My Club Nintendo Platinum reward has been shipped.

#51Firemaster5Posted 12/8/2012 9:12:52 PM
From: GoldenSun3DS | Posted: 12/5/2012 10:37:32 PM | #050
Can anyone who got the posters tell me what the "special effects" turned out to be?

Sorry that this is late.
I think they are just "special printing effects."
They're also 22" by 28" according to the page.
---
Hiro-He didn't kill a horse he merely used a stencil and some white spray paint on his black coat...where he got the white paint I'll leave to your imagination.
#52forest_wandererPosted 12/8/2012 11:20:22 PM
GoldenSun3DS posted...
Can anyone who got the posters tell me what the "special effects" turned out to be?

Zelda and Kid Icarus are just glossy posters, which is an even bigger letdown than the buttons last year.

The Luigi's Mansion one is actually clever. It's a plain matte poster, but the ghosts are all glossy print so they stick out and look different from everything else.
---
nightScan is one of the greatest human beings on the planet.
gamezrochard is a true man.
#53Karma313thPosted 12/8/2012 11:59:53 PM
forest_wanderer posted...
GoldenSun3DS posted...

Zelda and Kid Icarus are just glossy posters, which is an even bigger letdown than the buttons last year.

The Luigi's Mansion one is actually clever. It's a plain matte poster, but the ghosts are all glossy print so they stick out and look different from everything else.

Actually, the ghosts aren't "glossy", they seem that way because they're coated with a material to make them glow in the dark.

But yeah, I'm a little pissed.

The Luigi's Mansion poster is very nicely done.

The Zelda and Kid Icarus posters, on the other hand....

I'd thought possibly the Zelda one would have some gilding, or "foil", to accent all the gold, but nope.

So far, I haven't been able to find anything that would qualify as a "special printing effect" on either of the two, the paper's not even anything particularly special but it is a slightly heavier bond than what you'd get with a free poster in a magazine.

So....I don't know how Nintendo can call that "special printing effects" unless they're counting each individual ghost.

Apart from the Luigi's Mansion one, the poster set is a huge letdown, particularly after how nice the Zelda poster set was that also touted "special printing effects".
#54Twilightwolf444Posted 12/9/2012 1:40:36 AM
My posters finally came in the other day. They do look pretty awesome.

Though I'm only keeping the Legend of Zelda poster. I'm selling the other two on Ebay right now. With the new Legend of Zelda poster, I only have room for one more poster and I want to find a poster of that new Tomb Raider game that is coming out in March.
---
US Aqua Blue Ambassador 3DS FC: 5198-2493-9347
I Am Female, American, and a Hardcore Gamer ;)
#55forest_wandererPosted 12/9/2012 9:30:23 PM
Karma313th posted...
forest_wanderer posted...
GoldenSun3DS posted...

Actually, the ghosts aren't "glossy", they seem that way because they're coated with a material to make them glow in the dark.

Whoa! They glow in the dark?! I gotta go see this.
---
nightScan is one of the greatest human beings on the planet.
gamezrochard is a true man.
#56MrBubblePosted 12/10/2012 12:00:57 AM
Are there people who still haven't gotten their posters yet? My posters shipped on Nov. 26th like most people, but I'm trying to discern whether my posters were stolen from my front porch last week.

There's no tracking for the shipment so I don't know if it was delivered or not.
#57GameMaster2k7Posted 12/11/2012 1:34:57 PM
MrBubble posted...
Are there people who still haven't gotten their posters yet? My posters shipped on Nov. 26th like most people, but I'm trying to discern whether my posters were stolen from my front porch last week.

There's no tracking for the shipment so I don't know if it was delivered or not.

I haven't got my calendar yet, how do you track them?
---
3DS FC: 1676-4016-3856
White 2: 0390-6700-1990
#58Drpsy45Posted 12/11/2012 2:51:53 PM
I haven't gotten my calendar either. I tried to see if i would be able to track it but i dont think its possible :(
---
3DS FC: 4639-9262-2113
#59Karma313thPosted 12/11/2012 8:54:57 PM
MrBubble posted...

The posters definitely move a little slower.

It's also worth noting that they're shipped in a mailing tube via the regular USPS mail, so. Don't have to worry about a UPS delivery guy leaving it out in the open.
#60Firemaster5Posted 12/11/2012 10:11:25 PM
The posters definitely move a little slower.

It's also worth noting that they're shipped in a mailing tube via the regular USPS mail, so. Don't have to worry about a UPS delivery guy leaving it out in the open.

Maybe where YOU are. Here, they just leave it on the porch; not even a knock on the door. It displays a tracking number unless that's for NoA.

Anyway, with the new info, an updated description has been added.
Does this seem about right?
http://t.co/2hJ6q0Yt
---
"I'd like to unbox her Mark of Mastery Edition if you know what I mean." -Goombacrusher07