SMYIV is not persona.

#51MetalLoki(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 8:11:14 PM
Nickcool1996 posted...
MetalLoki posted...
Nickcool1996 posted...
MetalLoki posted...
Did no one see that I put SMY? Why did no one call me on that? I was on a phone by the way when I made this topic.

I saw it. Didn't care.

Lum_Yatsura posted...
The latest SMT branded release is Devil Survivor 2. Persona 4 Golden and Persona 4 Arena didn't use it.

omg Just realized it.

Yay, we can follow how it's supposed to be now xD

But then it won't be Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaX6ENKuf6s

Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers is a good name.

SMTDSSH will be realized.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Official Cookies 'n Cream/Tsundere fan of the IDF/NDF
#52Buttery_ToastPosted 11/28/2012 8:17:24 PM
Wait, wait. Isn't SMT a spinoff itself?

Like, the main series is Megami Tensei, but then they spinned off to Shin Megami Tensei, then to Devil Summoner, then Persona, then Digital Devil Saga, then Devil Survivor.

So really, Devil Survivor 2 should have been titled Megami Tensei: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Persona: Digital Devil Saga: Devil Survivor 2. :P
---
My body is always Reggie.
Currently playing: Virtue's Last Reward
#53MetalLoki(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 8:19:41 PM
Buttery_Toast posted...

Like, the main series is Megami Tensei, but then they spinned off to Shin Megami Tensei, then to Devil Summoner, then Persona, then Digital Devil Saga, then Devil Survivor.

So really, Devil Survivor 2 should have been titled Megami Tensei: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Persona: Digital Devil Saga: Devil Survivor 2. :P

Megami Tensei would be the book, the book got a game adaptation know as Megami Tensei however thoses games where made by Konomi while the SMT game were made by Atlus. It is fine to say that the SMT is the main series for the Atlus adaptation of the Digital Devil Story books.
---
#54Buttery_ToastPosted 11/28/2012 8:24:11 PM
Buttery_Toast posted...

Megami Tensei would be the book, the book got a game adaptation know as Megami Tensei however thoses games where made by Konomi while the SMT game were made by Atlus. It is fine to say that the SMT is the main series for the Atlus adaptation of the Digital Devil Story books.

...Oh. Well then, shows how much I know.
---
My body is always Reggie.
Currently playing: Virtue's Last Reward
#55MetalLoki(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 8:24:58 PM
Buttery_Toast posted...
Buttery_Toast posted...

...Oh. Well then, shows how much I know.

There is a 75% chance I'm wrong and am missunderstanding the naming situation.
---
#56Nickcool1996Posted 11/28/2012 8:26:58 PM
Buttery_Toast posted...

This is true and not true.

Megami Tensei is the original (books later adapted to a game).

Shin Megami Tensei took what Megami Tensei had and made a loosely-based series off of it (kept demons and battle system), which is why it is "True" Megami Tensei.

Persona is a retelling of Megami Tensei.

Devil Summoner creates the Persona and SMT universes.

Everything else isn't really important, as they are true spinoffs.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://sadpanda.us/images/723723-KR3JJKL.jpg
#57MetalLoki(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 8:48:53 PM
Going of of Nick it would be a little like this

Devil Summoner Raido--->DS Raidou 2 ----> SMT---->if-----> Persona 1/2 or into
--->Devil summoner->ds2->p3/4

I'm not sure where the DDS games go but they could go after Nocturne and SJ seems to be out of it. SMTIV may go after SMT 1+2 because of Steven.
---
#58Lelouch71Posted 11/28/2012 9:17:02 PM
Digital Devil Story was a novel turn into a game called Megami Tensei. SMT basically originated from MT but it's not really connected to the series.

Basically this is how the timeline goes through the whole Amala Network revealed in Nocturne

Raidou 1->Raidou 2 (law)->SMT1->SMT2

Raidou 1->Raidou 2 (chaos)->Nocturne

Raidou 1->Raidou 2 (neutral)->SMT: if...->Devil Summoner->Persona 1->Soul Hackers->Innocent Sin

Raidou 1->Raidou 2 (neutral)->SMT: if...->Devil Summoner->Persona 1->Soul Hackers->Eternal Punishment->P3->Answers->P4->P4A

Devil Survivor 1 and 2, DDS, SJ, and most likely SMT4 have their own timeline but are most likely connected through the Amala Network.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#59MetalLoki(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 9:38:49 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
Digital Devil Story was a novel turn into a game called Megami Tensei. SMT basically originated from MT but it's not really connected to the series.

Basically this is how the timeline goes through the whole Amala Network revealed in Nocturne

Raidou 1->Raidou 2 (law)->SMT1->SMT2

Raidou 1->Raidou 2 (chaos)->Nocturne

Raidou 1->Raidou 2 (neutral)->SMT: if...->Devil Summoner->Persona 1->Soul Hackers->Innocent Sin

Raidou 1->Raidou 2 (neutral)->SMT: if...->Devil Summoner->Persona 1->Soul Hackers->Eternal Punishment->P3->Answers->P4->P4A

Devil Survivor 1 and 2, DDS, SJ, and most likely SMT4 have their own timeline but are most likely connected through the Amala Network.

Well depends on SMTIV, we know that Steven is able to go into a virtual world but we don't really know if he has access tothe Amala network. If he does then SMTIV could be seperate form SMT 1+2 but if he can't then we can assume it goes with them in some way. The wheelchair is the key.
---
#60Nickcool1996Posted 11/28/2012 9:50:35 PM
"The Wheelchair Is The Key"

lol

Ah, I forgot to mention that DDS supposedly takes place during Nocturne, but in America.

Strange Journey should take place in-between SMT II and Nocturne. It explains law and its side-quest.

Devil Survivor is probably a "what if..." of Devil Summoner because of the way COMPs are introduced.

Demikids and Devil Children...I have no clue.

The Frost game...dunno.

This is all speculation. Pay it little mind.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://sadpanda.us/images/723723-KR3JJKL.jpg