Monster Hunter 3U WiiU vs 3DS

#121_21Posted 11/24/2012 6:24:08 PM
Serious question. Is there any point in getting the WiiU version over the 3DS one? As you already know, $20 difference is a big deal, and I'm not sure what the differences even are between the two versions.

Out of curiosity, those of you who are planning on getting the game, are you getting it for WiiU or 3DS, and why?
---
Currently playing:
999, Super Robot Taisen OG Endless Saga, and Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage!?
#2Chenmaster2Posted 11/24/2012 6:27:52 PM
Wii U has online and HD graphics.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 2451-4503-4086
Monkey Hug! XP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu9-I3AMu0g
#321_21(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 6:33:51 PM(edited)
Chenmaster2 posted...
Wii U has online and HD graphics.

You mean the 3DS version doesn't have online? Ah that sucks, but I'm not a big multiplayer kind of guy anyway.

And HD graphics for WiiU is expected as it's for the WiiU, after all.

But if there's no more differences than the one mentioned then I guess it doesn't hurt to buy the 3DS version, after all...
---
Currently playing:
999, Super Robot Taisen OG Endless Saga, and Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage!?
#4brainfreeze10Posted 11/24/2012 7:52:24 PM
Well there's also controls, for most people an actual console controller would obviously feel much better, but if that doesn't bother you then by all means for the 3DS version, it'll be just as fun.
---
Work is for people who don't know how to fish!
3DS Friend Code: 1289-8728-7299
#5NathanisDrakePosted 11/24/2012 7:54:55 PM
MH never works on consoles IMO. I don't know if it's just me, but playing MH on a portable just feels... better.
---
[=[3DS]=]
[o+[___].::] > Sex
#621_21(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 7:57:43 PM
brainfreeze10 posted...
Well there's also controls, for most people an actual console controller would obviously feel much better, but if that doesn't bother you then by all means for the 3DS version, it'll be just as fun.

Well the layout of the controls still look the same. The analog pad is above the d-pad just like the ones on the 3DS so there isn't much difference with the controller, but I can see where you're coming from.

Yeah, I really don't see the point in paying extra when the handheld version is indeed more fun.
---
Currently playing:
#7noodlesnjebPosted 11/24/2012 8:05:16 PM
I don't mean to disparage the 3ds ver., but isn't multiplayer a pretty big factor in MH? I guess its fine if you're lucky enough to have a friend who also has a 3DS and the game, but not so very likely.
#8NathanisDrakePosted 11/24/2012 8:12:25 PM
noodlesnjeb posted...
isn't multiplayer a pretty big factor in MH?

No. The PsP version(s) didn't have online too, but those games were still completely playable.
---
[=[3DS]=]
#9noodlesnjebPosted 11/24/2012 8:30:12 PM
NathanisDrake posted...
noodlesnjeb posted...

No. The PsP version(s) didn't have online too, but those games were still completely playable.

I'm pretty sure you could play on adhoc party. I'm just saying that I think that multiplayer is a very big factor in the game. I have no doubt that its playable.....just not nearly as fun.
#10NathanisDrakePosted 11/24/2012 8:33:52 PM
noodlesnjeb posted...
NathanisDrake posted...
noodlesnjeb posted...

I'm pretty sure you could play on adhoc party. I'm just saying that I think that multiplayer is a very big factor in the game. I have no doubt that its playable.....just not nearly as fun.

Not as fun, sure. But "nearly" is just overstating it
---
[=[3DS]=]