which 3ds should i get and what games?

#1creativemePosted 11/24/2012 5:23:02 PM
i wanted to wait for a remodel but is there still no word on that? is the 2nd joystick needed or is it still just a handful of games that you can use it for but most aren't really needed?

is the XL worth it? my only concern would be if it was too big. haven't got my hands on one yet to see how it feels.

then just need some game recommendations besides for the normal zelda/mario/paper mario
---
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7176/dancedancedamn.gif
#2EvonfirePosted 11/25/2012 11:23:52 AM
Well I'm in the same boat as you tc. I've been waiting patiently to see a new version/bundle of the 3ds XL but like you said mum is still the word. In the past I have got my hands on the 3ds XL and I would definitly recommend you buy the XL over the original for the bigger screens alone. The only downside to the XL is that I couldn't fit it in my pockets when I tried to so keep that in mind that the original 3ds is much more portable. But I don't care, I'll make that d*mn XL fit!! Hopefully Big N will announce a black or green XL soon. If theres still no word I'm just gonna say eff it and buy a red XL.
---
I'm a 10+ year GameFaqs lurker.
#3aura3848Posted 11/25/2012 11:37:40 AM
Go to your local game store and they will probably have an XL there with NSMB2. Try that out, see if it is alright.

Anyway, here some games you might like:

Kid Icarus: Uprising (If you are left-handed, DEFINITELY get a 2nd circle pad, otherwise it is unplayable)
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
Resident Evil Revelations
Code of Princess
Kingdom Hearts 3D
NSMB2 if you liked it

Hope this helps.
---
Steam ID: Zombehfication
Gamertag: oDarkvFox
#4andodelPosted 11/25/2012 1:21:40 PM
Man, people are still waiting for a dual analog remodel? Trust me, it's not happening, Only a handful of games use it. Only compatible one I have is RE:R, and it plays great with gyroscope.
I have had a reg 3DS for about a year now and I've been very happy with it. Haven't used an XL, so can't compare them.
Game Wise, I'd say RE:R if you like Survival horror/action, Ghost Recon if you like strategy, Heros of Ruin if you like Dungeon Crawlers/RPGs.
---
3DS FC= 0774-4348-2965 PM me with your FC if you want to be friends.