
n00bsaib0t posted...
It seems to be hit and miss. This is the first case I've seen of a non-ambassador getting this issue though. I'm sure Nintendo will roll out a fix for this.

Same thing happened with DK Jr. earlier this year. non-Amabassadors bought and downloaded the game when it was finally released outside of the program and didn't get the game with the full update.

At purchase they got exactly what us Ambassadors got last year.. an incomplete release. Nintendo updated it for everyone a few days later though after enough people brought it to their attention.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#14Chubes12Posted 11/23/2012 2:57:45 AM
I find it hard to believe that this game somehow slipped through the screening process entirely. It makes me wonder if there is any screening process at all.
---
If you don't play Last Window I'm very disappointed in you!
#15parKb5Posted 11/23/2012 3:46:01 AM
Starwars4J posted...
I really can't believe people are complaining about no save states. Next thing you know people will be complaining when there's no permanent invincibility option...

See it's people like this that let Nintendo get away with this incomplete garbage. Every other NES VC games comes with the NES/TV icon and save states. They pretty much released the free Ambassador version of the game for $5.00 and didn't update it like they did with every other game.

NoJ released the complete updated game, why couldn't NoA?
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#16Moorish_IdolPosted 11/23/2012 4:22:47 AM
Considering I play my DS randomly (on the bus, train, etc.) for short spurts of time, a save state feature is very useful.

If this was console, I'd be against it (because it takes away from the experience IMO) but handhelds are a different breed.
---
Ezekiel 23:20
#17nonexistingheroPosted 11/23/2012 9:02:23 AM
Even without the save states you still had temporary save states though. You couldn't just reload at will, but the game would continue where you left off. Just quit the game and it's auto-saved. Then continue and the auto-save is erased and you'll be where you left off.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.