The regular 3DS' build quality is terrible...

#1SolnotPosted 11/25/2012 6:55:57 AM
Honestly, this thing feels like it was made out of the cheapest plastic Nintendo could find. The outer shell is flexible and the top screen feels like it will snap in half when you open it. And what was Nintendo thinking when they came up with the "sandwich design" and these awkward shaped hinges? I can't believe people actually paid $250 for this piece of junk when it first came out.

At least Nintendo acknowledged their mistakes by releasing the 3DS XL. No reason to get a regular 3DS anymore when the 3DS XL is better in every other way.
#2DeathSoul2000Posted 11/25/2012 6:57:22 AM
how can you claim the 3ds is terrible when the xl is equally crap?
#3NathanisDrakePosted 11/25/2012 7:00:56 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
how can you claim the 3ds is terrible when the xl is equally crap?

Can't afford an XL? Oh, you~
---
I hate fanboys, but VITA fanboys are the most obnoxious of the bunch
#4Gogo726Posted 11/25/2012 7:11:33 AM
Really? As if console wars weren't bad enough, we're warring over versions of the same system?
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#5NathanisDrakePosted 11/25/2012 7:15:17 AM
Gogo726 posted...
Really? As if console wars weren't bad enough, we're warring over versions of the same system?

This board is a cesspool atm. I dunno why I'm still here, though. I guess it's just my urge to mock the kids...
---
I hate fanboys, but VITA fanboys are the most obnoxious of the bunch
#6Sipher360Posted 11/25/2012 7:16:07 AM
TC...I was thinking the same thing. I've been playing on an XL since it launched. Hadn't held an OG since then. I held an OG yesterday and it felt so different.

I wouldn't say that it felt cheap. But, it felt more mechanical....a bit more fragile. The XL feels alot more plastically, but heftier and more durable.
---
"Ahk and them never did nothing to me....terrorism is when you hang a * from a tree..." -Grand Puba Maxwell
#7k925457Posted 11/25/2012 7:17:40 AM
i got a 3ds xl it is way better than my bros 3ds it pisses me off how dirty it gets and how small it is
#8De_Blob_XPosted 11/25/2012 7:21:53 AM
Well TC that is just your stupid opinion.
I played XL few days ago and small buttons but big console is stupid.
Also the screen is unneccesery big so im happy with my original 3ds.

This board is really ruined,not only Sony fanboys attacking 3DS but now 3DS XL owners attacking 3DS...

Why?? If you dont like it,just ignore it and play your precious XL if you like it so much instead of wasting your time showing how immature kid you are.
---
Consoles I own: | PS1 | PS2 | PSP | PS3 | Wii | 3DS |
3DS FC: 2148-9559-6439 MadHouse
#9Galaxy_NovaPosted 11/25/2012 7:30:34 AM
De_Blob_X posted...
Well TC that is just your stupid opinion.
I played XL few days ago and small buttons but big console is stupid.
Also the screen is unneccesery big so im happy with my original 3ds.

This board is really ruined,not only Sony fanboys attacking 3DS but now 3DS XL owners attacking 3DS...

Why?? If you dont like it,just ignore it and play your precious XL if you like it so much instead of wasting your time showing how immature kid you are.

+1

Regular system is so much better.
---
Refreshing Like A Spring Breeze.
#10SquirrelettePosted 11/25/2012 7:47:37 AM
Hmmm...let's see.

I have a regular 3DS and I have no problems with it. My mother traded hers for an XL and the back cover peels away, which I believe is the norm. Call me crazy, but electronics that aren't even fully attached are generally not considered to be a *good* thing (not that I can think of any other one that does this). The speakers are CRAP and her headphone jack doesn't even work properly. Yeah, I'll keep my good old reliable 3DS, thanks.
---
~" A chat with you, and somehow death loses its sting."~