I just don't understand one thing about digital

#11Darkstorm16(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 9:49:18 AM
AceGamer11x posted...
Darkstorm16 posted...
The only thing I get iffy on in digital is the extreme high prices of certain games, I get iffy on $10 >.< I get worse when they are $39.99 the same price as gamestop O.o. $6.99 is a comfortable price for some of the games, the only exception for $10 for me is: Nightsky, Cave Story, Liberation Maiden, Denpa Men.....that's pretty much it.

Been thinking about getting liberation maiden..but I hear it's pretty short.

I didn't know that >.<
---
Current Systems: 3DS, DSlite, IPod Touch
If There is Evil in this world it lurks in the hearts of Man- Tales of Phantasia
#12superquester101Posted 11/26/2012 9:52:45 AM
AceGamer11x posted...
Darkstorm16 posted...
The only thing I get iffy on in digital is the extreme high prices of certain games, I get iffy on $10 >.< I get worse when they are $39.99 the same price as gamestop O.o. $6.99 is a comfortable price for some of the games, the only exception for $10 for me is: Nightsky, Cave Story, Liberation Maiden, Denpa Men.....that's pretty much it.

I am glad I bought it. It is pretty short, only 5 missions, but each of those missions has sub missions which takes a while longer to complete. You are also able to replay the mission after you beat it which means it has some replay value. I say you should buy it =D
---
AS*Flare online KIU name.
3DS FC:1332-8737-0600 Send me a PM if you add me
#13Darkstorm16(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 9:52:46 AM
I suppose Liberation Maiden is out of the picture >.<
---
If There is Evil in this world it lurks in the hearts of Man- Tales of Phantasia
#14Darkstorm16(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 9:55:43 AM
superquester101 posted...
AceGamer11x posted...
Darkstorm16 posted...

I am glad I bought it. It is pretty short, only 5 missions, but each of those missions has sub missions which takes a while longer to complete. You are also able to replay the mission after you beat it which means it has some replay value. I say you should buy it =D

lol now its back in...gahhhh I'm confused @_@ *Darkstorm16 has fainted*
---
#15Argh4430Posted 11/26/2012 9:56:44 AM
We're not the only ones saying that the digital games are not yours, Nintendo specifically says it in their fine print that hardly anyone reads.

This idea of selling a license versus a product is not anything new, except the means of the sale. With the digital platform, it would be easier for Nintendo to enforce the sales of a license (versus hoping that the customer respects the wishes of the terms of the sale).

Technically, the system is not yours. Yes, you bought the system, but you are not free to alter it to your liking. Those things that voids warranties? That's what they're talking about. And when you buy a game, it's the same thing. The worry for them is you taking the coding, changing it, and selling it as your idea, or making it possible for you (or others) to "steal" the coding, or games so to speak.

The digital platform should have ways to protect the consumer, but Nintendo's eShop doesn't have some of the things that regular stores do. If you buy a game there, it's now yours to have or delete. But you can't give it to anyone else, nor can you get your money back if you do not like the game. Many of the games there are about $10 or less, but now there's retail games that cost MSRP, and you can't get the game for less unless Nintendo does some kind of sale.

Five transfers sounds reasonable, but it doesn't make sense to me why it's capped at five. Why not make it infinite?

I don't like how they would take games off their shop, because one of the main selling points for digital shops is that the product offered has no limits now. There doesn't have to be a finite number of games made to everyone in the world, because it's just coding being sent to the customer. I can understand if they pull special editions and all, but there was no reason to pull Freakyforms, except to try and make more money with Freakyforms Deluxe. That left a bad taste in my mouth.
#16Chimera268Posted 11/26/2012 10:08:20 AM
Gam3r777 posted...
I like something physical that I can actually hold in my hand. It's just a matter of preference really.

This.
---
Currently Playing: Kid Icarus Uprising (3DS), Theatrhythm (3DS), Mario Tennis Open (3DS), Kingdom Hearts 3D (3DS), MLB 12: The Show (Vita).
#17segadc2k5Posted 11/26/2012 3:14:57 PM
You know what would make Digital distribution better?

If the companies releasing the digital files or some gamer somewhere started making manuals and box art for the digital games...they can use the 3DS cases too...it would be nice to have something to look at instead of just having a digital file...

They could make one box art and manual for Fallblox/Pullblox (Crashmo/Pushmo)

Also the price of the manual and boxart etc could be at a cheap rate as well...

I know some people did this for the unreleased Dreamcast games so I think it would be a good idea for Digital content as well...I'm just talking about Eshop only releases here too
:)
---
RIP Tiger 2004- March 1st 2007