Monster Hunter 3U WiiU vs 3DS

#21LunarRoarPosted 11/25/2012 12:34:45 PM
Why not both? It'd be great if Capcom bundled the games together a la Sony's Cross Buy initiative.
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=lunarroar
Official Grand Master Assassin of New York (Assassin's Creed 3 board)
#2221_21(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 1:03:46 PM
LunarRoar posted...
Why not both? It'd be great if Capcom bundled the games together a la Sony's Cross Buy initiative.

I don't wanna spend 100 bucks just for one game. Although that does sound like a neat idea, where if you buy one, you get the other version for free.

But if that were the case, people would be getting the 3DS version instead >_>
---
Currently playing:
999, Super Robot Taisen OG Endless Saga, and Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage!?
#23Plasma EXEPosted 11/25/2012 1:22:25 PM(edited)
Really depends on what the differences are between both games. Having only played Tri, I'm probably going to get the Wii-U version as I've spent most of my time playing online multiplayer than single player. Admittedly, online has the same faults as other games with a bad online community (Not the most unbearable though) unless you're playing with friends

The way I see it, I'm going to assume online (WII-U) will have equipment that you couldn't get offline.
---
The official Shiki-Ouji of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
3DS FC - 2750-1413-5336
#24HalecticPosted 11/25/2012 1:50:23 PM
You dont need circle pad pro for MH, and it actually might hinder your gameplay

So if you want to play MH on the go, and play with other people who have MH in thier pocket, get the 3DS version
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#25LunarRoarPosted 11/25/2012 1:57:05 PM
21_21 posted...
LunarRoar posted...

I don't wanna spend 100 bucks just for one game. Although that does sound like a neat idea, where if you buy one, you get the other version for free.

But if that were the case, people would be getting the 3DS version instead >_>

Not necessarily. The way it works with Sony games, you have to buy the PS3 version and that comes with a free Vita download of the game (and the game is still the standard $60).

Capcom could technically do the same thing if they wanted to. They could include a free download of MH3U for the 3DS with the Wii U version. Then again, it's not like Konami did it with the MGS or ZoE HD Collections, so I wouldn't hold my breath on Capcom of all companies to do it.
---
#2621_21(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 2:00:13 PM
LunarRoar posted...
Not necessarily. The way it works with Sony games, you have to buy the PS3 version and that comes with a free Vita download of the game (and the game is still the standard $60).

Capcom could technically do the same thing if they wanted to. They could include a free download of MH3U for the 3DS with the Wii U version. Then again, it's not like Konami did it with the MGS or ZoE HD Collections, so I wouldn't hold my breath on Capcom of all companies to do it.

Oh yeah that's actually true. It makes a lot more sense if the deal was one-sided, where you had to buy the WiiU version to get the 3DS one free and not vice versa. Actually, if that were the case, I might buy the WiiU version instead ^_^

But wait, this deal with the PS 3/Vita, does it last indefinitely? Or is it only temporarily? Like, suppose the game got cheaper over time, can I still get the Vita version for free?
---
Currently playing:
999, Super Robot Taisen OG Endless Saga, and Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage!?
#27LunarRoarPosted 11/25/2012 2:08:29 PM
That remains to be seen. The initiative is brand new so we don't know what'll happen when the games that offer this start to lower in price.
---
#28SaintZetsuPosted 11/25/2012 2:16:36 PM
Get the Wii U version. Multiplayer is great and can help making those grinds (there will be a lot) easier.
---
"When your wallet is ashes, then you will have my permission to die."-Tetsuya Nomura