I'm looking for some kind of first-person game...

#11-Zeke-Posted 11/26/2012 9:20:04 AM
Does Spirit Camera count as First Person?
---
Hi! My name is Zeke, here's my 3DS code:1118-1052-2607 (PM me if you add me)
I'm on Flipnote Hatena also: http://flipnote.hatena.com/5358A8D0A0A86A2E@DSi/
#12Lord_FroodPosted 11/26/2012 10:00:39 AM
Why not just use Amazon to buy EO...?

Shining in the Darkness and the Phantasy Star series are good.
---
You only need to know two things to understand KH: Everyone is Sora, Everything is Xehanort's fault.
http://backloggery.com/Lord_Frood
#13Northern_RosePosted 11/26/2012 10:48:24 AM
All games mentioned are for DS

Turn Based FP RPGs

Dark Spire, The
Etrian Odyssey
Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard
Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City
Orcs & Elves (First Person rogue)
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey

FP ARPGs

Deep Labyrinth
Fighting Fantasy: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain (plays like an Elder Scrolls game, one of my fav DS games)
Mazes of Fate DS

FP Lego game and a FP shooter (also the best Lego game for the DS and best FPS as well)

Bionicle Heroes
---
"I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad." ~ Bad-Anon
3DS FC: 4210-5381-4799
#14Semi45aPosted 11/26/2012 11:06:25 AM
Get ZombiU
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#15n00bsaib0tPosted 11/26/2012 11:13:10 AM
Deep Labyrinth

You're one of my new favorite people.

I found this gem on sale for $5 right after the DS lite dropped, recognized Atlus from the Digital Devil Saga games a friend of mine loved, and grabbed it. Best $5 I've ever spent. I'm actually really glad it was on sale as I normally stick to a hand full of games, Mario, Castlevania, Zelda, Mega Man, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil and rhythm games, so I would have passed this up otherwise. It was kinda weird storywise but I liked the way attacking was implemented and it was the first game I ever saw to have spell casting done by drawing on the screen. Sticking to the small amount of games like I do I can't say if it was the first to do draw-on-the-screen spell casting, but it sure as hell blew my mind when I played it.

TC, find Deep Labyrinth.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#16LegoLeonidas(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 11:59:23 AM
Okay, I'm definitely interested in Dark Spire, Deep Labyrinth, and Fighting Fantasy. My little brother recommended Master of the Monster Lair, and it looks interesting. I think I'll keep an eye out for these four.

Thank you all for your input!
---
"I have nightmares about Hell, where all I do is add up numbers and try to have conversations with people like you." - Bob the Skull
#17MrFwibblesPosted 11/26/2012 4:36:40 PM(edited)
Unchained Blades ReXX is supposed to be coming to the 3DS at some point, but Xseed haven't mentioned it for like 6 months and I think everyone forgot about it.

n00bsaib0t posted...
Sticking to the small amount of games like I do I can't say if it was the first to do draw-on-the-screen spell casting

I think that was LostMagic.
---
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
#18VampireRoninPosted 11/26/2012 4:40:56 PM
I also suggest Fighting Fantasy. It's been called "The Morrowind of the DS."
I should also mention Theresia. It's a horror themed adventure/maze game. Great atmosphere. Screens: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/944894-theresia/images
---
"Time to fry, yeah, FRY BABY!!!"
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k261/memjr/purge.jpg
#19jumper1234Posted 11/26/2012 4:45:13 PM
If you liked Doom RPG, then I suggest you get Orcs and Elves. If not Deep Labyrinth is good, too.
---
Waiting for: Retro City Rampage (XBLA), Terraria (XBLA)
3DS FC: 3652-1930-9604 (PM me your fc if you add me)
#20Freelance_WolfPosted 11/26/2012 5:05:35 PM(edited)
The Dark Spire is right up your alley. it's a dungeon crawler like EO. Has some hard puzzles and there's no hand holding at all. No automap feature but there's a spell mages can use to show your position.

SMT: SJ is good too and has more modern-y art if you find DS's art too drab (I love the artstyle but not many people do and don't try it and miss out)

---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."