What do you prefer, hard copies or digital?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What do you prefer, hard copies or digital?

User Info: Gam3r777

Gam3r777
4 years ago#1
Only digital games I get is E-Shop games. Other than that I like hard copies. When I get digital it feels like I don't really own it for some reason.

User Info: JC_Jenson

JC_Jenson
4 years ago#2
I like it hard.

User Info: Enix Belmont

Enix Belmont
4 years ago#3
Hard copies by a mile.
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg

User Info: TheGoToSleep

TheGoToSleep
4 years ago#4
For PS3 I prefer digital, I live with my gf and her brother. Her brother is able to download whatever I buy for some 2 player online. Hence I feel money goes further.

3ds is limited to 1 system and has a smaller storage capability so I get cartridges. Can also loan the carts if more than 1 save file. Paper mario, PL:MM, and SM3d all have 3 save files and we each have a XL.

User Info: Denizen_Of_Dark

Denizen_Of_Dark
4 years ago#5
Normally i prefer hard copies from a collectors standpoint, but i can see the convenience of digital for on the go gaming and probably would prefer that over a case to hold a bunch of games to carry everywhere i plan to use it.

Just bringing the ds to work to play on breaks i would be fine havin just one game in the system, but going on a plane or long car ride i would like more options.
Warfriends: You must be lonely, unless you are a female; which in that case u are merely a figment of my imagination
check quote for XBL GT

User Info: ares9090

ares9090
4 years ago#6
Hard copies for all reasons listed in previous post.

I go against digital content for several reasons:

1) The game is not yours, is whoever's run the eShop.
2) You can not share your games with your friends
3) If for some reason your 3DS breaks to a beyond repair point, all your spent money on DC goes to the drain, since there are not accounts for the eShop.
4) Paying full price for a digital game where Nintendo saves a lot of money by not printing manuals, buying hard cases, and everything physical related is a big rip off.
3DS FC Ares 3738 0446 1787 <> Black FC Ares 0389 8392 9652
Dream World Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk

User Info: sejan12

sejan12
4 years ago#7
Hard copies by a long shot. They look good on my game shelves

User Info: Marsford

Marsford
4 years ago#8
Hard. So I can sell them/share them. Main reasons.
Official Marsford of the NDF
People should really learn the difference between a troll and an idiot.

User Info: E-25

E-25
4 years ago#9
Denizen_Of_Dark posted...
Normally i prefer hard copies from a collectors standpoint, but i can see the convenience of digital for on the go gaming and probably would prefer that over a case to hold a bunch of games to carry everywhere i plan to use it.

This sums up my opinion as well. I'm hoping to grab MH3G & AC:NL as digital since I see myself playing them often, but with other titles such as LM:DM and FE:A, I'd just buy the physical versions.
Where did you come from? Where do you go?
Where did you come from, demon-eyed Jho?

User Info: FKRW4Life

FKRW4Life
4 years ago#10
Im hard for 3ds games
Vita Flopic creators = schadenfreude
Legit discussion on sales = intelligent debate
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What do you prefer, hard copies or digital?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived