I can't get into the XL.

#1CompassPosted 11/25/2012 12:35:10 PM
I bought one, and am trying to like it, but can't stop returning to my original system. I think I prefer everything about my ambassador blue over the XL: finish, size, screen sharpness, weight. Oh, maybe the L and R buttons are worse.

With the XL, I don't like how heavy it is, how graphics aren't as sharp, how I lose the sweet spot easier, and how quiet the speakers are.

Anyone else feel the same? I might actually sell the XL. I need some reassurance (Vita-board style). Thanks.
#2crazymerioPosted 11/25/2012 12:48:25 PM
I prefer the XL by a large margin, but I can understand some of your complaints.
---
3DS FC: 4425-1519-7421
#3RazieruPosted 11/25/2012 1:23:22 PM
Compass posted...
I bought one, and am trying to like it, but can't stop returning to my original system. I think I prefer everything about my ambassador blue over the XL: finish, size, screen sharpness, weight. Oh, maybe the L and R buttons are worse.

It's a budget system; plain and simple. You either have to deal with it, or relieve yourself of it. The latter is much more healthier.

With the XL, I don't like how heavy it is, how graphics aren't as sharp, how I lose the sweet spot easier, and how quiet the speakers are.

Ah, this reminds me. For the brief moment I "tested" the XL, while playing Pokemon Black, I noticed not only was the volume butchered, but some notes were missing in the audio (I was on Sky Arrow Bridge by the way and FTEW).

So yes, those speakers are incredibly dire. I thought the crappy volume was all there was to the 3DS XL's speakers, but some notes, depending on the audio playing, are gimped as well. Oh my.

Anyone else feel the same? I might actually sell the XL. I need some reassurance (Vita-board style). Thanks.

Sell it. There is no assurance worth having. You obviously lament your ownership of it, and were pretty vocal about its turn offs. Also, I agree with you, so no dice on the assurance thing.
---
My swagger will X-splode you.
#4helldewPosted 11/25/2012 1:25:44 PM
the speakers is what killed it to me. My DSiXL has super awesome speakers especially when compared to the regular while the 3DSXL sounds like @#@# and the max volume is far to low.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#5RazieruPosted 11/25/2012 1:38:41 PM
helldew posted...
the speakers is what killed it to me. My DSiXL has super awesome speakers especially when compared to the regular while the 3DSXL sounds like @#@# and the max volume is far to low.

Damn shame isn't it? That's just one of the many deal breakers for me, and it looks so damn good too; especially the white one. I'm listening to my Mario XL's speakers greatness as we speak. The fact that people not only waste $200 for something that evidently cost Nintendo's cheap asses only maybe $40 or less to make, makes me laugh even harder at its existence.
---
My swagger will X-splode you.
#6tw1g_007Posted 11/25/2012 2:01:37 PM
My sister got the XL and smashed it already. Not worth the purchase.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#7SuperMario1998Posted 11/25/2012 2:28:38 PM
Yeah, It's a tight fit, isn't it?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3vDtZeo1YQ
Iwata: (laughs) 3DS FC: 2020-0024-6119
#8JC_JensonPosted 11/25/2012 2:59:07 PM
"I can't get into the XL" that's what he said.
#9swabluPosted 11/25/2012 3:02:39 PM
THAT'S WHAT HE SAID!!!!
---
praise the sun
#10viajarvPosted 11/25/2012 3:23:16 PM
Buy a used xl and transplant the dsixl speakers