3DS needs to step its game up upcoming year.

#1nonexistingheroPosted 11/25/2012 3:52:23 AM
It's been more than 1.5 years since the system released and well... good games are still coming out at a pretty low rate. Third party even moreso. I remember the DS and GBA picking up the slack much sooner, after about a year or so. For a moment, that seemed to be the case with Kid Icarus: Uprising and Resident Evil: Revelations releasing close to each other, but now we are here now like 8 months later and there's Paper Mario, NSMB2 and Kingdom Hearts 3D. Yeah, some more 'good' games did come out in the meantime, but nothing quite as big as these 3.

There doesn't seem to be many upcoming games announced either. Fire Emblem is taking ages (for Europe, at least), Layton has lost quite a bit of its novelty factor by now, SMT:4 will also take ages, DQ7 won't arrive until holiday season next year or 2014 in the west and that's about it.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#2NathanisDrakePosted 11/25/2012 4:15:17 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3NathanisDrakePosted 11/25/2012 4:17:51 AM
Aren't you aware that Etrian Odyssey 4, Castlevania MoF, Animal Crossing,
Luigi's Mansion, Shantae and Monster Hunter are coming out next year in
NA?
Or are you just doing this for the sake of complaining?

EDIT: Forgot you said Europe. My appologies.
---
I hate fanboys, but VITA fanboys are the most obnoxious of the bunch
#4rizsparkyPosted 11/25/2012 4:32:00 AM
Dont worry, I have deciphered nintedo's strategy, they are trying to bleed the last bits of revenue from their first party titles, hence their digital releases. Once these sales start to drop, they will release and reveal more AAA titles, just gota wait it out... hopefully retro studios are producing a donkey kong 3DS
#5desert_santaPosted 11/25/2012 5:59:07 AM(edited)
i loved the releases this year, but if i was a 3ds only owner i would have been disappointed

this year i bought:

super mario 3d land(good but i expected a lot more, felt like they didn't spend much time making it, here's hoping the wii u mario bros is actually better)

lego pirates of the carribean(disappointing and not as funny as other lego games)

rhythm thief and the emperor's treasure(loved this, my fav title maybe)

professor layton and the miracle mask(you think i would be tired of the franchise but i think this is the best one......)

kid icarus(mehh....some great stuff and awful stuff in here)

kingdom hearts(i got tired of waiting for a playstation game, cool to see chars like TWEWY in there)

FF Theatrhythm(would have preferred other songs but i loved it and got a real nostalgia kick outta this)

tales of the abyss(didn't play yet, waiting till next year because i played graces f in september and can only handle so much tales per year, plus i wanna play ni no kuni in jan)

zero virtue's last reward(not played yet as i want to finish assassin's creed 3 first, but i loved 999, despite my having to import it)

it's a big improvement on last year so i'm happy, but i do expect more from the next one

EDIT:

oh yeah and pokemon white(glad the 3ds is backwards compatible at least)
#6AsyrafXXIPosted 11/25/2012 6:28:34 AM
Yeaahh, agree with you. I just want more quality third party titles. I'm still waiting for a FPS, Metroid or CoD will suffice. Not into RPGs at all. Maybe Pokemon.
#7abbyhitterPosted 11/25/2012 6:39:12 AM(edited)
Yeah, I'm waiting on some new good games too. The last retail game I bought was Kingdom Hearts 3D on July 31st. I am probably getting Paper Mario for Christmas. I'm just hoping that a new original 3D Zelda, Mario, and Metroid game are announced in 2013.

So far, I'm not really interested in Animal Crossing, Monster Hunter, or Fire Emblem. Luigi's Mansion is a big maybe for me.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!