Which genre of Mario games do you like best?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which genre of Mario games do you like best?
2 years ago#1
Which Genre? - Results (99 votes)
2D Platformers (ex. Super Mario Bros)
22.22% (22 votes)
3D Platformers (ex. Super Mario Galaxy)
37.37% (37 votes)
Sports (ex. Mario Tennis)
1.01% (1 votes)
Kart (ex. Mario Kart 7)
5.05% (5 votes)
RPGs (ex. Paper Mario)
32.32% (32 votes)
Party (Mario Party
2.02% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I think I have to go with RPG.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3vDtZeo1YQ
Iwata: (laughs) 3DS FC: 2020-0024-6119
2 years ago#2
I'm going to say the Kart games have gotten the most enjoyment out of me, followed closely by the 3D platformers.
---
R.I.P. fungivore, 2012-2012
2 years ago#3
For me, well...

I would say the 3D games, but I hated Galaxy, Galaxy 2, and 3D Land, so that brings me to the 2D games, but even that was ruined for me. I loved Super Mario Bros 1, 2, 3, and World, but I don't like NSMB at all. That brings me to the Party games, but I only really liked 1, 2, 3, and 6. As for the sports games, I like them, but I can't call them my favorite.

Overall, I guess the RPG games would have to be my current favorite simply because I liked most of them. Mario RPG, Paper Mario, Paper Mario TYD, Mario and Luigi, Mario and Luigi PiT, and although I don't care to beat it, BiS was pretty good as well.

Now days I only really enjoy the Mario RPGs and Mario Kart, while the rest of the games seem to be a slap in the face to my childhood.
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] Please PM me with your FC!
My Backloggery Game List - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
2 years ago#4
2D—more nostalgia and challenge to me. Plus, Mario just seems to fit in a 2D world.
---
3DS FC: 5155-3461-5000
Name: Jester
2 years ago#5
Before the Galaxy games I would definitely had voted for the RPGs, but with Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 being so good it has become a much harder choice to make.
2 years ago#6
Generally 2D for the fun factor, but the 3D games never fail to impress me either.
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=lunarroar
Official Grand Master Assassin of New York (Assassin's Creed 3 board)
2 years ago#7
2D platformers
3d land was also amazing, i dont know if it is considered 2d or 3d because its kinda a mash of the two.
2 years ago#8
Hard choice, but I went with RPG's, mainly because TTYD is one of my favorite games of all time.
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.
2 years ago#9
Here's the order in which I'll choose:
1. RPGs
2. 3D Platformers
3. 2D Platformers
4. Sports
5. Kart
6. Party

I don't have anything against a genre, I love them all.
---
Steam ID: Zombehfication
Gamertag: oDarkvFox
2 years ago#10
Bowser's Inside Story involves platforming Mario goodness coupled with the RPG elements and a barebones story. I have to go with the Mario RPGs for that reason. Sunshine and the Galaxy series were good; I'm curious where they'll go next.

EDIT: For entertaining purposes, the Mario sports games are the most fun even considering the Party series. I've had great success with Super Sluggers.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
(edited by zinformant)
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which genre of Mario games do you like best?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived