I can't get into the XL.

#11viajarvPosted 11/25/2012 3:25:32 PM
Another trick of people who switched the cases of their old ds lites were that they drilled more speaker holes to reduce the material blocking the speakers. It's a popular mod for headphones too.
#12Pontificus32390Posted 11/25/2012 3:51:44 PM
Razieru posted...
helldew posted...
the speakers is what killed it to me. My DSiXL has super awesome speakers especially when compared to the regular while the 3DSXL sounds like @#@# and the max volume is far to low.

Damn shame isn't it? That's just one of the many deal breakers for me, and it looks so damn good too; especially the white one. I'm listening to my Mario XL's speakers greatness as we speak. The fact that people not only waste $200 for something that evidently cost Nintendo's cheap asses only maybe $40 or less to make, makes me laugh even harder at its existence.

Not everyone is an audiophile. The speakers are perfectly fine for what it is, not to say that they couldn't (or shouldn't) be better.
---
First Build: i5 3570k @ 4.3GHz | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | 2 x HIS 7870 IceQ 2GB |
8GB Corsair Vengeance | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Windows 7 64bit | 750W PSU
#13TheSmartBlondePosted 11/25/2012 3:55:53 PM
Can't imagine playing games on such small screens. The XL is superior in almost every way. More enjoyable. Graphics look the same.

The system feels more sturdy. I like the finish. On my regular 3DS I always had to always clean the fingerprints and smudges on the outer casing. On the XL I don't.

And most of the time when I'm playing it, I use headphones so the speakers don't bother me. Also, some games sound loud on the speakers at max volume on the XL and some games don't.
#14Jakerific44Posted 11/25/2012 4:32:17 PM
TheSmartBlonde posted...
Can't imagine playing games on such small screens. The XL is superior in almost every way. More enjoyable. Graphics look the same.

The system feels more sturdy. I like the finish. On my regular 3DS I always had to always clean the fingerprints and smudges on the outer casing. On the XL I don't.

And most of the time when I'm playing it, I use headphones so the speakers don't bother me. Also, some games sound loud on the speakers at max volume on the XL and some games don't.

This.
---
Miiverse is amazing. It's like Gamefaqs but without the trolls.
http://www.youtube.com/user/dragonwarriorz1?feature=mhee
#15helldewPosted 11/25/2012 5:23:37 PM
Not everyone is an audiophile. The speakers are perfectly fine for what it is, not to say that they couldn't (or shouldn't) be better.

im no audiophile trust me on that. i play my music from youtube and dont even have a soundcard in my PC despite having a "gaming" rig. its just that jump in quality beteewn the two systems is rather noticeable and not a nice kind of noticeable. plus with XLs you generally keep the system further away to compensate for the huge screens louder speakers is more noticeable at further distances
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#16r_m_8_8Posted 11/25/2012 5:29:53 PM
That's me as well. Original 3DS is just so good, XL with its ugly (in my opinion, I guess) looks, bigger size and lower PPI failed to impress me in a side-to-side comparison.
---
Now playing: Paper Mario SS, Code of Princess, Mark of the Ninja, SFxT.
| 3DS | PS3 | PC | Wii |
#17Compass(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 5:41:47 PM
Glad I'm not alone. I'll probably keep it because selling it is a hassle, and I don't want to regret it later if this color combo turns out to be rare or something (pink/white). Maybe a game will come along that really feels better on it. Will probably be packing the system away, though. Don't need it sitting out collecting dust.

Back to my trusty ambassador blue!
#18stargazer64Posted 11/25/2012 5:57:22 PM
Maybe give it a few months, Compass. If you still prefer the original then by all means ditch the XL. For me, the XL is way more comfortable to hold, the battery lasts 2 extra hours, stylus placement is better (small detail, I know), the d-pad and all buttons feel better, the hinges are tighter, and not worrying about the bumpers and screen scratching is nice.

Not sure I want to go back to tiny screens, either.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#19MarsfordPosted 11/25/2012 6:11:16 PM
As soon as I picked it up (my XL), I knew I never wanted to go back. If you feel that way about your original, why upgrade?
---
Official Marsford of the NDF
People should really learn the difference between a troll and an idiot.
#20Compass(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 10:51:08 AM
stargazer64 posted...
Maybe give it a few months, Compass. If you still prefer the original then by all means ditch the XL. For me, the XL is way more comfortable to hold, the battery lasts 2 extra hours, stylus placement is better (small detail, I know), the d-pad and all buttons feel better, the hinges are tighter, and not worrying about the bumpers and screen scratching is nice.

Not sure I want to go back to tiny screens, either.

Yeah, Imma give it a few months. Took me a while to warm to the DSi XL, but now I prefer it, so maybe it'll be the same here.