Monster Hunter 3U WiiU vs 3DS

#1121_21(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 8:36:18 PM
I haven't officially started playing Monster Hunter yet, but from the description, you just simply look for monster to kill in order to get parts that help you make new weapons. Am I right? And you use the new weapons crafted to hunt for stronger monsters or just for fun.

I think based on this description you can be perfectly content playing by yourself, no? I don't know how having multiplayer can make it better. Maybe you can trade parts?
---
Currently playing:
999, Super Robot Taisen OG Endless Saga, and Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage!?
#12noodlesnjebPosted 11/24/2012 8:49:29 PM(edited)
I haven't played MH yet either, but I've been very interested in playing for a while. I'm on the fence about getting a Wii U or 3DS to be able to play. I do think that multiplayer is one of the most attractive aspects of the game though, as it reminds me a lot of Phantasy Star Online. My most fond memories of PSO were playing with 3 other friends, looking for red boxes and chatting as we killed the same monsters over and over. I know these are two different games, but I remember that PSO without offline was very dull.....but with friends, it was fantastic.

Also, do any of you have the slightest idea of when MH4 will come out on the 3DS?
#13NathanisDrakePosted 11/24/2012 8:47:02 PM
21_21 posted...
.I think based on this description you can be perfectly content playing by yourself, no? I don't know how having multiplayer can make it better. Maybe you can trade parts?

It just makes the quest easier, that's all. I'm not really a fan of the MP in MH tbh, and seeing how MH4 will have online doesn't make me any more excited for it.

I haven't officially started playing Monster Hunter yet, but from the description, you just simply look for monster to kill in order to get parts that help you make new weapons. Am I right? And you use the new weapons crafted to hunt for stronger monsters or just for fun

Yeah, it does sound simple on paper. But once you start playing it, you can't get enough of it. xD

The amount of depth and customization in the game is amazing.
---
[=[3DS]=]
[o+[___].::] > Sex
#14KeleenRemPosted 11/24/2012 8:59:02 PM
21_21 posted...
I haven't officially started playing Monster Hunter yet, but from the description, you just simply look for monster to kill in order to get parts that help you make new weapons. Am I right? And you use the new weapons crafted to hunt for stronger monsters or just for fun.

I think based on this description you can be perfectly content playing by yourself, no? I don't know how having multiplayer can make it better. Maybe you can trade parts?

You need to take into account that we suck. Monster Hunter can get pretty difficult so working with others minimizes our chance to fail the mission.
#15HalecticPosted 11/24/2012 10:41:57 PM
Many prefer to go solo in multiplayer battles in order to test just how good they are, so many never bother with online that much

That being said, the main goal is kill big bad monster to make your gear, which will be needed to kill a stronger monster which will make your new gear, that will be required to kill a even stronger monster to get new gear.

You dont need multiplayer to enjoy MH, and the 3DS is only local wireless if you want to play with other people, BUT a 3DS can also play with a WiiU version using local wireless
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#16ssbmrocksPosted 11/24/2012 11:26:24 PM
IMO, multiplayer is a huge part of Monster Hunter, but single player is easily as enthralling. That and I just like playing it multiplayer. So if you aren't big on it, then I say the 3DS version is probably better. The only reason I'm choosing the Wii U version is for the online (and it is a personal preference of mine to get the console version of a game over the handheld).
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.
#1721_21(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 12:14:46 PM
The answer is probably a no, but suppose you were to get it for Wii U, can you use the Wiimote by any chance?
---
Currently playing:
999, Super Robot Taisen OG Endless Saga, and Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage!?
#18De_Blob_XPosted 11/25/2012 12:18:22 PM
Okay this is my opinion:

3DS version is better.

I do like online but Monster Hunter 3 Wii online community was... bad.
I like local multiplayer and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (and mhp3rd) are great.

I really like playing monster hunter on portable consoles and thats why im going to get MH3U on 3ds (and later MH4)

I realised that online gaming is good only when you play with your friends.
---
Consoles I own: | PS1 | PS2 | PSP | PS3 | Wii | 3DS |
3DS FC: 2148-9559-6439 MadHouse
#19JackalfoxPosted 11/25/2012 12:51:09 PM
Online multiplayer, enhanced visuals, and more comfortable controls are the biggest differences / additions. If you have a Corcle Pad Pro, then that last bit is at least possible for you on 3DS.
---
Now Playing - Assassin's Creed (360), Call of Duty: Black Ops II (360), Dead Space (iOS), Mass Effect: Infiltrator (iOS)
#20JurassicBondPosted 11/25/2012 1:17:16 PM
I'm getting the 3DS version because I probably won't be getting a Wii U for another year or so.
---
Reading: Shame- Salman Rushdie
http://i.imgur.com/AUbFA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg