I'm looking for some kind of first-person game...

#1LegoLeonidasPosted 11/26/2012 12:08:53 AM
Lately I've been craving a good first-person style game. Shooters are okay, but I'd prefer an RPG/adventure. I played a bit of the first Etrian Odyssey back when I worked at Gamecrazy, and kind of enjoyed it, but it sold before I could buy it. The Doom RPG was so much fun, I played it til my phone broke! I know a new Etrian Odyssey is in the works, and I may get it, but I need something NOW!

I'd like something with a good sense of exploration, preferably with RPG elements. Puzzle-solving(Shadowgate style) would be a definite plus! DS, 3DS, or E-shop, I'm not picky.

And don't say Etrian Odyssey, as I already know I'll like that one...
---
"I have nightmares about Hell, where all I do is add up numbers and try to have conversations with people like you." - Bob the Skull
#2NathanisDrakePosted 11/26/2012 12:13:00 AM
In this generation? Good luck. FP Shooters are all you get nowadays... >.>
---
I hate fanboys, but VITA fanboys are the most obnoxious of the bunch
#3kakashik99992Posted 11/26/2012 12:24:15 AM
Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey to DS (first person dungeon crawler)

Shin Megami Tensei IV for 3DS(in the future)

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 1 and 2 have FP battles

the DS CoD(meh I didn't like them that much but..)
#4supremeblasterPosted 11/26/2012 3:53:59 AM
Phoenix Wright games and 999 for DS.
Virtue's Last Reward for 3DS. There's also another Phoenix Wright game coming to 3DS soon.
#5xellos667Posted 11/26/2012 6:40:50 AM(edited)
I will do a suggestion on the eShop side

Buy Picdun for DSiWare. It's a first-person dungeon crawl action-RPG (as in you use your stylus to actually do your attack in real-time). with some hardcore puzzle later on if you want to complete everything.

Else, the Sword of Hope II for the Game Boy VC can be seen as "first-person", like Myst was in first person (meaning you only see the pictures of where you are and you move around with the four direction: North-South-East-West). Though since it's not "real" first-person like Picdun, I don't know if that count. But since you named Shadowgate, and it's pretty a Shadowgate game on the Game Boy, I thought you might like it.
#6Sol_ClydePosted 11/26/2012 6:49:24 AM
I think there is a game out for 3DS that is a FP RPG but it's Japan-only.
Labyrinth no Kanata.
I doubt it will ever be released in the west.
---
Want to make the boards a better place?
REPORT bad posts and topics so the moderators can do something about it.
#7NettoSaitoPosted 11/26/2012 6:51:51 AM
Well...

Fallout
Oblivion
Metroid Prime (it's an adventure game, but your main weapon in an arm cannon)
Mirrors Edge (platformer but you can use some guns)
Portal?

Really, I can't think of many that aren't just standard shooters.... None on the 3DS though lol
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] Please PM me with your FC!
My Backloggery Game List - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#8JoeHigashi2000Posted 11/26/2012 9:01:01 AM
Sword of Hope II (GB) eShop
Fighting Fantasy (can't remember the rest of the long title) (DS)
Dementium The Ward (DS)
---
GT: J03HIG45HI PSN PS3/Vita: JoeHigashi2000 3DS FC: 0817-3804-7210
#9Gam3r777Posted 11/26/2012 9:04:14 AM
For the 3ds you won't find much. The only thing I can think of is Ocarina of Time because of the gyro capabilities. It's not really first person though.
#10BreloomPosted 11/26/2012 9:07:48 AM
There's The Dark Spire, Orcs & Elves, and Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey for the DS
---
http://i.imgur.com/PrGi5.gif