So, is the Adventure Time game good/worth the money? No trolling, please.

#1legionofpancakePosted 11/23/2012 7:50:13 AM
I'd like to know and every other topic based around this game ends up being nothing but trolls and butthurt. I heard the game is pretty short, but is it really only five hours? Is it fun? Etc, etc. Things that are relative to the game. No discussion about the show at all.
---
Well, Courtney Gears didn't seem to mind.
88 Fingers Louie were a hardcore punk band. 88 Fingers Eddward was a nickname on Ed Edd'nEddy. Pretty cool reference.
#221_21Posted 11/23/2012 8:44:28 AM
I haven't finished the game yet but it is indeed fun. My only complaint about the game so far is that it's a little on the easy side but other than that it's a well-made game.
---
Currently playing:
999, Super Robot Taisen OG Endless Saga, and Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage!?
#3legionofpancake(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 9:17:25 AM
I see. I've heard that the music is also pretty amazing. I was planning on picking up the Special Edition today, but wanted to make sure it was worth it. If it's fun enough to be replayable a few times over, then I don't think the short length of the game would be that much of a problem. My girlfriend also wanted to play the game, so she'll probably end up playing it more than myself, anyway.
---
Well, Courtney Gears didn't seem to mind.
88 Fingers Louie were a hardcore punk band. 88 Fingers Eddward was a nickname on Ed Edd'nEddy. Pretty cool reference.
#4SkittyOnWailordPosted 11/23/2012 9:21:47 AM(edited)
I would answer you TC, but I can't play it because it's region locked. ;_;
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
#5Buttery_ToastPosted 11/23/2012 9:36:32 AM
Short, easy, but fun. Wait for it to drop in price.
---
My body is always Reggie.
Currently playing: nothing. :(
#6r_m_8_8Posted 11/23/2012 10:00:02 AM
One half of the "amazing looking games that apparently failed to deliver and are incredibly short", along with Power of Illusion :/

Maybe I'll buy them both when they're cheaper.
---
Now playing: Paper Mario: SS, Code of Princess (3DS), THE Arashi no Drift Rally (DS).
| 3DS | PS3 | PC | Wii |
#7KGTriggerPosted 11/23/2012 11:02:33 AM
It's fun but ~5 hours for your first playthrough. I haven't started New Game+ yet, nor have I found everything.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089; Steam: Joben
#8Ergot_CholeraPosted 11/23/2012 11:07:58 AM
SkittyOnWailord posted...
I would answer you TC, but I can't play it because it's region locked. ;_;

You could get the DS version.
#921_21Posted 11/23/2012 11:22:42 AM
legionofpancake posted...
I see. I've heard that the music is also pretty amazing. I was planning on picking up the Special Edition today, but wanted to make sure it was worth it. If it's fun enough to be replayable a few times over, then I don't think the short length of the game would be that much of a problem. My girlfriend also wanted to play the game, so she'll probably end up playing it more than myself, anyway.

Well, I have the special edition, too. If you're thinking about getting the special edition and still want to try the game, check out what is included in the preorder bonus and if you find it attractive, get it before it's too late.

Here is what is included in the preorder bonus:

Stylus replica of Finn's sword
Poster of a map of Land of Ooo
The art booklet
Custom steel cover of Enchiridion packing all these stuffs including the game

Otherwise, if you are just content with getting just the game and nothing more, then wait for the price to drop as others have mentioned.
---
Currently playing:
999, Super Robot Taisen OG Endless Saga, and Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage!?
#10GenoPosted 11/23/2012 11:28:52 AM
It's a good game. It's just not a great game, which it could have been with greater story length and being fully voiced. I admire what they did with the game, and it's fun the whole way through and not particularly challenging or difficult, but there's a lot of missed opportunities with the game that could have pushed it completely over the hurdle of mediocrity. As it stands, it's managed to overcome typical licensed game mediocrity, but there's a lot of questionable decisions they made with the game.

tl;dr: Get it if you're a fan of the show, but go in with low expectations.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853